Windows 10: My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?

Discus and support My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by es-460, Feb 25, 2023.

1. es-460 Win User

My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?

:)

es-460, Feb 25, 2023
  2. Eric Ber Win User

PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Feb 25, 2023
  3. PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hello

I have Dell core i5(7th generation). I am using windows 10. My system goes to sleep automatically sometimes. I have increased sleep set time but still I doesn't work. I usually happens while playing video game on my laptop. The game keep on running but system
    goes to sleep and I continues when I log in again.

Please suggest any solution for this problem.

Thank You.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

HamzaMinhas1, Feb 25, 2023
  4. My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?

PC goes to sleep after a few minutes

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below to change your system's sleep settings.

1. Go to Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Change your desired sleep timing in this Tab.

2. Now, click on Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings >Change Advanced Power Settings.

3. Expand Sleep and give the appropriate time.

If this doesn't help, I would suggest you run the built-in troubleshooter:

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Power. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 25, 2023
Thema:

1. My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why? - Similar Threads - goes sleep working

2. Why my pc keeps randomly goes into sleep mode when i use a usb keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my pc keeps randomly goes into sleep mode when i use a usb keyboard?: Hey! thanks for checking.I'm kinda new to this community, but i've been using microsoft since 4 years.So I just got a new pc and everything working fine except when I plug in the keyboard usb, it keeps randomly goes to sleep mode, sometimes it open an app like groove music or...
  3. Why my pc keeps randomly goes into sleep mode when i use a usb keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why my pc keeps randomly goes into sleep mode when i use a usb keyboard?: Hey! thanks for checking.I'm kinda new to this community, but i've been using microsoft since 4 years.So I just got a new pc and everything working fine except when I plug in the keyboard usb, it keeps randomly goes to sleep mode, sometimes it open an app like groove music or...
  4. My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?

My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?: My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-goes-to-sleep-when-i-am-working-on-it-why/9b1f3f92-b7c9-4f1c-ae78-d7deade3622f
  5. My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why?: My PC goes to sleep when I am working on it. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-goes-to-sleep-when-i-am-working-on-it-why/9b1f3f92-b7c9-4f1c-ae78-d7deade3622f
  6. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?: Since I installed Windows 11 when my PC goes to sleep, all applications are closed and when I turn PC on, it starts from zero so all documents need to be recovered.There are cases in which sleep mode works fine but those are kind of exceptions. I don´t know what to do to...
  7. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?: Since I installed Windows 11 when my PC goes to sleep, all applications are closed and when I turn PC on, it starts from zero so all documents need to be recovered.There are cases in which sleep mode works fine but those are kind of exceptions. I don´t know what to do to...
  8. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I lock my PC my pressing Windows key+L PC locks and goes to login screen but my monitor goes to sleep less than 1 minuter. Is there any option to extend time for sleep? Help!...
  9. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I lock my PC my pressing Windows key+L PC locks and goes to login screen but my monitor goes to sleep less than 1 minuter. Is there any option to extend time for sleep? Help!...
  10. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!