Windows 10: My pc is constantly using 100% cpu and disk

Discus and support My pc is constantly using 100% cpu and disk in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I am using hp i3 8gb ram laptop. Recently my pc is using 100 % cpu and disk and making pc to work very laggy. I updated fully and even reset and re... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sriram_P_2512, Jan 22, 2021.

1. My pc is constantly using 100% cpu and disk

Hi
    I am using hp i3 8gb ram laptop. Recently my pc is using 100 % cpu and disk and making pc to work very laggy.
    I updated fully and even reset and re installed windows. I scanned for viruses , nothing came up.
    I tried every possible solution but didn't work.
    Please help me!!

:)

Sriram_P_2512, Jan 22, 2021
  2. chjejones Win User

CPU constantly at 100%

Being as stubborn as I am for Windows 7, I waited until the last possible second to upgrade to Windows 10. Now that I've upgraded, my CPU is constantly at or near 100% mainly by two processes listed as System and System Interrupts, both running 20-30% each. I looked around and most people say these shouldn't be more than 5-10%.

Before you start suggesting the obvious like checking for updates, flashing BIOS, upgrading drivers, editing Registry, using Process Explorer, going into device manager, checking background apps, using the built in troubleshooters, formatting, erasing previous Win installations, etc. Let me just say, that I've tried all of those and none of them seemed to work. I can get the CPU down to about 50-60% but that still seems like quite a lot for a freshly booted up PC just sitting on standby.

At this point, I'm looking for any suggestions at all. My best guess is that maybe my laptops just too old? I've had it for close to 5-6 years or so and I never replaced any of the parts, so it may just be that it's just getting harder to run modern OS? I don't know. If there's any other options, I'd love to hear them before I start looking into replacements.

chjejones, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Jacee Win User
    Jacee, Jan 22, 2021
  4. My pc is constantly using 100% cpu and disk

Unistack Service constantly at 100% disk usage

Hello Ruben,

Thank you for your reply.

Have you tried check if the issue occurs in safe mode\clean boot?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps suggested to boot into safe mode and check.

If the problem does not exist in safe mode, try to perform a clean boot (from the
    link you have provided) and check.

Do update us with the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

My pc is constantly using 100% cpu and disk

1. My pc is constantly using 100% cpu and disk - Similar Threads - constantly using 100%

2. Disk and CPU 100 % use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk and CPU 100 % use: Can u help me this problem solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-and-cpu-100-use/a8c26f3f-83ae-4832-ba0a-b83519d50802
  3. Disk and CPU 100 % use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk and CPU 100 % use: Can u help me this problem solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-and-cpu-100-use/a8c26f3f-83ae-4832-ba0a-b83519d50802
  4. Disk and CPU 100 % use

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disk on 100% constant disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk on 100% constant disk: I'm sure this is been asked over 100 times but I can't seem to understand why this is happening. My C: drive is stuck at 100% usage all the time and there is no let off. It seems like it has been doing this since the 2H22 update installed and I'm worried that it is causing...
  6. Disk Constantly 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Constantly 100%: Hello,My computer constantly runs at or near 100% disk usage and very high memory usage, making the computer nearly worthless. I've tried every kind of troubleshooting I can find online but nothing has helped. Anyone have any ideas? When I open task manager nothing is...
  7. Disk Constantly 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Constantly 100%: Hello,My computer constantly runs at or near 100% disk usage and very high memory usage, making the computer nearly worthless. I've tried every kind of troubleshooting I can find online but nothing has helped. Anyone have any ideas? When I open task manager nothing is...
  8. Disk constantly at 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk constantly at 100%: I noticing whenever i start my computer my disk at idle is at 100 and it persists for quite a long time submitted by /u/DANKDJP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/heabtk/disk_constantly_at_100/
  9. 100% Disk 100% Cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk 100% Cpu: So every sense the start of Monday I've been having my computer feel like its died it legit goes to a black screen and I have to wait and I open task manager while I use my computer now and its always at a constant 100% Disk & 100% Cpu. I've done a lot of research but nothing...
  10. CPU constantly at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU constantly at 100%: Being as stubborn as I am for Windows 7, I waited until the last possible second to upgrade to Windows 10. Now that I've upgraded, my CPU is constantly at or near 100% mainly by two processes listed as System and System Interrupts, both running 20-30% each. I looked around...