Windows 10: My PC is cursed BSOD no matter what I do

Discus and support My PC is cursed BSOD no matter what I do in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About three months ago I upgraded the motherboard, CPU, RAM, and GPU in my computer. Everything was working perfectly until I accidentally shut it off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by recorderman13, Dec 31, 2020.

1. My PC is cursed BSOD no matter what I do

About three months ago I upgraded the motherboard, CPU, RAM, and GPU in my computer. Everything was working perfectly until I accidentally shut it off while Windows was updating rookie move, I know. Ever since, I've been getting all kinds of different BSOD's MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to these BSOD's. There's no overclocking, I could be playing a graphic intensive game or a non-GPU intensive game or just letting the computer idle on the Windows log in screen and it crashes. I've performed the following troubleshooting steps to no avail:

• Reinstalled Windows 10 at least 10 clean installs, redownloading the image each time
    • Updated Windows
    • Tried two older GPU drivers created more problems
    • Updated the BIOS caused the system to hang on the BIOS screen
    • I've run Memtest86 twice 4 passes each time, no errors
    • DISM sometimes it says files are corrupted, sometimes it completes successfully
    • SFC same as DISM, sometimes it shows no integrity violations, sometimes it doesn't
    • Replaced the CPU with the same model but new
    • Upgraded the hard drive from a 2.5" SATA to M.2 NVME
    • Made sure my wireless USB card, GPU, chipset, Realtek audio, and USB audio interface drivers are up to date
    • Reseated the RAM in the same slots and different slots twice
    • CHKDSK on both the old hard drive no errors and twice on the new M.2 SSD no errors and updated the firmware

I've built the gaming rig I've always wanted and can barely watch YouTube videos with it. I have no idea where to go from here other than to light the computer on fire and throw it out the window and start over. Last three dump files are here.

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7-9700K @ 3.60Ghz
    Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A
    RAM: XPG Spectrix D60 16GB 2x8GB
    SSD: WD Blue M.2 NVME 1TB
    GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

recorderman13, Dec 31, 2020

2. PC keeps killing my mice

i shall add your suggestion to the list. It will be at the very bottom.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Dec 31, 2020
  4. alexsubri Win User

My PC is cursed BSOD no matter what I do

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    My PC is cursed BSOD no matter what I do [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

My PC is cursed BSOD no matter what I do

1. My PC is cursed BSOD no matter what I do - Similar Threads - cursed BSOD matter

2. My PC keeps freezing and fully crashing no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps freezing and fully crashing no matter what I do.: Hey so with my PC I'm having a really weird issue I haven't been able to find answers for ANYWHERE. So previously, every time i'd boot up my PC for the first time in a day, it'd work perfectly fine but after a few minutes it'd freeze for a second or two with a static sound...
  3. My PC keeps freezing and fully crashing no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps freezing and fully crashing no matter what I do.: Hey so with my PC I'm having a really weird issue I haven't been able to find answers for ANYWHERE. So previously, every time i'd boot up my PC for the first time in a day, it'd work perfectly fine but after a few minutes it'd freeze for a second or two with a static sound...
  4. BSOD no matter what i do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD no matter what i do: BSOD titles range from Kernel_security_check_failure, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, and overran_stack Buffer. Posting one drive file link below. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqN--VqOO1f8unTcH2byidcg3twU?e=icztT4...
  5. I keep getting a BSOD no matter what.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep getting a BSOD no matter what.: No matter what I do to fix this I get a "system_service_exception", "system_thread_exception_not_handled", and multiple other BSODs no matter whether I update everything or install the newest drivers. I never see other people I know getting a BSOD no matter how long they've...
  6. My W10 pc won't start no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My W10 pc won't start no matter what I do: My pc wont start no matter what I do. It keeps showing "Your pc did not start correctly" and "start up repair couldnt repair your pc". I've tried different ways such as cmd and system restore but I dont have any restore points, same to system image recovery. I also reset my...
  7. My PC does not start Windows, no matter what I do

My PC does not start Windows, no matter what I do: Tonight it happened that my PC had some kind of problem (screen freeze) for no reason. I tried to turn it off and open it again, what I didn't know is that it led me to a big problem now that I try to fix it for 3-4 hours. Now, every time I try to open my PC, it starts...
  8. My PC does not turn on, no matter what I do

My PC does not turn on, no matter what I do: Tonight it happened that my PC had some kind of problem (screen freeze) for no reason. I tried to turn it off and open it again. Now, every time I try to open my PC, it starts normally and then turns off and reopens, but this time with a text that says 'Preparing the...
  9. Applied 1809 update and now PC will NOT boot, BSOD no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Applied 1809 update and now PC will NOT boot, BSOD no matter what I do.: I applied the update to 1809--at least that's what I THOUGHT it was. Upon the required reboot my PC goes to BSOD no matter what I try (0xC0000225 initially, now it's 0xC000000F on a black screen). I have tried several website suggestions to fix what appears to be a...
  10. My PC wont turn on no matter what I do

My PC wont turn on no matter what I do: Just tonight it happened for my PC to have some kind of problem ( Screen Freezing ) for no reason at all. I tried shutting it down and oppening it back again what I did not know is that lead me to a big problem now I have trying to fix for 3-4 hours. Now everytime I try to...