Windows 10: My PC is "dead" and can't get it to execute from flash drive

Discus and support My PC is "dead" and can't get it to execute from flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased Windows 10 and have the flash drive. My PC will not do anything but run diagnostics and comes up with the same screen of options. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RitaParis`, Mar 16, 2020.

1. My PC is "dead" and can't get it to execute from flash drive

I purchased Windows 10 and have the flash drive.

My PC will not do anything but run diagnostics and comes up with the same screen of options.

I had to create a Windows 10 boot file from my iMac.

When I load my Windows 10 flash drive on my PC and type "dir" from the command prompt, I get a listing of the files on the drive.

When I then reboot and boot from the flash drive, it will not execute the .exe file.

Help, how can I get this to work or is the problem that I created the boot file on an iMac and not a PC?

Thanks.

:)

RitaParis`, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

My PC is "dead" and can't get it to execute from flash drive

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

My PC is "dead" and can't get it to execute from flash drive

1. My PC is "dead" and can't get it to execute from flash drive - Similar Threads - dead can't execute

2. Flash Drive Suddenly Dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drive Suddenly Dead: Hello All Some reason one of my Flash Drives, this is a PNY 32gb model suddenly dead, won't read or show any partitions or files on it on any PC, Should i just buy some new ones for birthday at end of this month? Think i had the files on it backed up on another drive 174110
  3. Can't read flash drive

Can't read flash drive: I am suddenly having trouble reading two of my flash drives. They are both 32GB ADATA drives and were working yesterday but today I can't read either one. I've tried it from my USB hub and also directly in my laptop but in both cases, I just get "USB Drive (E:)" and "USB...
  4. Is my hard drive dead?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my hard drive dead?: Context: my computer is 12 years old and just recently when force shutting it down after it crashing from opening a program while making weird beeping noises whenever I press any keyboard input or click my mouse. When booted up, it seemed to be stuck on a black screen so I...
  5. PC not recognizing my flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not recognizing my flash drive: It shows that it is there and it says it is working but when I click on the symbol for my flash drive it says “please insert disk”. submitted by /u/C0nfusedBoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbg70w/pc_not_recognizing_my_flash_drive/
  6. Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to get Windows 10 passwords from the hard drive on a dead PC?: Hi there, I'd like to know if there's a way to retrieve different kind of passwords from a Windows 10 system drive (such as on PC with a dead motherboard), so I can install Windows and back up and restore the passwords on the new drive. I'm thinking of passwords for all...
  7. autorun of specific executable on usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    autorun of specific executable on usb flash drive: In windows 7, there is a checkbox i can click so windows will remember to launch a specific executable on a usb flash drive. but it seems in windows 10 this feature has disappeared. Can someone enlighten me so i get the same feature in Windows 10? This is very helpful for...
  8. can't write to or from a flash drive

can't write to or from a flash drive: after recent updates, I can't copy to/from my flash on my pc only , it works on another pc , it's formatted NTFS, I tried many things I changed the registry value and clear attributes from cmd. I checked the permission on my folders and I have full control to write and also...
  9. Flash drives are dead after running your update tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flash drives are dead after running your update tool: Hello Mrkvosoft, My dad asked me to reinstall his legal WIN10 system on his laptop as it is incredibly slow ever since he was forced to update from Win8. I used YOUR software from YOUR pages in order to download and create a bootable flash drive. Once the downloading was...
  10. App to get spreadsheets to open from flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    App to get spreadsheets to open from flash drive: I have a new dell Inspiron with Windows 10 and office suite. I plugged in a flash drive with spreadsheets on it. When I try to open them, Windows 10 TRIES to open them with Outlook 2016, and of course they won't open. WHICH APP is necessary to get these excel...