Windows 10: My pc get's a black screen but my computer is still running

Discus and support My pc get's a black screen but my computer is still running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello to anyone who reads this So for about 2 months my Computer will randomly go black on my screen and the keyboard wouldn't respond and I will hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DominicCasilli, Jun 2, 2019.

1. My pc get's a black screen but my computer is still running

Hello to anyone who reads this

So for about 2 months my Computer will randomly go black on my screen and the keyboard wouldn't respond and I will hear sound for about 5 seconds.

This is a custom built by me

Here are my specs (amd Athlon 200ge @3.9ghz gigabyte ab350m-ds3k,2*4 ballistix sport ram, xfx rx560 corsair cx650m.

My pc was built before Christmas and has been working fine till the past two months. I think it might be my CPU overclocked to high since it's not supposed to be. But I'm not super sure. If anyone know how to fix this pls help me.

Thank you for your time

:)

DominicCasilli, Jun 2, 2019

2. black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 2, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jun 2, 2019
  4. My pc get's a black screen but my computer is still running

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

My pc get's a black screen but my computer is still running

1. My pc get's a black screen but my computer is still running - Similar Threads - get's black screen

2. My Pc turns on, but my screen is still black. why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc turns on, but my screen is still black. why?: i've checked all cables, unplugged and replugged everything, basically disassembled my pc and reassembled the whole thing, still don't know why my screen isnt turning on. and ive read people telling me to go into my bios or something along those lines but how do i do that...
  3. Screen goes black but PC still running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black but PC still running.: i have an issue, My Computer just random starts getting blackscreens but is still running, it happens in all cases. While i do nothing, While playing a Game, While watching youtube ect. No overheating problem and CPU or GPU are never close to 100%, same with RAM. Problem is...
  4. Screen goes black but PC still running.

Screen goes black but PC still running.: i have an issue, My Computer just random starts getting blackscreens but is still running, it happens in all cases. While i do nothing, While playing a Game, While watching youtube ect. No overheating problem and CPU or GPU are never close to 100%, same with RAM. Problem is...
  5. Screen goes black but PC still running.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Black screen but still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen but still running: Hi guys,I left my laptop on for a while as I had to do something and when I came back the power was on, the fan was running, and the keyboard backlight was on, but the screen was black. I tried moving the mouse and pressing keys but it didn't wake. I also tried Windows + Ctrl...
  7. Black screen but still running

Black screen but still running: Hi guys,I left my laptop on for a while as I had to do something and when I came back the power was on, the fan was running, and the keyboard backlight was on, but the screen was black. I tried moving the mouse and pressing keys but it didn't wake. I also tried Windows + Ctrl...
  8. My computer is running with a black screen and no sound

My computer is running with a black screen and no sound: This is the event:and there are some information before/after shutdown:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.The last shutdown's success status was false....
  9. My computer is running with a black screen and no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is running with a black screen and no sound: This is the event:and there are some information before/after shutdown:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.The last shutdown's success status was false....
  10. PC still on and running but black screens randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC still on and running but black screens randomly: Okay so this has been happening after my PC updated a couple days ago and i cant figure out why. So my PC randomly black screens with my PC still running but becomes completely unresponsive. Power button doesn't work and neither does the keyboard or mouse, the only way i can...