Windows 10: My PC has stopped being able to connect to Bluetooth devices.

Discus and support My PC has stopped being able to connect to Bluetooth devices. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; About 5 months ago (lol), I noticed that whenever I was using my Wireless Xbox One S Controller it would disconnect every once in a while for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/azianboi94, Nov 11, 2019.

1. My PC has stopped being able to connect to Bluetooth devices.

About 5 months ago (lol), I noticed that whenever I was using my Wireless Xbox One S Controller it would disconnect every once in a while for a few seconds before reconnecting again (via bluetooth), so I tried to remove the device in the list of bluetooth devices and tried to reconnect it. However, after pressing the pair button on the controller, it wouldn't show up on the list of devices in the bluetooth menu.

PC Info:

• Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 with OS build 18362.418

• I'm using the ASUS PCE-AC55BT card

• AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor

• 16GB RAM

Things I have tried:

• did a system restore to an earlier version of Windows

• deleted bluetooth device from device manager and attempted to reinstall device using manufacturer driver as well as the most recent intel bluetooth driver with same result

• tried to connect the asus card to a different pcie lane

• went to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Add a device with same results

• updated xbox controller firmware using Xbox Accessories windows store app

• attempted to add other bluetooth devices (xbox controller, bluetooth speakers, bluetooth headphones) but they wouldn't show up on the bluetooth devices list

Notes:

• when searching for devices, my neighbor's tablets, sound bar, and TV's would show up on the list but not my own devices

• I had a windows 10 laptop and did the exact same search and was able to see and add all the bluetooth devices attempted earlier (xbox controller, bluetooth speakers, bluetooth headphones)

let me know if you need any additional information and thanks for stopping by!

submitted by /u/azianboi94
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/azianboi94, Nov 11, 2019

2. No sound as PC is connected to a bluetooth device.

Hi Samuel,

As per your description, I understand that there is no sound in your PC as it shows that it is currently connected to a Bluetooth device which you do not recognize.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Have you connected your PC to Bluetooth speakers?

2. Do you recognize the device that is connected to your PC?

3. Does the Bluetooth device display under Control Panel > Devices and Printers?

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if you will be able to remove the device in question.

To remove the device from your PC, follow the steps below

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Your reply is very important to ensure that we provide the appropriate resolution. Do provide the above information so that we can proceed further.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 11, 2019
  3. jhearcht Win User
    Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out

Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC

I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as "paired". In the Bluetooth popup, "allow a device to connect" is greyed out. After a Google search, I know this is a common problem, but proposed solutions don't work in my case. I tried rebooting both PC and phone, but no help. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver from Intel, but no change.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

jhearcht, Nov 11, 2019
  4. My PC has stopped being able to connect to Bluetooth devices.

Bluetooth quit connecting to all devices

Hi Kendra,

I hope you have been able to solve your Bluetooth problem and if not, maybe the suggestion below will help.

In some cases it is possible that the Bluetooth speakers might not re-connect.

• To re-connect your speakers, simply right click on the Volume Control icon and select Playback devices
    • Select the device to connect and hit the connect option, while the device is powered on.
    • Once the device is connected, please make sure that it is set as the “Default Device” or “Default Communications Device” depending on whether it is a music or voice connection.
    I hope this helps if this is still a problem for you.

Thanks!

Kristin

KristinF [MSFT], Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

My PC has stopped being able to connect to Bluetooth devices.

1. My PC has stopped being able to connect to Bluetooth devices. - Similar Threads - has stopped being

2. My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device.: My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device. It is able to find and pair with them, but when I try to connect it, it says "That didn't work. Make sure your bluetooth device is still discoverable and then try again." What should I do?? Please help... I tried 2...
  3. My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device.: My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device. It is able to find and pair with them, but when I try to connect it, it says "That didn't work. Make sure your bluetooth device is still discoverable and then try again." What should I do?? Please help... I tried 2...
  4. My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to Fix not being able to see the Bluetooth in the device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix not being able to see the Bluetooth in the device manager: I am not able to see the turn off and on button for Bluetooth and I don't see it Bluetooth in the device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-not-being-able-to-see-the-bluetooth-in/7b22f079-4192-4d28-b538-e331e2aa0ea6
  6. Bluetooth devices being paired but unable to connect

Bluetooth devices being paired but unable to connect: After upgrading to Windows 10, I am not able to connect any Bluetooth device. They just connect for a moment and then get disonnected. Tried all the basic troubleshooters and installed the drivers from the hp website. System model is HP envy 15-u011dx x360 convertible pc...
  7. Bluetooth Audio Device not able to connect: Device is not responding.

Bluetooth Audio Device not able to connect: Device is not responding.: Hello,I am having a problem with my Bluetooth audio device. Whenever I try connecting to it to my computer , after a few minutes it will say, "We didn't get any response from the device, try connecting again ." I think that my computer is the problem, since I could connect my...
  8. Any bluetooth device is not connecting to my pc

Any bluetooth device is not connecting to my pc: MY PC'S BLUETOOTH IS NOT AT ALL CONNECTING TO ANY DEVICE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-bluetooth-device-is-not-connecting-to-my-pc/5b9eabaf-b0c1-4ddf-9e95-c6422101b027
  9. Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it

Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it: I am having trouble connecting devices to my computer via Bluetooth. It was a standard at first pro controller, I was able to pair the device to my computer effortlessly in the past, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I then tried the other devices I had used in the past,...
  10. Not Being Able To Reset My PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not Being Able To Reset My PC: So since yesterday March 22, 2020, I've been trying to reset my pc. I clicked reset and went to bed. When I woke up, It said that it failed to reset. I've searched everywhere on youtube but I can't find any video that helps. If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please help...