Windows 10: My Pc has WIFI antennas is there anyway I could use them to transmit a WIFI hotspot instead...

Discus and support My Pc has WIFI antennas is there anyway I could use them to transmit a WIFI hotspot instead... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I turned it on without doing anything and I don't think it was using them since the range was so terrible is it even possible thanks? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/destroyer_1234, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:42 AM.

1. My Pc has WIFI antennas is there anyway I could use them to transmit a WIFI hotspot instead...

I turned it on without doing anything and I don't think it was using them since the range was so terrible is it even possible thanks?

submitted by /u/destroyer_1234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/destroyer_1234, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:42 AM
  2. 95Viper Win User

wifi antennas?

Not being rude or anything by posting links; however, antennas are more than a wire in a piece of covering.
    You got propagation, transmit/receive gain, standing waves, etc. to consider in the proper implementation. It is, actually, more important on low power output/receive circuits/chipsets.

Here are a few informative sites for info on antennas:

Understanding Antenna Specifications and Operation

Introduction to Wi-Fi Wireless Antennas

The Fundamentals of Wi-Fi Antennas

Understanding 802.11 Antennas

If you do a search for Understanding wifi antenna design you will see lots of info on the subject.

3. AsRock Win User
    wifi antennas?

Maybe even make his own, just need to do the research on it and there is plenty of information on this. I was looking in to directional ones were you have to get the plates the right size and all.

I tend to stick a heat sink to all i have as they all get hot and what harm will it do anyways.

And why no picture of this in the Ghetto thread, shame on you!, and shame on me if i missed or forgot about it ha.

4. My Pc has WIFI antennas is there anyway I could use them to transmit a WIFI hotspot instead...

powerful wifi antenna

wouldnt it make more sense to get a powered wifi antenna that would hook up to the PC rather than deal with messing around with the router?

Thema:

My Pc has WIFI antennas is there anyway I could use them to transmit a WIFI hotspot instead...

1. My Pc has WIFI antennas is there anyway I could use them to transmit a WIFI hotspot instead... - Similar Threads - has WIFI antennas

2. Can't use Wifi Hotspot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use Wifi Hotspot?: Whenever I set it up and make a device connect, it always says "failed to obtain IP Address." I have tried doing the "allow other networks to connect through this computer's internet connection" thing many times, all failing to solve the issue. The thing is that I have...
  3. Using both Hotspot and WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using both Hotspot and WiFi: Hey guys altough i just created my account i have been using ten forums for the past 3 years i love this page. This is the first time in my life i cant find an answer to something and i think its because its impossible. So here it is, i am stuck in a hotel with bad wifi and...
  4. HotSpot and WiFi

HotSpot and WiFi: Everytime I restart my laptop the wifi button is greyed out and the when clicking on the hotspot it keeps loading and nothing happens. I ran over some answers on this and found some cmd commands to reset the firewall and others and it works too. But on restarting the same...
  5. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: when I on my laptop hotspot I cant connect on any mobile but internet is work onlaptop plz help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot/deeb07f8-b396-413f-8f65-97cbcfd7a967
  6. Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot: Recently I built my own PC and installed Windows 10 home on to it. A problem I've run into is that my motherboard does not have bluetooth capabilities straight out of the box like my old laptop did, which means I can't use it as a mobile hotspot like I did my old laptop. If I...
  7. Snip off WiFi antenna?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snip off WiFi antenna?: So have been repairing a few old laptops and one I stupidly put a screw through the antenna to the WiFi card when putting it back together. Replacing the antennae is too much trouble (having taken the screen off to look). So am going to get a usb WiFi dongle instead. But not...
  8. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: i tried to create a wifi hotspot in window 10, so i used command prompt but after creating it is notworking and showing that the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the request, then i installed a wifi hotspot software but that's also not running and...
  9. Buying a new Wifi Antenna

Buying a new Wifi Antenna: Hey! I have a ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING motherboard with two Wifi antenna fittings in the back. And the antenna that came with the board has two fittings as well. Id like to buy a better antenna but all I can find is the single connection antennas on the web. Now, can I use just...
  10. Wifi Antenna Question

Wifi Antenna Question: I have purchased a new ac router and a new ac pci-e network card (Asus). My setup before this purchase was this, pci-e 802.11n with two antenna connectors. Each connector has a 30 ft Wifi extension cable leading to two simple yagi antennas mounted outside. This has been...