Windows 10: My PC IP changed to a New Jersey Company

Discus and support My PC IP changed to a New Jersey Company in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am worried. Two days ago I left my PC on and Outlook 2007 running and when to a local store. When at the store when I received a text message from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnR2, Nov 24, 2016.

1. JohnR2 Win User

My PC IP changed to a New Jersey Company

I am worried. Two days ago I left my PC on and Outlook 2007 running and when to a local store. When at the store when I received a text message from Google saying someone had my password an provided their IP address. Came home to investigate and asked what my IP was and found the same IP on my PC. This mystery IP address 196.53.32.12 which belongs to LogicWeb Inc. It was my own PC trying to pull new emails. Checked my router and found the correct IP. Spoke to my ISP tech who thought my traffic was being sent elsewhere, that I may have a virus or malware. I restarted my PC and the correct IP was now showing. I had just installed a new Antivirus program,Kaspersky Total Security, days before and had a complete scan along with a Malwarebytes Premium scan all clean.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

:)

JohnR2, Nov 24, 2016
  2. JohnRice Win User

How can my IP address change to a company in New Jersey

I am worried. Yesterday I left my PC on and Outlook 2007 running and when to a local store. When at the store when I received a text message from Google saying someone had my password an provided their IP address. Came home to investigate
    and asked what my IP was and found the same IP on my PC. This mystery IP address 196.53.32.12 which belongs to LogicWeb Inc. It was my own PC trying to pull new emails. Checked my router and found the correct IP. Spoke to my ISP tech who thought my traffic
    was being sent elsewhere, that I may have a virus. I restarted my PC and the correct IP was now showing. I had just installed a new Antivirus program days before and had a complete scan along with a Malware scan all clean.

Any ideas?

Thanks

JohnRice, Nov 24, 2016
  3. JohnRice Win User
    How can my IP address change to a company in New Jersey

I found out that my antivirus recently installed was responsible. It was something I was not expecting. It turns out it was a feature I turned on in error.

JohnRice, Nov 24, 2016
  4. Railtech Win User

LogicWeb is a hosting site. Sonds like someone there has mined your Google account info. I think I would give them a call and see what's up! If it turns out that one of there customers is doing such things as mining account information I doubt they would treat it lightly!

Contact Us

Railtech, Nov 24, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Just means that your ISP ran out of IP's for the local Head End and are in the process of taking over a set of IPv4 IP's to divide between different markets. Not something to get excited or upset over. Happens more times than people realize and does nothing to your connection or speeds. Along with what software that you are running. Give it a month and they will have it sorted and worked out that the IP's will list under the FCC information for your market.

bro67, Nov 24, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Nothing to get excited about. That IP change is just from a change either made by the ISP or the Proxy that the OP may be using to go through and the address where it is kept through means nothing. Millions of IP's from hosted sites or VPN's are listed through a "Shell".

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My PC IP changed to a New Jersey Company - Similar Threads - changed Jersey Company

2. Introducing New FACEBOOK Company Brand Logo

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing New FACEBOOK Company Brand Logo: Facebook started as a single app. Now, 15 years later, we offer a suite of products that help people connect to their friends and family, find communities and grow businesses. Today, we’re updating our company branding to be clearer about the products that come from...
  3. How to change an IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change an IP address: I am setting up a new laptop with Windows 10. I have always used Mozilla (sorry) and downloaded it and set it up with my email address. Now it is telling me that my IP address is that of my old computer (also does the same if I use the Edge browser). What should I do? Thank...
  4. Automatically Change IP Address

Automatically Change IP Address: Where i work at i am constantly having to switch between wireless networks. In 1 network my laptop is able to be setup in DHCP mode. In the other networks my laptop has to be setup with a fixed IP address that is different per network. Is there a way to setup the computer so...
  5. Company of Heroes 2 Soft/hardlocking my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Company of Heroes 2 Soft/hardlocking my PC: So a couple of days ago randomly, Company of Heroes 2 has been locking my PC while loading into a game. I honestly have no idea what's causing it but its forcing me to hit the reset button to get my computer back and running again. Any ideas? I already used DDU to clean my...
  6. My IP address

My IP address: i have a added device and the IP adress 82.176.117 close to the netherlands, I am i Vouwempolder Neterlands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ip-address/13c3a8e4-48c5-4c05-b5d3-3144afb0efd8
  7. Change my IP address

Change my IP address: How on earth do I randomly change my IP address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-ip-address/2923e617-4618-4df9-8bfa-181e82098d5b
  8. Cant change my dynamic IP address :)

Cant change my dynamic IP address :): Hello :)) I cant change my dynamic IP address. Have followed the instructions on windows 10. Problem is, when I clicked ethernet and I'm in my network, I cant find the "edit IP address" section at all. Theres absolutely no option to change it. And Yes, I have a dynamic IP...
  9. Calls regarding changing my IP address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Calls regarding changing my IP address: I am getting multiple calls from my own phone number with a recording saying it is Microsoft. The recording states that my IP address has been used in multiple countries and needs to be changed. Is this a scam?...
  10. Will Switching to New Router Change IP Address?

Will Switching to New Router Change IP Address?: If I switch my current modem router for a new one, would my PC's IP address change or stay the same? Is this my public IP address my cable company assigns me? Would this public address change when switching to a new router? 80099