Windows 10: My PC gets stuck on the blue screen when it boots up and it says: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

Discus and support My PC gets stuck on the blue screen when it boots up and it says: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC gets stuck on the blue screen when it boots up and it says: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I have also tried to boot the pc with a stick but that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dario003, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Dario003 Win User

My PC gets stuck on the blue screen when it boots up and it says: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

My PC gets stuck on the blue screen when it boots up and it says: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I have also tried to boot the pc with a stick but that doesn't work either. What should I do now?

My PC gets stuck on the blue screen when it boots up and it says: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO 0_big.jpg

:)

Dario003, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Aimee880 Win User

Windows 10 Blue Screen Stop Error - Bad System Config Info

I have read and tried other posted solutions but am still stuck. Would be SO grateful for any further advice.

I cannot think what caused it but as of this morning, when I started my PC it booted to the blue screen with the stop error "Bad System Config Info". Some forums suggest using registry-altering programs such as CCleaner (which I do use regularly) could be
    the issue. Although I did not use it yesterday and it was working fine last night. Anyway...

Things I have tried:

• System repair. It just said it was unable to fix the problem
    • System restore. I got the error "you must enable system protection on this drive"
    • I ran system repair after checking SrtTrail.txt is says Root cause: Reigstry is corrupt. Repair action: Registry Roll Back.

I followed the instructions here for fixing windows registry. It seemed to do something but then it just booted
      back to the Blue Screen error. Now SrtTrail just says "Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determined the cause"
    I am unable to boot in safe mode (it just restarts to the blue screen) and am reluctant to reinstall for fear or losing files. I'm also trying to avoid having to take it in for repairs because of my financial situation. Please help!

Thanks

Aimee

Aimee880, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Bad system config info

This is a brand new laptop that I've only used a hand full of times. I keep getting a blue screen that says Bad System Config Info. And it says we will restart your computer. It tries to restart and then goes to the same blue screen. It just goes back
    and forth. I can't do anything.

JamieMcCarron, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

My PC gets stuck on the blue screen when it boots up and it says: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

Bad system config info

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error Bad System Config means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. It would be great, if you can help us with the details requested below:

• When do you get the error message?
    • Does the computer boot to the Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. My PC gets stuck on the blue screen when it boots up and it says: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO - Similar Threads - gets stuck blue

2. Blue screen error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: I am having a problem with my pc. On startup I get the blue screen that says BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I know before this happened the pc was regularly complaining that the c drive was running low on storage. The pc also has a d drive with plenty of storage. I have tried to do...
  3. Blue screen error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: I am having a problem with my pc. On startup I get the blue screen that says BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I know before this happened the pc was regularly complaining that the c drive was running low on storage. The pc also has a d drive with plenty of storage. I have tried to do...
  4. “BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO” on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO” on boot: When I boot up my Windows 10 PC, the error code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO comes up. Then the PC restarts by itself. Finally the options Restart and Advanced Options are available.I tried many methods throughout the internet, none worked. So I used another HDD with Windows 10 to...
  5. Blue screen, says BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO, cannot fix

Blue screen, says BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO, cannot fix: So I was on my computer and it randomly dropped a blue screen saying BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. So I hard shut down my PC, and auto-repair kicks in, but it says it can't fix my PC. I tried many things, command prompt using CHKDSK/R but it said that my drive was NTFS and it...
  6. Blue Screen of Death “Bad System Config Info”

Blue Screen of Death “Bad System Config Info”: Keep getting the BSOD, gives me the message “Bad System Config Info”. I’ve tried to enter safe mode to try to repair, as well as all of the other options restore from safe point, restart and resume windows, uninstall latest updates, etc. and it always comes up as an error...
  7. Blue screen BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

Blue screen BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: bagaimana cara atasi bluescreen ,cara yang diberikan di info sebelumnya telah dilakukan tetap tidak bisa, terimakasih https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-bad-system-config-info/de2e8a66-e53b-478d-9dd0-f11d17ef6716
  8. Blue Screen of Death BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

Blue Screen of Death BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi, We had a power outage 2 nights ago, power is back on but when i turn on the computer i get thus error straight up. Any Ideas on how to fix it?...
  9. Bad system config info Blue Screen of Death

Bad system config info Blue Screen of Death: I keep getting a “bad system config info” error on my screen. It’s a blue screen error. I tried doing a bcdedit delete value and the path is an error. How do I fix this? Please help me asap...
  10. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO (Blue Startup Screen)

BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO (Blue Startup Screen): Hi, I keep getting this blue screen, I have tried everything that I can think of but it just keeps looping back to this screen. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO Windows 10 home 64 Home PC Anyone here know what I can try? Thank you. [IMG]...