Windows 10: my pc freezes whenever I open photos

Discus and support my pc freezes whenever I open photos in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i have tried resetting and repairing submitted by /u/mrzewzie [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrzewzie, Oct 12, 2020.

1. my pc freezes whenever I open photos

/u/mrzewzie, Oct 12, 2020

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 12, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

my pc freezes whenever I open photos

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done my pc freezes whenever I open photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

my pc freezes whenever I open photos

1. my pc freezes whenever I open photos - Similar Threads - freezes whenever open

2. Notepad is popping up whenever I open my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is popping up whenever I open my PC.: Please can one find the solution on this and if possible, please tell me also......."Notepad is popping up when I start my PC, and it creates and stores data in Notepad every time. I think in my PC notebook is creating these automatically due to any of the internal commands...
  3. Notepad is popping up whenever I open my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad is popping up whenever I open my PC.: Please can one find the solution on this and if possible, please tell me also......."Notepad is popping up when I start my PC, and it creates and stores data in Notepad every time. I think in my PC notebook is creating these automatically due to any of the internal commands...
  4. Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.: To summarize, my month-old desktop computer has been shutting off and resetting every time I open the Photos app. I have tried to disable the automatic restart function in the Startup and Recovery section, opening the CMD prompt and typing gpupdate and chkdsk c:. I have also...
  5. Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.: To summarize, my month-old desktop computer has been shutting off and resetting every time I open the Photos app. I have tried to disable the automatic restart function in the Startup and Recovery section, opening the CMD prompt and typing gpupdate and chkdsk c:. I have also...
  6. UserOOBEBroker.exe is open whenever my PC idles until I open settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UserOOBEBroker.exe is open whenever my PC idles until I open settings?: I've been searching through my settings for the right way to turn it off. It's been showing up since the KB4578974 update I installed three days ago. The process is legitimate (Windows/System32/oobe), and my antivirus/antimalware programs all come up clean. The odd part is...
  7. PC freezes randomly whenever I stream videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes randomly whenever I stream videos: Since the beginning of September my computer has been randomly freezing when I'm streaming videos online such as youtube, netflix, or twitch. It doesn't matter where I'm streaming, it'll either happen in a few minutes or within a hour or two. It's gotten so bad, if I a video...
  8. "This Pc" freezes whenever I open (started today). I can access my drives if I randomly...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "This Pc" freezes whenever I open (started today). I can access my drives if I randomly...: I can't access submitted by /u/thedoggoeswooff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iy1lrh/this_pc_freezes_whenever_i_open_started_today_i/
  9. Pc freezes whenever I start downloading drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes whenever I start downloading drivers: So I've experienced this problem for a while now and I have absolutely have no idea why it keeps happening. It started about 5 months ago when we moved to our new house. The house didn't have WiFi yet so my pc had to keep idle for a while, the moment we got connection...
  10. My Acer laptop freezes when I open photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Acer laptop freezes when I open photos.: My Acer laptop freezes when I open photos after the latest window 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-acer-laptop-freezes-when-i-open-photos/f61e8738-f1be-409a-8bef-a3a759e2ed9f"