Windows 10: My pc is destroyed after update.

Discus and support My pc is destroyed after update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After update I turned my pc on and it just continued to try and load. Did this a couple times. Tried to system.restore wouldn't let me. Tried to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CptCanada, Sep 7, 2019.

1. CptCanada Win User

My pc is destroyed after update.

After update I turned my pc on and it just continued to try and load. Did this a couple times. Tried to system.restore wouldn't let me. Tried to reset . Wouldn't let me. Tried all thru command prompt also. Rebooted a couple more times. Popped the battery a couple times. Now I can't even get to safe mode. Tells me there was a problem teying to atart windows and continuously shuts down. Like..................

:)

CptCanada, Sep 7, 2019
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Sep 7, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 7, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My pc is destroyed after update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. My pc is destroyed after update. - Similar Threads - destroyed update

2. Windows 10 Update Nearly Destroyed My PC. Help Me.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Nearly Destroyed My PC. Help Me.: This is long. Sorry about that.Hello,First and foremost, here are my specs:HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xxTotal memory : 32 GBAMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics Here is the issue:On the night of 06/08/2021, my pc was running PERFECTLY FINE. I put it on sleep mode...
  3. jut installed 21H1 win 19 update. It destroyed my desktop.and email and program ions. when...

jut installed 21H1 win 19 update. It destroyed my desktop.and email and program ions. when...: jut installed 21H1 win 19 update. It destroyed my desktop.and email and program ions. when Irfeboot ist ays preparing windows along wit dot circles. Ho to delete update. PC can'g be any orse...
  4. Recent update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update destroyed my computer: The most recent windows update has caused my windows to deactivate, cause my task bar, start up and search to stop working entirely. My recovery save is gone, I can not rollback to my previous windows update. I can't open up any up any thing other then settings and chrome. On...
  5. windows updates destroying my hard work

windows updates destroying my hard work: Yesterday I was working from 9am to around 11pm on windows 10. I went to sleep, to find out windows updated in the mean time. my question is - how come there was no warning? i was there 1h before the restart... no warning. lots of work lost. i can't remember which files were...
  6. The new update destroyed my drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new update destroyed my drivers: 2nd monitor not working, sound driver not working h el p submitted by /u/FrankoTheThird [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/md3ipl/the_new_update_destroyed_my_drivers/
  7. Windows update destroyed audio drivers/settings(more info in the comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update destroyed audio drivers/settings(more info in the comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/69aolo420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mc1wao/windows_update_destroyed_audio/
  8. Destructive Windows update - SSD destroyed - Quite the PITA

Destructive Windows update - SSD destroyed - Quite the PITA: I need to share my upgrade experience here as Microsoft has several failures here that need to be remedied and addressed, hopefully this feedback won't fall on deaf ears here on the community forums. I just completed another custom PC build for myself, re-used my Windows...
  9. Windows 10 Forced Update Destroyed My Harddrive. And the best solution provided is now I...

Windows 10 Forced Update Destroyed My Harddrive. And the best solution provided is now I...: Case Number is 1516583654. Microsoft made an automatic update last Saturday, January 16, 2021 on my Surface Pro 6. The tablet restarted and the update was occurring. At some point during the update, it went to a blue screen that provided an error message and a QR code to...
  10. Why does Windows Update destroy or corrupt the settings for things I tell the computer to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Windows Update destroy or corrupt the settings for things I tell the computer to...: Why does Windows Update destroy or corrupt the settings for things I tell the computer to do which are not default actions? I had AutoPlay set to open my flash drive whenever I inserted it. After an update, that quit working. To fix it, I had to go to the Control Panel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer destroyed after windows 10 update