Windows 10: My PC frequently asking for PIN for fingerprint login but issue only appears after a reboot.

Discus and support My PC frequently asking for PIN for fingerprint login but issue only appears after a reboot. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My fingerprint login is frequently not working.So, my ability to log in with my fingerprint seems to be physically possible with no hardware errors. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel Noble1, Dec 1, 2022.

1. My PC frequently asking for PIN for fingerprint login but issue only appears after a reboot.

My fingerprint login is frequently not working.So, my ability to log in with my fingerprint seems to be physically possible with no hardware errors. I have set up fingerprint logging and it works normally up to a point.Once it is working it will work just fine until my PC reboots. Upon reboot I will get a message that the PIN is required whenever I try and log in using my fingerprint. I can then get it to work again simply by removing the fingerprint and readding it. It will then work exactly as expected until my PC is rebooted again.It only happens with a reboot, not a lock screen or sleep mo

:)

Daniel Noble1, Dec 1, 2022
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

use fingerprint as default login option

My HP DV7 laptop is using nothing but the Microsoft drivers for the fingerprint scanner. Regardless of what method of login the lock screen is asking for, the fingerprint scanner is active and I can log in with fingerprint. When it is asking for a PIN login, have you tried just swiping your finger?

NavyLCDR, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

My PC frequently asking for PIN for fingerprint login but issue only appears after a reboot. fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 1, 2022
  4. My PC frequently asking for PIN for fingerprint login but issue only appears after a reboot.

Fingerprint login not works after installing the Fall Creators Update

Hi Justine!
    Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately it is not a driver problem, your suggestion didn't worked (drivers and devices are OK, I've performed a clean boot, the same issue, when I wanted to add fingerprint, after entering PIN, the scanner doesn't started).
    Again, this issue appeared after installing the latest Fall Update, before, everything went well. My problem is similar to the issue described by imsam67's (asked on October 19, 2017), with the difference, that they are having problem with facial login mainly
    (Benjamin Klebel mentioned also fingerprint login problems).
    Any other suggestions? Thank you!

Laszlo Trif, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

My PC frequently asking for PIN for fingerprint login but issue only appears after a reboot.

1. My PC frequently asking for PIN for fingerprint login but issue only appears after a reboot. - Similar Threads - frequently asking PIN

2. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  3. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  4. My PC reboots frequently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC reboots frequently.: : System : Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger : .2024.2.15. 7:10:47 ID: 1 : : : WHEA Error Event Logs : LOCAL SERVICE : 201gh : . . Xml: http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> 1 0 2 0 0 0x8000000000000002 72990 System 201gh 1019...
  5. My PC reboots frequently.

My PC reboots frequently.: : System : Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger : .2024.2.15. 7:10:47 ID: 1 : : : WHEA Error Event Logs : LOCAL SERVICE : 201gh : . . Xml: http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> 1 0 2 0 0 0x8000000000000002 72990 System 201gh 1019...
  6. My PC frequently asking for PIN for fingerprint login but issue only appears after a reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC frequently asking for PIN for fingerprint login but issue only appears after a reboot.: My fingerprint login is frequently not working.So, my ability to log in with my fingerprint seems to be physically possible with no hardware errors. I have set up fingerprint logging and it works normally up to a point.Once it is working it will work just fine until my PC...
  7. Even after giving my fingerprint, it asks to provide pin to sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Even after giving my fingerprint, it asks to provide pin to sign in.: From past few weeks I am facing issues regarding sign in, in my laptop Windows 11. After opening the laptop, it asks for fingerprint and after providing fingerprint it asks for the pin to sign in. But earlier it was perfectly fine, I could sign in into my laptop using my...
  8. Even after giving my fingerprint, it asks to provide pin to sign in.

Even after giving my fingerprint, it asks to provide pin to sign in.: From past few weeks I am facing issues regarding sign in, in my laptop Windows 11. After opening the laptop, it asks for fingerprint and after providing fingerprint it asks for the pin to sign in. But earlier it was perfectly fine, I could sign in into my laptop using my...
  9. Login fingerprint and PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login fingerprint and PIN: My computer won't let me use my fingerprint of PIN to log in. When I hit "Forgot my PIN" I get a second screen that is blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-fingerprint-and-pin/2f342603-fca3-4073-8bb5-495038c85926
  10. cant login with pin or fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant login with pin or fingerprint: Hello, I bought a new laptop a few days ago. Everything works normally when i set a fingerprint or a pin and it works normally when it wwant authentication on a mirosoft store, but my login to windows does not work. pin login is not displayed at all and when i try use the...