Windows 10: My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again.

Discus and support My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After many attempts to fix this nigling problem and yesterday it was fixed and now it isnt. When will MS fix this damn problem with their latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MPerry48, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:42 PM.

1. MPerry48 Win User

My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again.

After many attempts to fix this nigling problem and yesterday it was fixed and now it isnt.

When will MS fix this damn problem with their latest update i. 2004?

:)

2. sxsrulez Win User

system tray wifi icon changed after using Shareit

so, i was using ShareIt on my windows 10. when i closed it, i still found my system tray that an ethernet icon was showing with no internet access where it used to show wifi icon. still it is showing that ethernet icon only unless i connect to a wifi network.
    and as soon as i disconnect it, it again starts showing that same no internet ethernet icon. How to change it back to the wifi icon ?

3. dg142dg Win User
    My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

yesterday my wifi was working fine and I had a wifi icon to detect networks. then it stopped working and I can't see a wifi icon. when I go to settings - there is no wifi setting. I've tried rebooting, updating drivers, running troubleshoot. nothing works.

4. My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again.

Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray

Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.608

Hi, my wifi icon is not showing up in my systems tray.
    My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again. iA9thDM.png
    (It's not even in the expanded menu, and I have show network icon turned on.)
    My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again. ofmLdHr.png

Additionally, at the network and internet section of my settings page, it says that I am not connected to the internet
    My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again. C8hqXE3.png

Therefore I am unable to connect to a wifi network through the usual route. However, I can connect to a wifi network using the wifi icon on the bottom right in the lockscreen. My wifi is fine otherwise (I can access the internet).

How to I fix this problem?

Thema:

My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again.

1. My PC has reverted back to showing the wrong wifi icon in the system tray again. - Similar Threads - has reverted showing

2. Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray: Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.608 Hi, my wifi icon is not showing up in my systems tray. [ATTACH] (It's not even in the expanded menu, and I have show network icon turned on.) [ATTACH] Additionally, at the network and internet section of my settings page,...
  3. Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray: Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.608 Hi, my wifi icon is not showing up in my systems tray. https://i.imgur.com/iA9thDM.png (It's not even in the expanded menu, and I have show network icon turned on.) https://i.imgur.com/ofmLdHr.png Additionally, at the network...
  4. Backing up system tray icon placements

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backing up system tray icon placements: Hi guys, I'd like to ask if there is a way to back up the system tray, since every time BSOD happens, my system tray completely messed up and I have to arrangement every single icons over and over again....
  5. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  6. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  7. Weird icon in my system tray

Weird icon in my system tray: Does anyone recognize this icon? [ATTACH] It doesn't do anything when I click on it and doesn't show a name when I hover over it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-icon-in-my-system-tray/1ba0eb7c-85e9-43d9-bccc-80910449f864
  8. Taskbar : System tray problem : icon are not all show

Taskbar : System tray problem : icon are not all show: Hi everyone ! First of all, pardon my English, that's not my native language, try' my best here ! I have a problem, and I think a picture will say more than anything else : [ATTACH] Does anyone know how I can reajust this setting ? Searching for a while, impossible to...
  9. My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings: My wifi icon is not showing in desktop tray or listed in network settings yesterday my wifi was working fine and I had a wifi icon to detect networks. then it stopped working and I can't see a wifi icon. when I go to settings - there is no wifi setting. I've tried...
  10. Avira icon on system tray not showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avira icon on system tray not showing: I have a laptop with win 10 pro installed. And after about 4 days not using it now the tray icon of avira is missing. But when check on task manager the avira is still working and when i search "avira" and click it the avira windows showed up and the feature there like...