Windows 10: My PC internet drops while connected to wifi, but works fine when connected to mobile hotspot.

Discus and support My PC internet drops while connected to wifi, but works fine when connected to mobile hotspot. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a windows 10 Pc which is just under a year old, but I have been having internet issues for a while now. The internet keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by olliewesty303, Jan 3, 2021.

1. My PC internet drops while connected to wifi, but works fine when connected to mobile hotspot.

Hi everyone,

I have a windows 10 Pc which is just under a year old, but I have been having internet issues for a while now.

The internet keeps dropping, whilst staying connected to the network. The internet seems to drop at the moment that I load a webpage been tracking the internet connectivity using “ping -t 8.8.8.8” in cmd. It’s really frustrating as the internet takes between 5 and 20 seconds to reconnect when it drops often resulting in the page not loading at all. Streaming, zoom calls, gaming etc... forget it!

All other devices on my network seem unaffected by this issue which leads me to think it’s the PC.

I have been sent a new upgraded network card which seemed to resolve the issue for a few weeks but the issue is back.

I have downloaded new drivers, done virus scans etc... to no avail.

I have tested the connection when using my iphones mobile hotspot instead of my wifi router and do not have the same issue losing connectivity.

Help please!!

:)

olliewesty303, Jan 3, 2021
  2. TSee Win User

Wifi Mobile Hotspot enabled but get 'No Internet Connection' on iPhone

At work, I use the 'Wifi Mobile Hotspot' to connect my phone to the internet, off the PC which is running Windows 10. It has been working fine for years. Then, one day my phone stops connecting to the internet, even though it picks up the computer's hotspot and the internet is working fine on the computer and the mobile hotspot is enabled. See screenshot. What could have happened? I didn't make any changes to the wifi settings but there is someone else who has access to this computer who may have done something mysterious! Unlikely though.
    Thanks in advance My PC internet drops while connected to wifi, but works fine when connected to mobile hotspot. :)

TSee, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection

Hi Charlie,

I tried the first two methods the link recommended.

In the case of the first method, I couldn't get past step 1.8 (Selecting 802.11 or whatever) as there wasn't any item on the list that had anything near that name.

The second way didn't work either. I followed all the given steps up until step 2.8, at which point the drop down menu I had had no "WLAN" option. The "Wifi" option resulted in the issue not being corrected at all (my phone still says there's no internet
    connection) and selecting "Ethernet" resulted in the computer telling me there was no way to set up a mobile hotspot at all as I wasn't connected to Wifi or Ethernet.

JamesHyndes, Jan 3, 2021
  4. robzam Win User

My PC internet drops while connected to wifi, but works fine when connected to mobile hotspot.

Using laptop as mobile hotspot sometimes internet does not connect

Hi,

So currently I do not have a router available (I have a wired connection to the internet) but I want to be able to check emails on mobile through wifi. I found a link (How to Turn Your Windows PC Into a Wi-Fi Hotspot) showing how to use your laptop as a 'wifi hotspot'. When the laptop is connected to the wired connection at work and I switch on the mobile hotspot as shown in the website, I am able to connect to the internet on my mobile through my laptop. However, this does not work at my home.

I would appreciate any help given to solve this problem.

Thanks!

robzam, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

My PC internet drops while connected to wifi, but works fine when connected to mobile hotspot.

1. My PC internet drops while connected to wifi, but works fine when connected to mobile hotspot. - Similar Threads - internet drops while

2. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  3. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mobile hotspot works, but internet connection stops working on PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot works, but internet connection stops working on PC.: Hello,Windows 10 has a feature that lets you set up a mobile hotspot for other devices to connect to, like sharing the connection. Because the wireless internet connection in my room is bad, and my PC is connected to the router using a LAN cable, I use this feature a lot....
  6. Mobile hotspot works, but internet connection stops working on PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile hotspot works, but internet connection stops working on PC.: Hello,Windows 10 has a feature that lets you set up a mobile hotspot for other devices to connect to, like sharing the connection. Because the wireless internet connection in my room is bad, and my PC is connected to the router using a LAN cable, I use this feature a lot....
  7. Mobile hotspot works, but internet connection stops working on PC.

8. Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection: So i'm trying to set up the mobile hotpsot functionality on my PC, It is connnected via ehternet and i want to use that stability to create a hotspot in my room, however i cant seem to get an internet connection to be shared, I've created the network and changed the...
  9. Home internet slow on PC but will connect to mobile hotspot fine

Home internet slow on PC but will connect to mobile hotspot fine: I've brought a pc home from work and from the first day i had problems with it. It wont even load one webpage. It's always been a little bit slow at work but the internet there is amazing so perhaps why we never noticed much? Now its at home, it just does NOT like my...
  10. Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when...

Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when...: So I connected my PC to this wifi router it's a Fritz!box 7590 for the first time and for some reason it can't even reach a speed of 100 Kbit/s, though our internet has an average of 150 Mbit/s. I thought a simple restarting of the computer and the router would help but it...