Windows 10: My pc is constantly refreshing

Discus and support My pc is constantly refreshing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc keeps refreshing and I am unable to do anything, I can't open any apps or use any commands as it is refreshing every few seconds and not allowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by josh gregory, Mar 23, 2023.

1. My pc is constantly refreshing

My pc keeps refreshing and I am unable to do anything, I can't open any apps or use any commands as it is refreshing every few seconds and not allowing me to do anything

:)

josh gregory, Mar 23, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

Desktop constantly refreshing

Hi, some ideas here:
    Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing - Microsoft Community
    BEST FIX: Stop Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Refreshing - Appuals.com

Another observation:
    Windows 10 Desktop Constant Refresh: how can I stop the constant refreshing? - Windows Central Forums
    ...had the constant refresh problem
    Fixed it thus: First switching off WiFi, then right click on start button, select the shutdown sign off and select shutdown
    Then boot pc as normal - leave to do all its stuff - suggest about a couple of minutes - switch wifi back on and all was as it should be.

Another:
    Uninstall IDT Audio (if installed).

System Restore can be unreliable. Restore now doesn't work for me with a particular message which has rarely been reported.

Having read the above, if no help, then basics:
    a. Does it happen in Safe Mode?
    b. Does it happen after a clean boot?

dalchina, Mar 23, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What does it exactly means when you say that the taskbar constantly refresh?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to corruptions in Windows components or due to third party security application.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if you are able to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the issue does not persists in Safe mode, place the computer in a clean boot state.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows
    7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Applies to Windows 10

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

I also suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps to resolve the issues with the. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We

will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 23, 2023
  4. My pc is constantly refreshing

Win10 Email refresh?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Mail app.

• In top right corner you will find a refresh button

• Click on refresh button and check if it sync with the account

If the issue still persists I suggest you to provide us the screen shot of the issue.

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

My pc is constantly refreshing

1. My pc is constantly refreshing - Similar Threads - constantly refreshing

2. PC keeps refreshing and freezing constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps refreshing and freezing constantly: Hello! I’m looking for some assistance on an issue I am currently facing with my PC. I purchased my PC 2 years ago and have not had any issues thus far up until a few days ago. My computer suddenly started not allowing certain applications to connect to my wifi, the screen...
  3. PC keeps refreshing and freezing constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps refreshing and freezing constantly: Hello! I’m looking for some assistance on an issue I am currently facing with my PC. I purchased my PC 2 years ago and have not had any issues thus far up until a few days ago. My computer suddenly started not allowing certain applications to connect to my wifi, the screen...
  4. PC keeps refreshing and freezing constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh: Through a lot of troubleshooting I was actually able to figure out what is causing this issue, and it seems to be my user account. Safe Mode had no effect on the issue but when I created a new user it seemed to resolve the issue. How would I actually go about trying to fix...
  6. Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh

Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh: Through a lot of troubleshooting I was actually able to figure out what is causing this issue, and it seems to be my user account. Safe Mode had no effect on the issue but when I created a new user it seemed to resolve the issue. How would I actually go about trying to fix...
  7. My pc is constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is constantly refreshing: My pc keeps refreshing and I am unable to do anything, I can't open any apps or use any commands as it is refreshing every few seconds and not allowing me to do anything...
  8. My pc is constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc is constantly refreshing: My pc keeps refreshing and I am unable to do anything, I can't open any apps or use any commands as it is refreshing every few seconds and not allowing me to do anything...
  9. Windows is constantly refreshing after updating to version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is constantly refreshing after updating to version 22H2: Windows is constantly refreshing after updating to version 22H2. I can move the mouse but can't click or do anything on the home screen. Only ctrl+alt+delete works on the keyboard, I tried other commands like win+r but it didnt work. there is no error message either. Please...
  10. Windows is constantly refreshing after updating to version 22H2

Windows is constantly refreshing after updating to version 22H2: Windows is constantly refreshing after updating to version 22H2. I can move the mouse but can't click or do anything on the home screen. Only ctrl+alt+delete works on the keyboard, I tried other commands like win+r but it didnt work. there is no error message either. Please...