Windows 10: My PC has been infected and I have .geno Extensions

Discus and support My PC has been infected and I have .geno Extensions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi My computer is infected with ransomware maybe STOP Djvu which add .geno extension on files also when I tried decrypt with and faced to No key... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nematim, Sep 30, 2020.

1. nematim Win User

My PC has been infected and I have .geno Extensions

Hi

My computer is infected with ransomware maybe STOP Djvu which add .geno extension on files also when I tried decrypt with and faced to

No key for New Variant online ID: XnTMozDeL2t2VhnzfEbThVXji9M5CBk81z7TQv3y

Notice: this ID appears to be an online ID, decryption is impossible

so please help me in this case

[Original Title: .geno]

:)

nematim, Sep 30, 2020
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Sep 30, 2020
  3. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Newegg appears to be infected with some kind of social engineering hack

I'm going to be straight with you RTB I think your browser is infected and you should look in your programs list and in firefox for default search engine/extension tampering.

Solaris17, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. My PC has been infected and I have .geno Extensions - Similar Threads - has been infected

2. My system has been infected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My system has been infected: Hi guys,My system does not open most of my files, and it has a .pahd extension. Pls what might be the possible cause and how do I fix it.I have important files and apps!! And I don't wanna loose them.Thanks in advance...
  3. I have been infected with Ransomware

I have been infected with Ransomware: My whole computer files are affected and encrypted by .enfp virus due to which I lost my control all over my files, pls suggest any way to decrypt my files as the virus is demanding 980$ for per file decryption key. [Original Title: Virus]...
  4. I have been infected with Ransomwares

I have been infected with Ransomwares: I recently discovered I have been om the receiving end of ransomware. The format of pretty much every file on my pc has been changed to "eking". I normally wouldn't worry to much about this. I mean. What are you gonna do? The internet is rampant with hackers. Unfortunately....
  5. I have been infected with Ransomware

I have been infected with Ransomware: Someone hack into my computer and encrypt my files he wants money to decrypt them please help[IMG] [Original Title: Hacker] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-been-infected-with-ransomware/1fd2df8c-aa0c-4072-8bed-adae08960e75
  6. I have been infected with Malware .nile extension

I have been infected with Malware .nile extension: hi sir my system is showing all file in .nile format include my external hdd also. i cant open file please help [Original Title: virus]...
  7. I Have been Infected with Ransomware - .LEZP extension.

I Have been Infected with Ransomware - .LEZP extension.: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  8. I have been Infected with Ransomware - .LEZP extension

I have been Infected with Ransomware - .LEZP extension: Hi. We are a Windows 7 user. Today I was attacked by a cyber attack and my computer was hacked. And all my files have the LEZP extension. Please help me to fix this problem. [Original Title: CYBER ATTACK]...
  9. I have been infected

I have been infected: Well where do I begin I'll start with the apple iPhone xr software 12.4-1 that's been all over the news all over social media about it having a bug? Well that was after a half a dozen ppl downloaded the software on to there phones. In which it caused me to get Hacked. My...
  10. I have been infected with Trojan

I have been infected with Trojan: Hi, I’m running Windows 7 Basic on my Netbook laptop. The taskeng.exe window kept randomly appearing so I ran a few different virus scanners and Malwarebytes found this: Trojan.MalPack, C:\USERS\VINCE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\VETHFFSS\ERDCJHUI.EXE and...