Windows 10: My PC has crashed ie a previous Windows 11 problem has recurred and the Automatic repair...

Discus and support My PC has crashed ie a previous Windows 11 problem has recurred and the Automatic repair... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can anyone advise as the seller helped by reinstalling Windows 11 when it was under warranty and has advised go to local tech - they have quoted £350... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GaryPickford, Feb 29, 2024.

1. My PC has crashed ie a previous Windows 11 problem has recurred and the Automatic repair...

Can anyone advise as the seller helped by reinstalling Windows 11 when it was under warranty and has advised go to local tech - they have quoted £350 to retrieve folders and repair!!

:)

GaryPickford, Feb 29, 2024

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Feb 29, 2024
  3. HELP! Windows 10 automatic repair couldn't repair PC. Details below

Hi Matthew,

As you are facing issue withAutomatic Repair, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• I tried system restore” What is the error exact error message you received?

If automatic repair fails, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advanced Options. Follow the steps:

Since you have done most of the troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to try repairing the Boot Configuration Data through the command prompt by following the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Remon Ont Win User

My PC has crashed ie a previous Windows 11 problem has recurred and the Automatic repair...

Windows10 Automatic Repair

Hi,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files that are not letting the operating system to perform repair and boot to the desktop.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you tried booting in
      Safe Mode
      ? If not, we suggest that you try it. Check this article for information.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? We need to know it for us to know what other troubleshooting steps to give.

You can check the troubleshooting steps provided by Deepika Gowda on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

My PC has crashed ie a previous Windows 11 problem has recurred and the Automatic repair...

1. My PC has crashed ie a previous Windows 11 problem has recurred and the Automatic repair... - Similar Threads - has crashed previous

2. My PC has crashed ie a previous Windows 11 problem has recurred and the Automatic repair...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has crashed ie a previous Windows 11 problem has recurred and the Automatic repair...: Can anyone advise as the seller helped by reinstalling Windows 11 when it was under warranty and has advised go to local tech - they have quoted £350 to retrieve folders and repair!!...
  3. My Pc has crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc has crashed: It turned blue screen suddenly and Here is the dmp filehttps://file.io/srXvKoY7Ifh6[ *** Moved to English Community by Microsoft Moderator *** ] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-crashed/66682eb0-5390-44e3-982e-5dd7569ff0cf
  4. My pc Ran into problem automatic Repair

My pc Ran into problem automatic Repair: My pc Ran into problem..,when i turned on my desktop it shows preparing automatic Repair and shows troubleshooting screen and i tried to fix but it didnot work, i also reinstall windows but still showing same error. please help me to fix it....
  5. IE has hijacked my page

IE has hijacked my page: Since the last windows 10 upgrade I can no longer click on a link in an e-mail and have it open in my preferred browser, Edge. It tries to open in IE which I deleted. I changed my default to Firefox but the links still won't open. Why is this happening and how do I fix it....
  6. IE 11 has disappeared from Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE 11 has disappeared from Win 10: I have read many of the suggestions out there, but none have worked. It just doesn't appear anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/ie-11-has-disappeared-from-win-10/f24ee2d7-f16d-4e30-a39a-49c89af83680
  7. IE 11 has been hijacked

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 has been hijacked: I have recently upgraded to window 10 and with it came IE 11 and Edge. I prefer to use IE 11 over the current version of Edge. When I start IE 11 from the task bar even though the home page is designated to be www.Bing.com I end up on a My-Search page with an annoying message...
  8. Outlook.com has problems with IE and now Edge!

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.com has problems with IE and now Edge!: A month or two ago Outlook.com starting giving me a "Sign Up or Sign In" screen when I tried to access it via the Favorites Bar from IE. This had be working just fine for months/years. The Page address I get now is: Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email I thought...
  9. IE 11 has memory issues!

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 has memory issues!: IE 11 appears to have severe memory issues, not releasing it after viewing a youtube clip and then closing the tab lol [img] 14013
  10. IE 11 crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 crashing: Getting pretty regular "IE has stopped working........" The only data I have is what's in the Event Viewer log. Tried to give MS feedback but when I do what they say, "Type Windows Feedback in the Search....", it just takes me to a Google Search for, "Windows Feedback"....