Windows 10: My PC has been having random startups.

Discus and support My PC has been having random startups. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It started a couple weeks ago after an update. I will be playing card games or working and it just stops and reboots. The error message I get on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidStone5, Dec 12, 2018.

1. My PC has been having random startups.

It started a couple weeks ago after an update. I will be playing card games or working and it just stops and reboots.

The error message I get on the blue screen of death says: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED;;;FAILED; NDIS.SYS

and then the computer restarts. I've had my PC bench tested for defective devices, all good, I was on the chat remotely with microdoft support for 2 hours last night, they ran all kind of trouble shooting and diagnostic test and found nothing wrong.

I have been reading through Microsoft Community Post today and there are hundreds of people having the same problem I am having, which means it is a Microsoft glitch! how about someone comes up with a FIX real soon.

I am so aggravated.

I sure would appreciate it if someone from Microsoft could fix this Microsoft Windows 10 Problem!

:)

DavidStone5, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 12, 2018
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Dec 12, 2018
  4. My PC has been having random startups.

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

My PC has been having random startups.

1. My PC has been having random startups. - Similar Threads - has been having

2. Pc has been randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc has been randomly crashing: Just installed a used Gigabyte 8GB OC edition 3070ti GDDR6, along with a 80+ White 700w Power supply. And ever since the replacement parts were installed I have been having issues with both monitors shutting off while my pc has lights and fans on and I still receive audio...
  3. Pc has been randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc has been randomly crashing: Just installed a used Gigabyte 8GB OC edition 3070ti GDDR6, along with a 80+ White 700w Power supply. And ever since the replacement parts were installed I have been having issues with both monitors shutting off while my pc has lights and fans on and I still receive audio...
  4. Pc has been randomly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My pc has been saying this in startup repair and it failed and has this text?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc has been saying this in startup repair and it failed and has this text?: C:/windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srtTrail.txt. I also get black screens after startup, as that's why I tried startup repair even if I try to restart to change startup up behavior like safe mode it has black screen. Pls give me advice to help...
  6. My pc has been saying this in startup repair and it failed and has this text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc has been saying this in startup repair and it failed and has this text?: C:/windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srtTrail.txt. I also get black screens after startup, as that's why I tried startup repair even if I try to restart to change startup up behavior like safe mode it has black screen. Pls give me advice to help...
  7. My pc has been saying this in startup repair and it failed and has this text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My computer has been randomly restarting.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer has been randomly restarting.: Recently, my computer has randomly been restarting. I know it's not an issue of an update restart without asking me if I can restart at that time because whenever I do have a restart update, it asks me and when it randomly restarts it doesn't even show "Restarting...", it...
  9. My computer has been randomly restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been randomly restarting.: Recently, my computer has randomly been restarting. I know it's not an issue of an update restart without asking me if I can restart at that time because whenever I do have a restart update, it asks me and when it randomly restarts it doesn't even show "Restarting...", it...
  10. Realtek has randomly been removed from my pc and i no longer have sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek has randomly been removed from my pc and i no longer have sound.: I have tried reinstalling the drivers and reinstalling windows and many other possibilities but nothing has worked. In the device manager under system devices there is a yellow warning light under High definition Audio Controller. I need to get realtek back for my headset and...