Windows 10: My pc got slower but CPU usage is low

Discus and support My pc got slower but CPU usage is low in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently formatted my pc and didn't install many programs, only the ones i already used, but suddenly everything got slower. It becomes slower after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yigitalpcedar, Aug 20, 2020.

1. My pc got slower but CPU usage is low

I recently formatted my pc and didn't install many programs, only the ones i already used, but suddenly everything got slower. It becomes slower after boot but boot speed didn't change and the programs automatically opens with boot are the same so i dont think its about too many programs runnig in backround. Even right now while im writing it freezes sometimes, windows explorer is slow, file transfer is slow, when open new tabs or close them it freeses, even task manager is opening slowly and closing slowly. I didn't download anything new so virus is not a possibility. I have no idea what is happening.

:)

yigitalpcedar, Aug 20, 2020
  2. ChrisDima Win User

CPU and Memory usage

Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for quite some while and it was fanrtastic, but my PC started to get slower and slower every day. I decided to check Task Manager and I saw that the CPU usage was at 100% and the Memory usage was at 80%. I did a quick
    clean to my components using a can of compressed air and booted it up again, but nothing has changed. Please help

ChrisDima, Aug 20, 2020
  3. How fix 4-times-higher CPU usage at idle?

Yes, I have noticed negative effects on my PC's performance:

-Browsing is slower when I open multiple tabs rapidly. I do this a lot (I research multiple links in online articles).

-My PC gets much hotter, and stays hot--so much hotter that I have to turn it off.

After the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the 39% CPU usage screen shot of my Process Manager was when I was doing nothing--no browsing, word processing, etc. Before I took the screen shots, I closed all application programs. My machine was leveled out, as you better describe it (the screen shots were taken 5 minutes after my PC first leveled out). My PC is 39% CPU usage when leveled out; never lower.

Before the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, my PC was 10% CPU usage when it leveled out. And it stayed there.

1 other PC we have with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (same model as my PC) *HAS* the 39%-CPU-usage-at-idle problem.

2 other PCs we have with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (different brands) DO *NOT* HAVE the 39%-CPU-usage-at-idle problem. They have only 10% CPU usage at idle.

[NOTE I've no software to my PC after the Anniversary Update. My programs, etc. the are same as before.]

Any ideas on what to do to fix my high CPU usage?:
    -use Process Explorer? (how do I use it in this case?)
    -reinstall hardware drivers? (which ones?)
    -suspend certain services? (which ones?)

I've seen comments suggesting each of the above ideas. I need step-by-step instructions (ideally screen shots) for Process Explorer. For drivers & services, which do I try?

Any ideas on the above possible fixes OR better fixes for my high-CPU-at-idle problem? I'd really appreciate them

FuturePerfect, Aug 20, 2020
  4. My pc got slower but CPU usage is low

Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with
    my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking.

Solutions I've tried:

1. turning off audio enhancements
    2. reinstalling lan, and audio drivers
    3. turning off HPET
    4. lowering the sound quality in control panel
    5. DPC Latency checker (no change when spiking)
    None of these solutions work. Please help.

samielamin, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

My pc got slower but CPU usage is low

1. My pc got slower but CPU usage is low - Similar Threads - got slower CPU

2. CPU usage Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage Low: My laptop suddenly so laggy, when I check out the task manager I realized the CPU usage is so low, what should I do? I already tried to edit in power plan but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-low/04f852c0-a5b4-46e8-8a72-d49b37b8a220
  3. CPU usage Low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage Low: My laptop suddenly so laggy, when I check out the task manager I realized the CPU usage is so low, what should I do? I already tried to edit in power plan but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-low/04f852c0-a5b4-46e8-8a72-d49b37b8a220
  4. Sudden Low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Low cpu usage.: Hey I used to play on my laptop with no stutters before I reset it because I wanted to have more performance so I watched a yt video and it said go to battery powerplan and use the high performance mode. After enabling high performance my games started to stutter. I play...
  5. Sudden Low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Low cpu usage.: Hey I used to play on my laptop with no stutters before I reset it because I wanted to have more performance so I watched a yt video and it said go to battery powerplan and use the high performance mode. After enabling high performance my games started to stutter. I play...
  6. Low FPS/CPU usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS/CPU usage?: Low FPS? Hey there! (I'm not sure if this is the right subreddit) I noticed that when playing games such as Valorant and League of Legends, my frame rates in game, which were previously 150, are now 60. In addition, while running these games, my computer is really slow and...
  7. Low CPU usage issues

Low CPU usage issues: I only recently started paying attention to this when I laid down over 3k on this new PC I built earlier this year. I play high end games and do 3D Modeling with pretty large scenes. I have noticed that when I'm playing a game with modern graphics like Control/Horizon Zero...
  8. My pc got slower but CPU usage is low

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc got slower but CPU usage is low: I recently formatted my pc and didn't install many programs, only the ones i already used, but suddenly everything got slower. It becomes slower after boot but boot speed didn't change and the programs automatically opens with boot are the same so i dont think its about too...
  9. High CPU and low GPU usage

High CPU and low GPU usage: Hey guys I recently bought my laptop Acer nitro 5 And I have a ryzen 3550h mobile cpu and a gtx 1650 GPU .....and whatever game I play on uses 100% of cpu and 20 -50 % GPU ....and I get less frames as well ...plz help me on this submitted by /u/babadhiven [link]...
  10. Help needed with Low CPU usage and Low FPS

Help needed with Low CPU usage and Low FPS: Since the last week i started getting low fps in ALL games all of a sudden and i tracked the culprit to be my CPU's low utilization which for some reason is now very low despite it working completely fine past week.I have tried reinstalling windows 10, it worked fine for a...