Windows 10: my pc is acting funny

Discus and support my pc is acting funny in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I log into my pc all the apps show up but nothing on my taskbar shows up. For the icons to show up I have to put my curser on the taskbar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TyFlores, Jul 28, 2021.

1. TyFlores Win User

my pc is acting funny

when I log into my pc all the apps show up but nothing on my taskbar shows up. For the icons to show up I have to put my curser on the taskbar and click it.Any help would go a long way.

:)

TyFlores, Jul 28, 2021

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jul 28, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 28, 2021
  4. my pc is acting funny

My Glance Screen is acting funny!

Hello Mr. Hpholm!

My mobile does not have any screen protector or casing!

And yes my "screen turns off as expected during calls when the phone is held to the ear, and back on again for speakerphone functionality".

But wait!

Just now I recalled your mentioning the location of the proximity sensor at the front camera. So I waved my hand on it - and VOILA -I could see the time and notification!

THANK YOU SO MUCH HPHOLM!

I was not aware of the location of the proximity sensor. That made me think that the Glance Screen was acting funny! LOL!

Btw, can you please tell what else can the proximity sensor do? Will there be more when WP 10 releases after one month or so?

RazPatnaik, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

my pc is acting funny

1. my pc is acting funny - Similar Threads - acting funny

2. HP Dock acting a little funny.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Dock acting a little funny.: My HP Zbook all the sudden is not connecting and sending a signal to my additional monitors. The Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are working off the docking station, but the monitors are not being recognized. I am also getting an error while trying to update some drivers and the...
  3. HP Dock acting a little funny.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Dock acting a little funny.: My HP Zbook all the sudden is not connecting and sending a signal to my additional monitors. The Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are working off the docking station, but the monitors are not being recognized. I am also getting an error while trying to update some drivers and the...
  4. So, my settings has been acting really funny, When i try to activate windows or activate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So, my settings has been acting really funny, When i try to activate windows or activate...: I'm trying to change my product key but when I click at the change product key setting, help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-my-settings-has-been-acting-really-funny-when-i/fa228375-b462-44ec-ae1d-7c0f426e2ade
  5. So, my settings has been acting really funny, When i try to activate windows or activate...

So, my settings has been acting really funny, When i try to activate windows or activate...: I'm trying to change my product key but when I click at the change product key setting, help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-my-settings-has-been-acting-really-funny-when-i/fa228375-b462-44ec-ae1d-7c0f426e2ade
  6. So, my settings has been acting really funny, When i try to activate windows or activate...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Computer acting funny since uninstalling some apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer acting funny since uninstalling some apps.: In order to clear up space on my storage, I recently uninstalled a few apps as well as deleting all my temporary files including files in my Downloads folder. One of the apps I unistalled was Microsoft 365 which included Office, One Note, Excel none of which I ever used, even...
  8. Computer acting funny since uninstalling some apps.

Computer acting funny since uninstalling some apps.: In order to clear up space on my storage, I recently uninstalled a few apps as well as deleting all my temporary files including files in my Downloads folder. One of the apps I unistalled was Microsoft 365 which included Office, One Note, Excel none of which I ever used, even...
  9. My computer is acting funny

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is acting funny: When I started my computer it said there was no pin for my computer but after getting in the computer there was no internet or wifi icon and in the settings there is no networks and when i plug in headphones the computer does not see them I don’t know if this is a problem...
  10. Excel acting funny

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel acting funny: Starting today, when clicking on an Excel cell, it automatically opens the formula on the screen, rather than what previously required highlighting the cell and going up to the Formula Bar. Very annoying. Also, starting today, while highlighting and 'cutting' multiple cells...