Windows 10: My PC has been resetting for 2 day.

Discus and support My PC has been resetting for 2 day. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC has been resetting for 2 days. I chose the remove every file option. The screen has been just black and it keeps on restarting the pc.turning pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sylpherish., Oct 22, 2021.

1. My PC has been resetting for 2 day.

My PC has been resetting for 2 days. I chose the remove every file option. The screen has been just black and it keeps on restarting the pc.turning pc on is this normal? If not, could you all give me some tips or tricks?

:)

Sylpherish., Oct 22, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 22, 2021
  3. SkogginsK Win User
    Parental Controls: Child PC Screen Time limits reset to "Max Scheduled" & allowed window resets to 24 hours/day

HI thanks for this suggestion. Sadly, I found that one a few months ago. Tried it at the time and it didn't work either My PC has been resetting for 2 day. :(

To answer your other question about access to my son's PC:

• For the test you suggested above (the 15 minutes etc.) I was away from the PC and he was using it. So it's possible he's somehow resetting the limits, BUT ..
    • A few days ago I sat at his PC and did the following test:
      • Logged into his account - checked and no limits
      • Switched to my account, set the limits there
      • Switched to his account - checked and limits working
      • Switched to my account, and after about 10-15 minutes the limits had reset
      • Switched to his account - no limits
      • The whole time I was at the PC and he was nearby but not at the PC so couldn't have adjusted the limits

SkogginsK, Oct 22, 2021
  4. My PC has been resetting for 2 day.

I THINK MY PC RESET IS FROZEN?

Hello,

To help you resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the instructions below:

Power cycle your device. Here are the steps:

• Force shutdown your computer by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 to 10 seconds.
    • Remove all the attached cables for 2 minutes then put them back on.
    If the same thing happens, we suggest that you perform the reset again.

Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

My PC has been resetting for 2 day.

1. My PC has been resetting for 2 day. - Similar Threads - has been resetting

2. Nothing has been working on my pc for the past 2 days? I haven't installed anything in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing has been working on my pc for the past 2 days? I haven't installed anything in...: This all started on Friday for us EST people when nothing would work on my pc. Well let me go further, apps would open and such. Say Valorant as an example. I would load up Valorant and it would take around 5-6 minutes for it to boot up. Once it did boot up it just crashed....
  3. Nothing has been working on my pc for the past 2 days? I haven't installed anything in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing has been working on my pc for the past 2 days? I haven't installed anything in...: This all started on Friday for us EST people when nothing would work on my pc. Well let me go further, apps would open and such. Say Valorant as an example. I would load up Valorant and it would take around 5-6 minutes for it to boot up. Once it did boot up it just crashed....
  4. PC been resetting for over a day, stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC been resetting for over a day, stuck at 99%: Hello,Yesterday I chose to reset my computer, I successfully reset it but realised that I didn't wipe my D: drive, so I started another reset. I chose the longer option that completely wipes the hard drive rather than just clearing the files.There was ~700GB worth of files on...
  5. PC been resetting for over a day, stuck at 99%

PC been resetting for over a day, stuck at 99%: Hello,Yesterday I chose to reset my computer, I successfully reset it but realised that I didn't wipe my D: drive, so I started another reset. I chose the longer option that completely wipes the hard drive rather than just clearing the files.There was ~700GB worth of files on...
  6. PC been resetting for over a day, stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My PC has been resetting for 2 day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been resetting for 2 day.: My PC has been resetting for 2 days. I chose the remove every file option. The screen has been just black and it keeps on restarting the pc.turning pc on is this normal? If not, could you all give me some tips or tricks?...
  8. My PC has been resetting for 2 day.

My PC has been resetting for 2 day.: My PC has been resetting for 2 days. I chose the remove every file option. The screen has been just black and it keeps on restarting the pc.turning pc on is this normal? If not, could you all give me some tips or tricks?...
  9. I Reset My PC And Now The Windows Installation Has Been On 88% For Four Days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Reset My PC And Now The Windows Installation Has Been On 88% For Four Days: Recently, I reset my PC because it was becoming really slow, it's installation status has been on 88% for four days, and I am unsure of what to do. What should I do next? I have not switched it off because its no recommended but what other option do I have??...
  10. Been resetting my PC for almost a full day now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Been resetting my PC for almost a full day now: Good day, everyone. I decided to reset my PC just around yesterday, and I was able to hit 99% after about 2-3 hours. Since then, it has been stuck at 99%. I’ve been waiting for about 16 hours now, and still nothing. What should I do at this point? Thanks. submitted by...