Windows 10: My pc is delaying input when I open a game

Discus and support My pc is delaying input when I open a game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone,So long story short, everytime I open a game let's take Overwatch 2, the game takes 5 minutes to open and while those 5 minutes, I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeremy Francoeur, Mar 18, 2023.

1. My pc is delaying input when I open a game

Hi everyone,So long story short, everytime I open a game let's take Overwatch 2, the game takes 5 minutes to open and while those 5 minutes, I cannot open new tabs on chrome, open the task manager and I can't even do control + alt + delete. But when the game finally launches, all my input that i've done all appear at the same time and everything else goes perfectly. I have no problem in-game, just when I load a game my pc enters like a freezing state. I can still scroll on twitter or watch my video on youtube BUT i cannot open a new tab it's gonna make chrome load foreverHere's everything

:)

Jeremy Francoeur, Mar 18, 2023

2. My pc is delaying input when I open a game

Hi everyone,

So long story short, everytime I open a game (let's take Overwatch 2), the game takes 5 minutes to open and while those 5 minutes, I cannot open new tabs on chrome, open the task manager and I can't even do control + alt + delete. But when the game finally launches, all my input that i've done all appear at the same time and everything else goes perfectly.

I have no problem in-game, just when I load a game my pc enters like a freezing state. I can still scroll on twitter or watch my video on youtube BUT i cannot open a new tab (it's gonna make chrome load forever)

Here's everything i've tried :

- uninstall/re-install
    - switch games from HDD to SSD

- defrag my HDD

- restart computer

- update windows

- update drivers

- scannow and check disck on cmd prompt

I'm running out of patience because it's only while loading the games (League, VALORANT, Overwatch 2, etc) that my computer bugs.

Thank you for your feedbacks

Jeremy Francoeur, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Tablet Input Panel not anywhere to be found

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Tablet PC Input Panel by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type
      Tablet PC Input Panel, and then, in the list of results, tap
      Tablet PC Input Panel

• Tap Tools, and then tap Exit.
    If you don't see the Exit option, do the following:

• Click Tools, and then tap
      Options

• In the Options dialog box, tap the
      Opening tab, clear the For tablet pen input,
      show the icon next to the text box
      and Use the Input Panel tab check boxes, and then tap
      OK.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you

JuzarAli1709, Mar 18, 2023
  4. PolisP Win User

My pc is delaying input when I open a game

Will a dual pc setup eliminate mouse input delay (Elgato HD60 Pro)

I have never owned and streamed with a dual pc setup (Elgato HD60 Pro), but streaming on a single pc setup theres tons of mouse input delay, will streaming with a dual pc setup eliminate the mouse input delay?

PolisP, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

My pc is delaying input when I open a game

1. My pc is delaying input when I open a game - Similar Threads - delaying input open

2. Input delay problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input delay problem: My computer that I recently bought has a problem with the keys having a huge input delay sometimes. My keyboard works just fine whenever I'm on a browser but sometimes the input lag is major whenever I'm playing games. This also happens with external keyboards. My computer...
  3. Input delay problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input delay problem: My computer that I recently bought has a problem with the keys having a huge input delay sometimes. My keyboard works just fine whenever I'm on a browser but sometimes the input lag is major whenever I'm playing games. This also happens with external keyboards. My computer...
  4. Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games: Hello,I have had keyboard input delay on my PC ever since I got it, about 2 years ago. It causes keyboard button presses to register late, or for longer than they are supposed to. This is especially noticeable while playing games but can happen anywhere as I have had a few...
  5. Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games

Keyboard Input Delay Problems in Games: Hello,I have had keyboard input delay on my PC ever since I got it, about 2 years ago. It causes keyboard button presses to register late, or for longer than they are supposed to. This is especially noticeable while playing games but can happen anywhere as I have had a few...
  6. My pc is delaying input when I open a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is delaying input when I open a game: Hi everyone,So long story short, everytime I open a game let's take Overwatch 2, the game takes 5 minutes to open and while those 5 minutes, I cannot open new tabs on chrome, open the task manager and I can't even do control + alt + delete. But when the game finally launches,...
  7. Input delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input delay: Hi, I'm told this is quite normal when contacting Windows but just want to be sure. When I start or restart windows 11, I get a 1-2 second delay till I can use my keyboard on the lock screen, this is because its still reconising all my drivers. If I enable fast start the...
  8. Input delay

Input delay: Hi, I'm told this is quite normal when contacting Windows but just want to be sure. When I start or restart windows 11, I get a 1-2 second delay till I can use my keyboard on the lock screen, this is because its still reconising all my drivers. If I enable fast start the...
  9. Input delay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input delay: Hi Im sorry i didnt find the minecraft section anyway i have been getting terrible input delay in minecraft windows 10 after the new update anyway i could fix this its ruining the game for me...
  10. Keyboard input delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard input delay: Hi, I am having a problem where when I move, in for example a video game or type on apps like Discord etc. My keyboard seems to register the keys I click 2 seconds or more after I press them. Sometimes I am not even holding any keys down, and my video game character seems...