Windows 10: My PC has a slower connection than all of my other devices

Discus and support My PC has a slower connection than all of my other devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC is connected via ethernet and gets a maximum of 20mbps. All my other devices get 130mbps or more. I've tried plugging the cable into my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DankM00se, Sep 25, 2019.

1. DankM00se Win User

My PC has a slower connection than all of my other devices

My PC is connected via ethernet and gets a maximum of 20mbps. All my other devices get 130mbps or more. I've tried plugging the cable into my laptop and it gets 130mpbs so it's not my cable or modem that is the problem. It's my PC. Something on my OS is preventing me from having maximum internet connection speed. I ran a network adapter troubleshooter and it said my PC is configured properly but can't connect to DNS properly, or something along those lines. I downloaded the LAN driver from ASUS's website and I don't think it did anything. I would appreciate help on this

:)

DankM00se, Sep 25, 2019

2. No sound as PC is connected to a bluetooth device.

Hi Samuel,

As per your description, I understand that there is no sound in your PC as it shows that it is currently connected to a Bluetooth device which you do not recognize.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Have you connected your PC to Bluetooth speakers?

2. Do you recognize the device that is connected to your PC?

3. Does the Bluetooth device display under Control Panel > Devices and Printers?

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if you will be able to remove the device in question.

To remove the device from your PC, follow the steps below

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Your reply is very important to ensure that we provide the appropriate resolution. Do provide the above information so that we can proceed further.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 25, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. My PC has a slower connection than all of my other devices - Similar Threads - has slower connection

2. My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.: Whenever I run a speed test I get around 50-70 Mbps on my PC while everything else is on around 140-150, I have tried every troubleshooting method provided by Microsoft from cmd prompt commands, installing my drivers, updating them, disabling firewalls, moving my PC and...
  3. My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.: Whenever I run a speed test I get around 50-70 Mbps on my PC while everything else is on around 140-150, I have tried every troubleshooting method provided by Microsoft from cmd prompt commands, installing my drivers, updating them, disabling firewalls, moving my PC and...
  4. My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  6. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  7. PC is much slower than other devices on the same network

PC is much slower than other devices on the same network: My house recently got fiber optics, and most devices are now able to download at between 200Mbps and 700Mbps. My PC is only downloading at between 25 and 45Mbps. I'm running on a fully updated Windows 11. I've tried uninstalling my wi-fi driver, reinstalling Windows,...
  8. PC is much slower than other devices on the same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is much slower than other devices on the same network: My house recently got fiber optics, and most devices are now able to download at between 200Mbps and 700Mbps. My PC is only downloading at between 25 and 45Mbps. I'm running on a fully updated Windows 11. I've tried uninstalling my wi-fi driver, reinstalling Windows,...
  9. [Solved] Internet is slower on my pc than any other device in the house.

[Solved] Internet is slower on my pc than any other device in the house.: Before we got a new router, my pc got around 20-25 mbps depending on usage, but with the new one, its only getting 4-6 mbps. All the other devices are on Wi-Fi and get around 20-30 mbps now. Im using ethernet. Cant be a virus because i reset my pc a bit after this started....
  10. Internet is slower on my pc than any other device in the house.

Internet is slower on my pc than any other device in the house.: Before we got a new router, my pc got around 20-25 mbps depending on usage, but with the new one, its only getting 4-6 mbps. All the other devices are on Wi-Fi and get around 20-30 mbps now. Im using ethernet. Cant be a virus because i reset my pc a bit after this started....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 internet slower than other devices

2. why is my pcs internet slower than other devices

3. my system is slower than others on same network

4. why is one device speed slower than others 2020 windows 10,
  5. why is my home pc interent connection slower then other devices