Windows 10: My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again.

Discus and support My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After many attempts to fix this nigling problem and yesterday it was fixed and now it isnt. When will MS fix this damn problem with their latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MPerry48, Jun 30, 2020.

1. MPerry48 Win User

My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again.

After many attempts to fix this nigling problem and yesterday it was fixed and now it isnt.

When will MS fix this damn problem with their latest update i. 2004?

:)

MPerry48, Jun 30, 2020
  2. sxsrulez Win User

system tray wifi icon changed after using Shareit

so, i was using ShareIt on my windows 10. when i closed it, i still found my system tray that an ethernet icon was showing with no internet access where it used to show wifi icon. still it is showing that ethernet icon only unless i connect to a wifi network.
    and as soon as i disconnect it, it again starts showing that same no internet ethernet icon. How to change it back to the wifi icon ?

sxsrulez, Jun 30, 2020
  3. dg142dg Win User
    My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

yesterday my wifi was working fine and I had a wifi icon to detect networks. then it stopped working and I can't see a wifi icon. when I go to settings - there is no wifi setting. I've tried rebooting, updating drivers, running troubleshoot. nothing works.

dg142dg, Jun 30, 2020
  4. My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again.

Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray

Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.608

Hi, my wifi icon is not showing up in my systems tray.
    My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again. iA9thDM.png
    (It's not even in the expanded menu, and I have show network icon turned on.)
    My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again. ofmLdHr.png

Additionally, at the network and internet section of my settings page, it says that I am not connected to the internet
    My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again. C8hqXE3.png

Therefore I am unable to connect to a wifi network through the usual route. However, I can connect to a wifi network using the wifi icon on the bottom right in the lockscreen. My wifi is fine otherwise (I can access the internet).

How to I fix this problem?

Red Stiletto, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again.

1. My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again. - Similar Threads - has reverted showing

2. System tray missing wifi icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray missing wifi icon: Apparently, my wifi icon still show up when I connected to my home network but somehow it magically disappear whenever I go out and try to connect to public wifi. Do I have to reinstall or I can fix this manually...
  3. System tray missing wifi icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System tray missing wifi icon: Apparently, my wifi icon still show up when I connected to my home network but somehow it magically disappear whenever I go out and try to connect to public wifi. Do I have to reinstall or I can fix this manually...
  4. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build 22H2 22621.900.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps in the "Other system tray icons" area and add more apps to be always displayed, not all the icons show in the...
  5. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  6. System tray icons wrong show/no-show toggles

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray icons wrong show/no-show toggles: Windows 10 Home, my system tray icons are wonky. Some will go missing on me, not visible at all, not even in the "Show hidden icons" flyout. For example, right now my Network icon is flat out missing. If I go into the notification area tray and toggle it off, my volume icon...
  7. Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons: Hello, I have a bit of an odd problem, which is purely cosmetic, yet very frustrating. My system tray apps (notification area, the right part of the taskbar) are almost always showing the icons of other installed apps (Even some that aren't currently running). In addition,...
  8. System tray has no icons for volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray has no icons for volume: Turn on system icons are gray on. I need the icons in the system tray of the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-has-no-icons-for-volume/8e175dbf-d1f4-40c7-9562-3f3e0dff11a2
  9. Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray: Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.608 Hi, my wifi icon is not showing up in my systems tray. [ATTACH] (It's not even in the expanded menu, and I have show network icon turned on.) [ATTACH] Additionally, at the network and internet section of my settings page,...
  10. Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray: Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.608 Hi, my wifi icon is not showing up in my systems tray. https://i.imgur.com/iA9thDM.png (It's not even in the expanded menu, and I have show network icon turned on.) https://i.imgur.com/ofmLdHr.png Additionally, at the network...