Windows 10: My PC has started to have to be turned on twice before it will boot and won’t restart properly.

Discus and support My PC has started to have to be turned on twice before it will boot and won’t restart properly. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As said above my pc now has to be powered on, it sits, does nothing, then i have to hold the power button to power it off and then turn it on again for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by .TGillen., Nov 27, 2020.

1. .TGillen. Win User

My PC has started to have to be turned on twice before it will boot and won’t restart properly.

As said above my pc now has to be powered on, it sits, does nothing, then i have to hold the power button to power it off and then turn it on again for it to load. The PC is a self built and less than a year old

It also gets stuck if you choose to restart instead of shutting down.

Is there any fix for this? I’ve factory reset the system and the issue remains, Is my windows version corrupted or could it be a hardware issue?

:)

.TGillen., Nov 27, 2020

2. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Device won`t Turn On Properly

Hi Zain,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Why are you not able to install Windows 10?
    • Are you getting any error message or code?

I suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the pc and restart the system to check if you are able to get to the desktop screen.

You may refer to the steps provided by “Vanessa Sohtun” to perform an
    Automatic repair of Windows 10 on your computer and check if that helps.

Windows 10 Automatic Repair

You can use the media creation tool to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC. As you are upgrading to Windows 10 on the same computer activation would not be an issue.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 27, 2020
  4. My PC has started to have to be turned on twice before it will boot and won’t restart properly.

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

My PC has started to have to be turned on twice before it will boot and won’t restart properly.

1. My PC has started to have to be turned on twice before it will boot and won’t restart properly. - Similar Threads - has started turned

2. Computer won’t start properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t start properly: When I start my computer it says this “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change nighcause. To fix the problem:1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your comple2. Choose your language settings, and then click"Next.3. Click"Repair your...
  3. Computer won’t start properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won’t start properly: When I start my computer it says this “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change nighcause. To fix the problem:1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your comple2. Choose your language settings, and then click"Next.3. Click"Repair your...
  4. Need to boot twice before my laptop can be start normally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to boot twice before my laptop can be start normally: Im facing a problem where the laptop need to be start twice before in can work normally 1st boot = dark screen, keyboard lights up and fan spinning, 2nd boot = windows works normally. Is it caused by hardware malfunction or software?? Im using Nitro 5 AN515-45-R4KB...
  5. PC won’t start up/ keeps restarting boot

PC won’t start up/ keeps restarting boot: I’ve tried reseting my PC twice, once the resets worked, I tried setting up my desktop. The next day I woke up to my unsettling frustrations again, IT WONT START UP! I’ve tried the USB method, I’ve tried changing my program settings, look at numerous YouTube videos, but...
  6. My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly: I own a Dell XPS13 with windows 10, and whenever I try to boot it up, I just get the black screen with the dell logo.I have to hold down the power button to shut off, then turn it on again. When I do this, I get the same black screen, but with a loading circle below it. Then...
  7. I have to turn my pc on twice for it to boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have to turn my pc on twice for it to boot.: When I turn my pc on it turns on, the lights on my keyboard turn on but I get no picture on my monitor. I have to hold the power button to turn the pc off and then back on and it works straight away. Sometimes when I turn it off it turns off instantly and other times I have...
  8. Pc won’t start properly. Error code:d0000452

Pc won’t start properly. Error code:d0000452: Can't pass the lenovo startup page, windows 10, after windows updates the computer showed a blue screen with an error and restart, after that didnt load anymore. I have tried to access the safe mode however after selecting the startup settings I never get the options to...
  9. Computer won’t start properly

Computer won’t start properly: When I turn on my laptop, everything appears normal until I sign in. When I sign in it gets stuck on a loop of going to a white screen then my desktop and back to white. I can’t click the start menu, file explorer isn’t running. I can access task manager but when I try to end...
  10. Having to prss power button twice on laptop before it will start

in Windows 10 Support
    Having to prss power button twice on laptop before it will start: I have this new GE62 MSI laptop running Win10 all was fine with it until by coincidence apparently windows updates some drivers and then right after my optical drive died, along with the MSI recovery methods got corrupted... the service centre replaced the optical drive etc...