Windows 10: My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting

Discus and support My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So this night, there was a power cut at my house and my pc was active macro on a game and this morning, I woke up, restored the electricity and booted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacqueter, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Jacqueter Win User

My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting

So this night, there was a power cut at my house and my pc was active macro on a game and this morning, I woke up, restored the electricity and booted my pc but then the screen turned black and the power button was ticking that means on my pc that it’s in sleep mode I have a Lenovo ideapad gaming 3 15IHU6 that has an intel cpu, nvidia gpu, a nvme m.2 drive with 478gb, 16gb ram in dual channel and I’ve reinstalled windows recently.

:)

Jacqueter, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Wingo101 Win User

Is it safe to put your pc in sleep mode?

My pc goes to sleep after about 1 hour of idle time. Is it safe to put the pc in sleep mode?

Won't it decrease the lifetime of the gpu, cpu, etc. If they are turned off and on straight-away?

Wingo101, Jan 27, 2023
  3. PC turns on straight away after sleep mode is on

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you system is still on even if the sleep mode option is turned on. This might be due to the change in the power plan settings.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Type Power Options and then Enter.
    • In the left pane Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Select Restore default settings on this plan.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 27, 2023
  4. qubit Win User

Is it safe to put your pc in sleep mode?

It's not a good idea to turn a PC off and on rapidly and/or often, because thermal cycling stresses the components and can cause them to fail early - high performance graphics cards especially. It's all a bit of a grey area this, so if you're doing some testing that requires it, don't sweat over it too much. Disconnect the HD though, if possible.

When I don't use the PC, I always put it into sleep mode instead of shutting it down, because it starts up so much quicker. Because I use Vista, I get the advantage of hybrid sleep, which has the advantages of hybernation and sleep modes - if you unplug it from the mains while sleeping, it just boots up from hybernation instead. *Cool My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting :cool:

qubit, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

1. My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting - Similar Threads - goes straight sleep

2. Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen: Desktop goes into sleep mode on startup then into black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-goes-into-sleep-mode-then-straight-to/bfc394ff-7ede-431c-836f-dae538180d5c
  3. Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen: Desktop goes into sleep mode on startup then into black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-goes-into-sleep-mode-then-straight-to/bfc394ff-7ede-431c-836f-dae538180d5c
  4. My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting

My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting: So this night, there was a power cut at my house and my pc was active macro on a game and this morning, I woke up, restored the electricity and booted my pc but then the screen turned black and the power button was ticking that means on my pc that it’s in sleep mode I have a...
  5. My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc goes straight to sleep mode after booting: So this night, there was a power cut at my house and my pc was active macro on a game and this morning, I woke up, restored the electricity and booted my pc but then the screen turned black and the power button was ticking that means on my pc that it’s in sleep mode I have a...
  6. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally: My PC suddenly goes to sleep mode occasionally while I'm using it. I have set sleep mode as "never". I called a technician and he is saying it's a graphics card issue. I have reset my graphics card and it fixed the issue, just today it's happening again. Please help in using...
  7. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally: My PC suddenly goes to sleep mode occasionally while I'm using it. I have set sleep mode as "never". I called a technician and he is saying it's a graphics card issue. I have reset my graphics card and it fixed the issue, just today it's happening again. Please help in using...
  8. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

9. My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally: Hi this problem happens to me for some time.My pc suddenly goes into sleep mode while I am working or not.It happens occasionally.I have the power settings into go to sleep mode never from display settings. Nothing happens.Before I called a technician he said that the problem...
  10. My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally: Hi this problem happens to me for some time.My pc suddenly goes into sleep mode while I am working or not.It happens occasionally.I have the power settings into go to sleep mode never from display settings. Nothing happens.Before I called a technician he said that the problem...