Windows 10: My pc has frequent BSOD and I can't find the casue.

Discus and support My pc has frequent BSOD and I can't find the casue. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past month my pc has experienced random BSOD that occur no matter what I am doing (gaming, streaming tv). The pc is about 4 months old and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharlesTS, Nov 10, 2019.

1. CharlesTS Win User

My pc has frequent BSOD and I can't find the casue.

For the past month my pc has experienced random BSOD that occur no matter what I am doing (gaming, streaming tv). The pc is about 4 months old and this issue has seemingly came out of nowhere. I have received stop codes such as:

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER (most frequent code)

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

APC INDEX MISMATCH

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed: win32kbase.sys

I have made sure that my drivers are up to date.

I have made sure that Windows has the latest update.

I have performed a memory test that reported no errors with my memory.

When all of that did not work, I performed a clean install of Windows but that did not solve the issue either. I am now at a loss for what could be causing all the BSOD.

Here is a link for the minidump files since I performed the clean Windows install: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AppH9QoD4_JuluQhg1m6VflxP7ebEQ?e=wmfuIN

Please let me know if any additional info is required.

Thanks

:)

CharlesTS, Nov 10, 2019
  2. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

BSOD Nathan items 2-23-2018

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

1. My pc has frequent BSOD and I can't find the casue. - Similar Threads - has frequent BSOD

2. New PC is having frequent BSOD's and I can't find the root of the problem. Verifier...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC is having frequent BSOD's and I can't find the root of the problem. Verifier...: Hi, I built a new computer about a week ago and have been having almost daily BSOD's all with different bug check codes. I've checked event viewer and cannot figure out what is causing it. I ran verifier and on reboot I got a BSOD before I could get to the logon screen.OS:...
  3. New PC is having frequent BSOD's and I can't find the root of the problem. Verifier...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC is having frequent BSOD's and I can't find the root of the problem. Verifier...: Hi, I built a new computer about a week ago and have been having almost daily BSOD's all with different bug check codes. I've checked event viewer and cannot figure out what is causing it. I ran verifier and on reboot I got a BSOD before I could get to the logon screen.OS:...
  4. BSOD BAD_OBJECT_HEADER casued by win32kbase.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD BAD_OBJECT_HEADER casued by win32kbase.sys: Hii! So I got 2 BSOD one yesterday and one today casued by win32kbase.sys, and hope you can help. BSOD dump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-badobjectheader-casued-by-win32kbasesys/f04ffef3-3b9f-45d3-8888-20b8372cd1e8
  5. BSOD BAD_OBJECT_HEADER casued by win32kbase.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD BAD_OBJECT_HEADER casued by win32kbase.sys: Hii! So I got 2 BSOD one yesterday and one today casued by win32kbase.sys, and hope you can help. BSOD dump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-badobjectheader-casued-by-win32kbasesys/f04ffef3-3b9f-45d3-8888-20b8372cd1e8
  6. BSOD BAD_OBJECT_HEADER casued by win32kbase.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. MY PC is showing BSOD Frequently

MY PC is showing BSOD Frequently: MY PC is showing BSOD please help...Here are the minidump files - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q4213mpA1uormFIfz_vUUYIgrX1NejUw/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-showing-bsod-frequently/941fb736-87bd-4abb-9470-8f4839ccdbf5
  8. Windows has frequent BSOD

Windows has frequent BSOD: Hello everyone, i need help with windows BSODs. I keep having a BSOD every other day and its bugging me out. The messages are also different every time, sometimes its a bad pool request, sometimes a bad pool header, sometimes its memory management. They are all pretty vague...
  9. My PC is frequently showing BSOD

My PC is frequently showing BSOD: My PC is frequently showing BSOD here is the minidump files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhZ87OOH4T5XgbE5EP4Du_tyfCJ9vQ?e=Emr2OY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-frequently-showing-bsod/473feae6-10cc-4142-b703-2987562cdafc
  10. My PC has frequent BSOD and I can't find the cause, minidump files included.

My PC has frequent BSOD and I can't find the cause, minidump files included.: For the past month my pc has experienced random BSOD that occur no matter what I am doing (gaming, streaming tv). The pc is about 4 months old and this issue has seemingly came out of nowhere. I have received stop codes such as: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL DRIVER OVERRAN STACK...