Windows 10: My PC has suddenly become so slow it's unusable

Discus and support My PC has suddenly become so slow it's unusable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my PC was running fine up until last week. All of a sudden I went to turn it on, when it starts up it is too slow and laggy to do anything. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephenD3, May 10, 2019.

1. StephenD3 Win User

My PC has suddenly become so slow it's unusable

So my PC was running fine up until last week. All of a sudden I went to turn it on, when it starts up it is too slow and laggy to do anything. I can't even open my settings. Is this a Virus or is there some other problem?

My specs are still fairly up to date and my storage has plenty of space left so that shouldn't be the issue. Do you guys have any advice for me? Thank you

:)

StephenD3, May 10, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, May 10, 2019
  3. My laptop is slow and is not responding to the commands quickly.

Hello Lokesh,

Whether your PC has gradually become slower or it suddenly stop for a few minutes, there could be a few reasons for that slowness. Try the troubleshooting steps in this article:
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10 to help make your Windows 10 PC run better.

Note: The troubleshooting steps are listed in order. If the steps do not work, continue with the next step.

We'll wait for the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, May 10, 2019
  4. clinux Win User

Linux for a slow PC

I was searching for my problem & came across your question. So registered to suggest distro for slow pc.

Try DSL (awesome), Slax (Good) .
    distrowatch.com is your friend.

clinux, May 10, 2019
Thema:

1. My PC has suddenly become so slow it's unusable - Similar Threads - has suddenly become

2. My Laptop Has Become very slow suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Has Become very slow suddenly: Hello,I have a lenovo laptop and it has been working like a butterreally good ever since I bought it. I work on the laptop for 7-8 hours a day. But since last one week, my laptop has suddenly slowed down and hangs every five minutes.Last week, I visited a few adult websites...
  3. My Laptop Has Become very slow suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Has Become very slow suddenly: Hello,I have a lenovo laptop and it has been working like a butterreally good ever since I bought it. I work on the laptop for 7-8 hours a day. But since last one week, my laptop has suddenly slowed down and hangs every five minutes.Last week, I visited a few adult websites...
  4. My Laptop has suddenly become very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop has suddenly become very slow.: Recently I had a game in laptop RDR 2 which worked very smooth at Graphic Settings on medium and I used to play it whole day without any lag or error.But one day I updated my laptop including software, firmware and windows update I updated it for 2nd time in 2 years and the...
  5. My Laptop has suddenly become very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop has suddenly become very slow.: Recently I had a game in laptop RDR 2 which worked very smooth at Graphic Settings on medium and I used to play it whole day without any lag or error.But one day I updated my laptop including software, firmware and windows update I updated it for 2nd time in 2 years and the...
  6. Why has my laptop become so slow all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my laptop become so slow all of a sudden?: I was able to log on but as soon as i started loading things like chrome or roblox my laptop started slowing down alot so i deleted them and other unused programs and files. my laptops is still quite slow....
  7. Why has my laptop become so slow all of a sudden?

Why has my laptop become so slow all of a sudden?: I was able to log on but as soon as i started loading things like chrome or roblox my laptop started slowing down alot so i deleted them and other unused programs and files. my laptops is still quite slow....
  8. My PC has become completely unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has become completely unusable.: So i've completely resetted my computer on January 27, 2023, and when the reset completes i complete the whole new computer setup guide. But when i am allowed access to my computer. it all of a sudden becomes completely unusable. The mouse barely moves it's like its lagging,...
  9. Pc suddenly becomes slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc suddenly becomes slow: When i open adobe preimere pro or any streaming applications streamlabs, obs, etc. my pc suddenly slows down everything lags really hard this never happened before until today. Currently have windows 11....
  10. Pc suddenly becomes slow

Pc suddenly becomes slow: When i open adobe preimere pro or any streaming applications streamlabs, obs, etc. my pc suddenly slows down everything lags really hard this never happened before until today. Currently have windows 11....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 so slow its unusable