Windows 10: My pc is destroyed after update.

Discus and support My pc is destroyed after update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After update I turned my pc on and it just continued to try and load. Did this a couple times. Tried to system.restore wouldn't let me. Tried to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CptCanada, Sep 7, 2019.

1. CptCanada Win User

My pc is destroyed after update.

After update I turned my pc on and it just continued to try and load. Did this a couple times. Tried to system.restore wouldn't let me. Tried to reset . Wouldn't let me. Tried all thru command prompt also. Rebooted a couple more times. Popped the battery a couple times. Now I can't even get to safe mode. Tells me there was a problem teying to atart windows and continuously shuts down. Like..................

:)

CptCanada, Sep 7, 2019
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Sep 7, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 7, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My pc is destroyed after update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. My pc is destroyed after update. - Similar Threads - destroyed update

2. Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?: Last Time I Updated My Computer It Made An Error The Error Said "Missing File: c:\windows\system32\winload.efi"But Luckily I Fixed It And Everything Is Now NormalBut Im Now Scared To Update My Computer Because Theres A Chance It May BreakAll I Want The Answer Is "Possible...
  3. Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?: Last Time I Updated My Computer It Made An Error The Error Said "Missing File: c:\windows\system32\winload.efi"But Luckily I Fixed It And Everything Is Now NormalBut Im Now Scared To Update My Computer Because Theres A Chance It May BreakAll I Want The Answer Is "Possible...
  4. Possible That Windows 10 Updates Can Destroy The Whole OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?: Your ****, you have destroyed my computer with your june update. All my games on steam won't work, you have removed my manual restore point and you are asking for serious trouble.You are **** **** Microsoft. I have had enough of your forced updates, your snooping, all if it....
  6. Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?

Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?: Your ****, you have destroyed my computer with your june update. All my games on steam won't work, you have removed my manual restore point and you are asking for serious trouble.You are **** **** Microsoft. I have had enough of your forced updates, your snooping, all if it....
  7. Why did your June update destroy my computer and steam games?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...: The title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-your-last-update-done-on-6242023-300-am/c8994029-ff91-4af4-a7ab-24af8666a274
  9. So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...

So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...: The title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-your-last-update-done-on-6242023-300-am/c8994029-ff91-4af4-a7ab-24af8666a274
  10. So your last update, done on 6/24/2023 @3:00 A.M. destroyed our computers. It made the hard...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer destroyed after windows 10 update