Windows 10: My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these?

Discus and support My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardVN, Aug 18, 2019.

1. RichardVN Win User

My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these?

My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these?

:)

RichardVN, Aug 18, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 18, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 18, 2019
  4. gabbydgar Win User

Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these? - Similar Threads - has automatically updated

2. How do I now restore the files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I now restore the files?: I backed up my files on a disc. Now I need to know how to restore the files? I am using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-now-restore-the-files/0f093fa3-3be3-4fec-8d58-ba2c5b8b9d18
  3. Have i lost a game? How do i download it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have i lost a game? How do i download it?: I recently redeemed a code for a game meant for Windows 10 and i am trying to install it on PC. However, I redeemed it on an icloud email account and i did it on the website. I press 'Install/Play' and it takes me to the app and its an outlook account. I thought it would be...
  4. Do I or do I not have Reserved Storage on my PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I or do I not have Reserved Storage on my PC?: Although I have not yet received the May update for my small storage Tablet PC I have for a few weeks believed that Reserve Storage had already been installed, unannounced. This is because I suddenly lost about 7 BG of my limited free storage, leaving me with only about 3 GB...
  5. How do I restore tabs that were lost? I already restarted PC.

How do I restore tabs that were lost? I already restarted PC.: How do I restore tabs that were lost? I already restarted PC. * Moved from IE10/other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-tabs-that-were-lost-i-already/0f9b01cb-b3f5-4579-a57e-6729f4f6f753
  6. How do I add folders to This PC folder

How do I add folders to This PC folder: I would like to add a couple of folders to the This PC folder in Windows 10. How can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-folders-to-this-pc-folder/0f13018a-1689-4b17-b074-3863281c1be1"
  7. How do I restore my very small icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I restore my very small icons?: I've had very small icons for years. I don't know when or how I got them. But a week or so ago an upgrade automatically changed my desktop icons to a much larger size, which messed up the desktop badly. I can do a rightclick on the desktop and select View and Small Icons...
  8. I just cleared files and now my PC has no accounts on it. How do I get into it again?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I just cleared files and now my PC has no accounts on it. How do I get into it again?: There were two options and it said what would be best if you wanted to keep it so I clicked that one but now I can't get into my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-cleared-files-and-now-my-pc-has-no-accounts/90db7198-2546-41ab-a48f-6e51d66cb4ad
  9. I put my "THIS PC" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo?

in Windows 10 Support
    I put my "THIS PC" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo?: I put my "THIS PC" folder and my "OneDrive" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo? 103327
  10. How do I restore missing taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I restore missing taskbar icons?: Hi Several taskbar icons have disappeared. First it was volume, then power, then internet connection. Managed to get the internet connection icon back. [img] [img] [img] Any advice would be gratefully received. 94544