Windows 10: My PC freezes while doing multiple things at a time

Discus and support My PC freezes while doing multiple things at a time in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello.Recently I started having a problem with my Windows 11 PC. When I play a game like Valorant on it and open e.g. Brave browser or Discord on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by makss3, May 10, 2022.

1. makss3 Win User

My PC freezes while doing multiple things at a time

Hello.Recently I started having a problem with my Windows 11 PC. When I play a game like Valorant on it and open e.g. Brave browser or Discord on my second monitor, the computer freezes and I need to restart it using the button to be able to use it again. I can hear the sound of the game in my headphones, but the entire screen is not moving.My PC specs:CPU: i5-10600KFGPU: RTX 3060RAM: 32GB 3200MHz1TB SSD M.2 NVMe

:)

makss3, May 10, 2022

2. PC freezes multiple times.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the PC freezes and unfreeze after 5 minutes and this happens multiple times.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps as mentioned in this article:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Also, please refer this
    safe mode
    article and start the PC in safe mode. If the issue persist in safe mode then perform clean boot in safe mode environment,
    put the PC in software clean boot and check if it freezes, refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 10, 2022
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 10, 2022
  4. My PC freezes while doing multiple things at a time

PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, May 10, 2022
Thema:

My PC freezes while doing multiple things at a time

1. My PC freezes while doing multiple things at a time - Similar Threads - freezes while doing

2. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things: getting alot of blue screens, but i dont know how to read dump files, checked my disks, system files and updated 200 drivers what it feels like but no avail, will share dump files here if anyone could read em for mehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf67WR6b6Vll1IAevkLan55doxx?e=VcNYuV...
  3. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things: getting alot of blue screens, but i dont know how to read dump files, checked my disks, system files and updated 200 drivers what it feels like but no avail, will share dump files here if anyone could read em for mehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf67WR6b6Vll1IAevkLan55doxx?e=VcNYuV...
  4. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My PC freezes while doing multiple things at a time

My PC freezes while doing multiple things at a time: Hello.Recently I started having a problem with my Windows 11 PC. When I play a game like Valorant on it and open e.g. Brave browser or Discord on my second monitor, the computer freezes and I need to restart it using the button to be able to use it again. I can hear the sound...
  6. Laptop freezes multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes multiple times: Hello,My Asus laptop with windows 10 freezes very frequently.There are no malwares. In task manager, the disk usage is 100%. Tried to fix it, but its still 100%.Disabled AMD graphics but still same.What could be wrong. Is my hard disk dying ?...
  7. Laptop freezes multiple times

Laptop freezes multiple times: Hello,My Asus laptop with windows 10 freezes very frequently.There are no malwares. In task manager, the disk usage is 100%. Tried to fix it, but its still 100%.Disabled AMD graphics but still same.What could be wrong. Is my hard disk dying ?...
  8. Laptop freezes multiple times

9. PC freezing multiple times per day

PC freezing multiple times per day: I've been having issues over the past month or so where my PC will freeze/lock up randomly. The issue has been worse as of recently, just yesterday it froze around 6 or 7 times, a couple times it even froze as my PC was starting up. I've tried many things such as fixing...
  10. How do I pin the same thing multiple times on my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I pin the same thing multiple times on my taskbar?: I wanna pin the same EXE file multiple times on my taskbar, how can I do this? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/how-do-i-pin-the-same-thing-multiple-times-on-my/389d3659-457d-46e0-8c73-5775ae0b983d