Windows 10: My PC is causing internet to drop out

Discus and support My PC is causing internet to drop out in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, im really hoping someone can help because i am at a dead end. I have had network issues for months and months. It always disconnects,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Watson3, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Watson3 Win User

My PC is causing internet to drop out

Hi there, im really hoping someone can help because i am at a dead end.

I have had network issues for months and months. It always disconnects, sometimes once or twice or day. Sometimes 30 or 40 times a day and as a PC gamer you can imagine the frustration.

I recently had an openreach engineer out and he replaced my internet cable from the outdoor box to my home. This fixed my speed issue.

However, I can sit and watch youtube on my phone or laptop fine. Or even netflix on the tv, fine. It always seems to happen when I’m on my computer which makes me think that THAT is the problem. I play World of Warcraft mainly and use discord to chat to my friends. Other than that, not much else. A skype call once a week which last night for instance i cut out 20 times. The internet light on my hub goes off, flashes orange, solid orange then green again then rinse and repeat.

Can my PC be the issue? If so, please lord help me!

:)

Watson3, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Edge drops the internet

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you use a new InPrivate window. To open a new InPrivate window, follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

To isolate the cause of the issue, turn off any third-party security software or firewalls in your system. If possible,
    try moving your PC or laptop closer to the router or access point.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Dropping off internet

Hi Amelia,

It is possible that your
    Network Components
    were corrupted during the update or your
    drivers
    were
    outdated
    causing your network connections to drop off. We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your Network Connection.

Method 3: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 4: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. My PC is causing internet to drop out - Similar Threads - causing internet drop

2. Internet drops out completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet drops out completely: Hope someone will be able to help!!My laptop internet has recently started about 2 weeks ago dropping out completely. On restarting/reconnecting to the wi-fi I am able to get a speed of 20mb/s. While running the speed test, it drops out to 1mb/s or sometimes to nothing where...
  3. Internet drops out completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet drops out completely: Hope someone will be able to help!!My laptop internet has recently started about 2 weeks ago dropping out completely. On restarting/reconnecting to the wi-fi I am able to get a speed of 20mb/s. While running the speed test, it drops out to 1mb/s or sometimes to nothing where...
  4. Internet drops out completely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet drop outs

Internet drop outs: For about 3 weeks Internet has repeatedly dropped out. Pages won't load time out or load abnormally slowly Get messages like " the System encountered a problem" or " The site can't be reached" or "Your connection was interrupted" Checked Event Viewer found repeated ERROR...
  6. Internet Dropping, but only my PC

Internet Dropping, but only my PC: I got my PC on christmas of 2020. Since then it has always had connection issues. The internet from it will drop completely for a couple seconds to minutes, often making me disconnect from games and calls. I use ethernet and have replaced the cable, and it still drops. It...
  7. Internet Dropping out

Internet Dropping out: My windows 10 desk top is connected to my router via cable NOT WI_FI. Windows regularly disconnects briefly telling me that there is no internet. This is not true because other devices on the same network continue to function. Is this a known issue?...
  8. Internet Keeps Dropping Out

Internet Keeps Dropping Out: I recently got a new PC and realized that there is a problem with the internet. I have an ethernet cable plugged in but every few minutes or so, my internet will drop for a second or 2 and come right back on. This is the same ethernet cable and everything I have been using on...
  9. My internet keeps dropping out!

My internet keeps dropping out!: I have so many reasons I need help with my network! For starters. Because of various reasons I just don't think it necessary to for me to get into here, my wife and I have decided to home school our daughter this fall. This means we MUST have good internet access. Then of...
  10. Problem with internet drop outs

Problem with internet drop outs: My boys who live with their mum have sky fibre 38mb download, 9mb upload & it stays connected no issue's what so ever. However the sky black router is only b/g 54g. So wifi won't be great. But it's wired up to a duel band router 300mbps & it works great. However a small...