Windows 10: My PC has been BSOD for about a month now

Discus and support My PC has been BSOD for about a month now in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC keeps on BSOD and its always because of ntoskrnl.exe and Wdf01000.sys. I only blue screen when I am playing games. I have factory reset my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OwenHill_797, Nov 21, 2019.

1. My PC has been BSOD for about a month now

OwenHill_797, Nov 21, 2019
  2. LeoBloom Win User

BSOD at least twice a month - uncertain cause

I have run driver verifier with the below settings for >48 hours. There have been no BSOD. Please advise on next steps
    • I/O verification
    • Force pending I/O requests
    • IRP logging

LeoBloom, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 21, 2019
  4. alexsubri Win User

My PC has been BSOD for about a month now

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    My PC has been BSOD for about a month now [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

My PC has been BSOD for about a month now

1. My PC has been BSOD for about a month now - Similar Threads - has been BSOD

2. Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I tried searching on google and it says that it might be a hardware related issue. So i tried changing my old hardwares like the GPU, PSU, RAM and even the Motherboard but still the...
  3. Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I tried searching on google and it says that it might be a hardware related issue. So i tried changing my old hardwares like the GPU, PSU, RAM and even the Motherboard but still the...
  4. Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.: Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I tried searching on google and it says that it might be a hardware related issue. So i tried changing my old hardwares like the GPU, PSU, RAM repasted the thermal paste and even...
  6. Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.: Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I tried searching on google and it says that it might be a hardware related issue. So i tried changing my old hardwares like the GPU, PSU, RAM repasted the thermal paste and even...
  7. Hi my pc has been having a BSOD for months now it's error code is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My Pc has been crashing for about a month because of this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc has been crashing for about a month because of this: For the past 2 months i recently run into a problem where my pc will randomly freeze and ether black screen or just restart the error causing this is The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_046D&PID_0AAA&MI_03&Col02\8&5713897&0&0001. and i have no idea...
  9. My Pc has been crashing for about a month because of this

My Pc has been crashing for about a month because of this: For the past 2 months i recently run into a problem where my pc will randomly freeze and ether black screen or just restart the error causing this is The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_046D&PID_0AAA&MI_03&Col02\8&5713897&0&0001. and i have no idea...
  10. My Pc has been crashing for about a month because of this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware