Windows 10: MY PC GOES TO A PREVIOUS STATE ON EVERY REBOOT

Discus and support MY PC GOES TO A PREVIOUS STATE ON EVERY REBOOT in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my pc started acting slow once so i restarted it i didnt notice anything changed so i kept using it until the day after i realised a program i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ChainCake, Apr 30, 2021.

1. ChainCake Win User

MY PC GOES TO A PREVIOUS STATE ON EVERY REBOOT

my pc started acting slow once so i restarted it i didnt notice anything changed so i kept using it until the day after i realised a program i have installed the day before is gone, and my chrome search history is outdated so i uninstalled a random program and restarted my pc, the program is back, so i searched on the web and after the restart the search history is same as the last day and nothing has changed , also i'm having blue screen of death after i use my pc for like 30 mins+

:)

ChainCake, Apr 30, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Apr 30, 2021
  4. MY PC GOES TO A PREVIOUS STATE ON EVERY REBOOT

Printer is in error state - Windows 10 PC only

Hi,

I suggest to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixed the issue by following the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting using Cortana.
    • Under Control Panel Home select View all.
    • Click on Printer.
    • follow the on-screen instruction to run troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

MY PC GOES TO A PREVIOUS STATE ON EVERY REBOOT

1. MY PC GOES TO A PREVIOUS STATE ON EVERY REBOOT - Similar Threads - GOES PREVIOUS STATE

2. My changed mouse pointer goes back to default every time I reboot my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    My changed mouse pointer goes back to default every time I reboot my PC: Hello. I've been having this problem for quite some time now. I usually change the mouse pointer in every laptop or PC I have ever used and this has never happened before. The thing is, when I turn my laptop off then turn it back on again, the pointer goes back to default...
  3. My changed mouse pointer goes back to default every time I reboot my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My changed mouse pointer goes back to default every time I reboot my PC: Hello. I've been having this problem for quite some time now. I usually change the mouse pointer in every laptop or PC I have ever used and this has never happened before. The thing is, when I turn my laptop off then turn it back on again, the pointer goes back to default...
  4. My changed mouse pointer goes back to default every time I reboot my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC crashing and rebooting to previous state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing and rebooting to previous state: My computer has been crashing at random for about a week now, and when it reboots it restores the settings, programs, and files as they were before the first crash. It's made it impossible to reliably use. Everything will run fine for an indeterminate amount of time I'm...
  6. PC crashing and rebooting to previous state

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing and rebooting to previous state: My computer has been crashing at random for about a week now, and when it reboots it restores the settings, programs, and files as they were before the first crash. It's made it impossible to reliably use. Everything will run fine for an indeterminate amount of time I'm...
  7. PC crashing and rebooting to previous state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer end in unbootable state after every reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer end in unbootable state after every reboot: I had a perfectly working multimedia PC, which cost a lot of effort to put together. From one day another it didn't start anymore, asking for recovery. All recovery option failed, so i had no choice than to reinstall from scratch. As nothing else changed, I have only...
  9. Every reboot goes into Advanced Startup, why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Every reboot goes into Advanced Startup, why?: While most people are wanting to figure out how to get into the advanced startup menu[1] I have a different issue. Every time I reboot, it always goes to this, requiring me to choose "Continue to Windows 10" and reboot a _second_ time. I use VeraCrypt for full disk...
  10. Windows 10 reverts back to a previous state on EVERY reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reverts back to a previous state on EVERY reboot: New to the forum so hello all. A few days ago my Pc started to act slow and slugging so i restarted it a couple of times and on the 3rd reboot it started a disc check. Once it finished it worked flawlessly BUT it had reverted to a previously unknown restore point. Ok i...