Windows 10: My PC has no sound after windows 10 update

Discus and support My PC has no sound after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a windows 10 update I have no sound on my PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by THERESAHARDY2, Aug 15, 2021.

1. My PC has no sound after windows 10 update

After a windows 10 update I have no sound on my PC.

:)

THERESAHARDY2, Aug 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 15, 2021
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 15, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

My PC has no sound after windows 10 update

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

My PC has no sound after windows 10 update

1. My PC has no sound after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - has sound update

2. My PC has no sound randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC has no sound randomly: My PC has no sound from time to time. I cannot figure out what is causing it, but I know how to solve it. I just need to run the audio troubleshooting and then play the test sound, then the test sound will be able to play. And after that, I can play sound from other...
  3. I have a problem with no sound on my windows 10 pc after windows update

I have a problem with no sound on my windows 10 pc after windows update: I have a problem with no sound on my windows 10 pc after windows update. My taskbar sound icon has a red x through it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-with-no-sound-on-my-windows-10-pc/5ab4db41-ca09-44bc-9ced-2be64829cbb4
  4. Loss of sound on PC after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of sound on PC after Windows 10 update: Wonder if anyone can help ? After a recent auto update all sound was lost on my PC. I have tried to fix it loads of ways, using all the troubleshoot systems which did not help at all. I have updated all the audio drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled them. The computer tells...
  5. lost my sound after windows 10 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost my sound after windows 10 update...: I've tried everything suggested to me on the web but nothing has worked I am about to toss my laptop in in trash. please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-sound-after-windows-10-update/573e4957-6f00-4f43-aa69-b1d4a07a6179
  6. My sound is not working after windows 10 update

My sound is not working after windows 10 update: My sound is not working after windows 10 update recent update spoil my sound. I can hear sound in speakers or headphones. Please help me to solve out this issue...
  7. After updating the driver there is no sound in my pc.

After updating the driver there is no sound in my pc.: I have Synaptics SmartAudio HD in my PC. I updated it and there is no sound after that. This is fourth or fifth time I am facing this problem. I searched for solutions and got one. I uninstalled the driver and restarted PC , sound came back. Every time I do that and sound...
  8. Windows 10 update has messed my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update has messed my PC: Running a desktop PC with a Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-HD2 Motherboard - has been running smooth until windows installed an update yesterday. I uninstalled the updates but to no avail. its still not working. My PC is now seriously slow, my keyboards... both USB and PS2 still...
  9. After Windows Update, My Sound Has Just Vanished

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows Update, My Sound Has Just Vanished: Hey Microsoft community, I have had this issue before and all I had to do was wait, but now I cannot as I do not have the time. Simply enough, I'm turning off my PC for the night through "Sleep" and I saw there was an update, I didn't want to update it at the time so I just...
  10. After Windows 10 update, HDMI has no sound.

After Windows 10 update, HDMI has no sound.: Every time after Windows10 update, monitor which is connected through HDMI has no sound. Of course, I can fix it by plugging in and out HDMI cable or install NVIDIA driver, but I can not always do this after Windows 10 update, right? How should I address it permanently?...