Windows 10: My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

Discus and support My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi this problem happens to me for some time.My pc suddenly goes into sleep mode while I am working or not.It happens occasionally.I have the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by soumyajitdey1, Dec 10, 2021.

1. My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

Hi this problem happens to me for some time.My pc suddenly goes into sleep mode while I am working or not.It happens occasionally.I have the power settings into go to sleep mode never from display settings. Nothing happens.Before I called a technician he said that the problem comes from graphics card. He have reset the graphics card then the problem was gone but today again it started.Please help. My pc config is windows 10 64 bit,corsair vengeance 16 gb ram,Nvidia gtx 1050 ti,intel i5 9th gen.

:)

soumyajitdey1, Dec 10, 2021

2. PC goes into sleep mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
    I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• What is your present user account profile type? (Microsoft account or local account)

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the PC and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

This issue may occur, due to some corruption or incorrect settings in your computer power settings.

As per your post, you say "but have set the "Turn off the display" to 30 minutes and the "Put the computer to sleep" to 30 minutes.", let's ensure to set these 2 settings to "never" to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to follow these methods below, to fix your issue:

Method 1:

Power troubleshooter:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep
    mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

1. Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter.

2. Select Troubleshooting. Click on view all and select Power.

3. Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, follow the method 2.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.
    Disclaimer: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan and customize the same according to your needs.

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Try to refer to the suggestions given by Eeshwar Kumar replied on October 26, 2015, to fix your issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...atically/046675ea-894b-44df-a425-63fe8d1bfeff

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 10, 2021
  3. ufoldager Win User
    PC goes into sleep mode

I am not entirely sure that this is an issue related to my power option choices, but my PC goes into sleep mode (I think) after having not actively used the PC for 10 consequtive minutes.

I have multiple screens (1 monitor, 1 TV). So when I set my PC to play a movie on my TV, the PC "thinks it's idle", so after having watched the movie for 10 minutes, my monitor goes into "Power Save" mode. This also affects my TV screen as it goes black
    like the monitor, which is why I think this can only be related to the Power Option choice.

I am using the Balanced setting right now, but have set the "Turn off the display" to 30 minutes and the "Put the computer to sleep" to 30 minutes.

Regardless of which Power Option I pick, the PC always goes into sleep mode after 10 minutes.

I simply cannot figure this problem out since no matter what I do, nothing changes the 10 minutes sleep mode effect.

Any help/advice here?

Thanks!

ufoldager, Dec 10, 2021
  4. My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 10, 2021
Thema:

My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

1. My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally - Similar Threads - goes sleep mode

2. My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting: So this night, there was a power cut at my house and my pc was active macro on a game and this morning, I woke up, restored the electricity and booted my pc but then the screen turned black and the power button was ticking that means on my pc that it’s in sleep mode I have a...
  3. My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting: So this night, there was a power cut at my house and my pc was active macro on a game and this morning, I woke up, restored the electricity and booted my pc but then the screen turned black and the power button was ticking that means on my pc that it’s in sleep mode I have a...
  4. My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally: My PC suddenly goes to sleep mode occasionally while I'm using it. I have set sleep mode as "never". I called a technician and he is saying it's a graphics card issue. I have reset my graphics card and it fixed the issue, just today it's happening again. Please help in using...
  6. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally: My PC suddenly goes to sleep mode occasionally while I'm using it. I have set sleep mode as "never". I called a technician and he is saying it's a graphics card issue. I have reset my graphics card and it fixed the issue, just today it's happening again. Please help in using...
  7. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

8. When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When going into sleep mode, PC switches off occasionally: This is an intermittent problem and only happens every few days. When it happens, the PC is not able to be turned on again via the front switch, I have to switch off the power supply so I can turn on the PC again via the front switch.I have updated BIOS, Video card driver and...
  9. My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally: Hi this problem happens to me for some time.My pc suddenly goes into sleep mode while I am working or not.It happens occasionally.I have the power settings into go to sleep mode never from display settings. Nothing happens.Before I called a technician he said that the problem...
  10. My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally: Hi this problem happens to me for some time.My pc suddenly goes into sleep mode while I am working or not.It happens occasionally.I have the power settings into go to sleep mode never from display settings. Nothing happens.Before I called a technician he said that the problem...