Windows 10: My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update

Discus and support My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It's my understanding that there are some issues that need to be resolved with this update. Is there a patch available to correct them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ross DContella, Jun 24, 2020.

1. My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update

It's my understanding that there are some issues that need to be resolved with this update. Is there a patch available to correct them?

:)

Ross DContella, Jun 24, 2020
  2. abrogard Win User

Windows Explorer acting strangely..

Thanks for the thought.

Just this morning, right now, I saw it opened on 'quick access' (fortunately not hanging this time) even though I've tried to disable that so I had a sudden thought and went into the view stuff again and sure enough found right at the top a choice of where explorer should open: 'quick access' or 'this pc'.

So I have set it for 'this pc' and maybe that'll be the fix.

My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update [​IMG]

and while I was sticking that screenshot in this post I noticed explorer opened with this date grouping thing again, which I hate and I thought I had removed.... I'll try again...

My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update [​IMG]

wouldn't it be good if we could get up a sort of list, like a spreadsheet list maybe, listing down the column all the nonstandards features we've either chosen to implement or MS has stuck in there for us or third party software has put in.... with columns across the sheet detailing what it does and how/if it is necessary for this or that or nothing and enabling us to simply put a checkmark in a cell and have the feature disabled?

Maybe even a cell at the top we can check and have the whole sheet go back to basic default?

My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update :)

abrogard, Jun 24, 2020
  3. pc act really strange without malware

thats not so simple. thats not the drivers for sure. thats not the problem here. the problem is that my pc act so strange without any malware or spyware. when i fix a problem one more problem coming and its happen again and again.

GiulianoBasso, Jun 24, 2020
  4. My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update

Windows 10 acts strange on start-up and login, then shows errors...

Hello,

This issue might occur due to corrupted or outdated display drivers.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers which can resolve the issue you are facing. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• In search type Windows Updates
    • Click on Windows Updates
    • Click on Check for updates and install
      the latest windows updates.
    Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update

1. My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update - Similar Threads - acting very strange

2. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been acting up very strangely: Hi.So, my PC has been acting up very strangely lately, it keeps shutting itself down and then there's a huge sound like BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I've brought my PC to the computer shop to get it fixed, but still, it keeps shutting down by itself, the screen glitches before shutting...
  3. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has been acting up very strangely: Hi.So, my PC has been acting up very strangely lately, it keeps shutting itself down and then there's a huge sound like BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I've brought my PC to the computer shop to get it fixed, but still, it keeps shutting down by itself, the screen glitches before shutting...
  4. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. pc acting strange

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pc acting strange: i downloaded and ran a bunch of files that were false positives, they were from a safe and credible source, but after running alot of them i noticed when trying to save copies of files i get How to Fix Oops! We Couldn’t Save That One though i never didi also got you dont...
  6. Pc acting Strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc acting Strange: (Before you read the rest of this just want to let you know that I dont have a Virus I use Malwarebytes scan and it came back completely clean )So the other day I updated windows to the newest version, since I have done that my pc has been acting so fucking strange, for...
  7. My microphone is acting VERY strange.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My microphone is acting VERY strange.: Sorry for the ambiguous title I dont know the terminology to describe my problem in short terms. Anyway I use a pair of ear buds in the microphone input jack to just to use the microphone now randomly the microphone doesn't pick up any sound from the microphone BUT it does...
  8. HELPPP! My PC is acting STRANGE!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELPPP! My PC is acting STRANGE!: When I am playing games especially, my PC is opening Calculator, New Tabs, typing strange things, activating Scroll Lock, Num Lock or Caps lock, going to sleep etc. The thing is: some people told me that this is because of my keyboard. I changed my keyboard and it is the...
  9. My pc is acting strange after a crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc is acting strange after a crash: As above my pc crashed over night and I woke up to find this no folder has names and are all grouped up like this and there is missing text in the side bar and when I left click the mouse and use any of the options be it view sort by group by anything [ATTACH]...
  10. EDGE Browser Acting Strange Since Fall Creators Update.

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE Browser Acting Strange Since Fall Creators Update.: For some reason EDGE is no longer allowing me to log into my bank account. Enter all info, click "Log In" and nothing happens at all. It's just like my mouse pointer is a ghost. With Firefox, I log in as usual. No problem. I'm experiencing this same "no response" from...