Windows 10: My PC is controlled by the school?

Discus and support My PC is controlled by the school? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am a student programmer and have been getting this notification whenever I try to compile codes on VS, etc : "your administrator requires a security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by C. Grace, Apr 1, 2021.

1. C. Grace Win User

My PC is controlled by the school?

I am a student programmer and have been getting this notification whenever I try to compile codes on VS, etc : "your administrator requires a security scan of this item. the scan could take up to 10 seconds"

My problem with this is that I am the administrator and in fact, the only user of my PC and when I research on this issue, most people established that receiving this prompt means that you are not the administrator.

This notification only started popping up after I installed Office360 and connected my school account to access those apps.
    I researched for the longest time and all forums suggest to sign out of all accounts like this site but it did not help: https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/Support/KB/Docs/HomePCsuddenlyreports

I tried everything I could find but the notification still pops up - just to clarify, the notification doesn't bother me - my main concern is that my PC could be handled by my school.

TL;DR How do I find out if my school is managing my PC, and if so, how do I stop them from doing so?

Many thanks for your time!

:)

C. Grace, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 1, 2021
  3. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 1, 2021
  4. My PC is controlled by the school?

Oblivion PC Xbox controller

Could someone suggest a way to use my xbox controller with the pc version of oblivion?

greenhouse, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

My PC is controlled by the school?

1. My PC is controlled by the school? - Similar Threads - controlled school

2. my screen is freezed and cant use my controls so what should i do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my screen is freezed and cant use my controls so what should i do: Hi there,My screen is freezed and can't use my controls so what should i do I Tried restarting my pc by long pressing the start button.But the problem seems to be continuing...
  3. My home PC settings are now controlled by my school. How do I get settings access back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My home PC settings are now controlled by my school. How do I get settings access back?: Some settings on my home PC are grayed out because they are "managed by your organization." I have a personal account and a school account. I've signed in to Windows 11 and Microsoft 365 apps using my personal account. I signed into Outlook using my personal account and added...
  4. My home PC settings are now controlled by my school. How do I get settings access back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My home PC settings are now controlled by my school. How do I get settings access back?: Some settings on my home PC are grayed out because they are "managed by your organization." I have a personal account and a school account. I've signed in to Windows 11 and Microsoft 365 apps using my personal account. I signed into Outlook using my personal account and added...
  5. How can I stop my family member adding her school account which I then have no control...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I stop my family member adding her school account which I then have no control...: How can I stop my family member adding her school account which I then have no control over? She has standard settings no admin rights. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-my-family-member-adding-her-school/76cd0480-8273-4cbe-818b-8a7fec04b263
  6. Can't get school controlled settings off my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get school controlled settings off my computer: I used my personal computer for grad school, and in doing so I had to allow my university access to my device. This made me create a pin and update it every so often. I have graduated and cannot change any settings to get the university off of my device and the pin...
  7. Can't get school controlled settings off my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get school controlled settings off my computer: I used my personal computer for grad school, and in doing so I had to allow my university access to my device. This made me create a pin and update it every so often. I have graduated and cannot change any settings to get the university off of my device and the pin...
  8. Can't get school controlled settings off my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. School account also controls personal account, unable to sync settings or change a number...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    School account also controls personal account, unable to sync settings or change a number...: Hey, I've recently lost control over a number of settings on my own PC thanks to my school account; Yet I don't use said school account anywhere but the E-mail client. I can't change any diagnostic settings, I'm unable to have my personal account sync to the servers and any...
  10. How do I get rod of my school email, it's controlling everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rod of my school email, it's controlling everything: I was trying to change my PIN, and it says "Sorry, PIN isn't working for your organization's resources." So I cluck on it to fix it, and it tells me to enter my password for my school email. I don't want my school email anywhere on my computer, let alone have it controlling...