Windows 10: my pc is destroying my hard drives

Discus and support my pc is destroying my hard drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a computer one of my many computers and whenever i insert a hard drive into it the hard drive dies within the day and when i use the same model... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by someone-who-mods-windows, May 27, 2021.

1. my pc is destroying my hard drives

i have a computer one of my many computers and whenever i insert a hard drive into it the hard drive dies within the day and when i use the same model hard drive in another computer it works fine but when i use that hard drive in the hard drive killer computer POW YOU ARE DEAD

:)

someone-who-mods-windows, May 27, 2021

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 27, 2021
  3. little cat, May 27, 2021
  4. Mathragh Win User

my pc is destroying my hard drives

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, May 27, 2021
Thema:

my pc is destroying my hard drives

1. my pc is destroying my hard drives - Similar Threads - destroying hard drives

2. windows updates destroying my hard work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows updates destroying my hard work: Yesterday I was working from 9am to around 11pm on windows 10. I went to sleep, to find out windows updated in the mean time. my question is - how come there was no warning? i was there 1h before the restart... no warning. lots of work lost. i can't remember which files were...
  3. Windows destroyed my PC

Windows destroyed my PC: I installed windows 10 on my PC, everything went well, even the part of copying the files to the disk, after that, he restarted, made some settings, restarted again, but there was no image, until now this image and the pc is new, now what? what will it be? should it be a...
  4. Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive: I decided to encrypt my external hard drive, started it, but then it got stuck at 84.3% for three days now. I tried several times to pause and even turn off the encryption, but when I do, the Bitlocker Manager hangs. My Hard Disk was still accessible so I browsed through it...
  5. One Drive destroyed my desktop and files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One Drive destroyed my desktop and files: [ATTACH] I must have accidentally somehow selected to backup my entire computer to one drive and didn't even notice. Well I noticed when I was playing Rocket league and it was running very hot. I went and deselected the backup (after it was complete). I have no idea how...
  6. My pc is destroyed after update.

My pc is destroyed after update.: After update I turned my pc on and it just continued to try and load. Did this a couple times. Tried to system.restore wouldn't let me. Tried to reset . Wouldn't let me. Tried all thru command prompt also. Rebooted a couple more times. Popped the battery a couple times. Now...
  7. Windows 10 1809 Destroyed My Hard Drive OVER HEATING

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 Destroyed My Hard Drive OVER HEATING: please i need a link to windows 10 1803 for a usb drive first my dvd cd burner would not work i updated the driver the computer crashed the info said a hardware change caused the crash .then i got a new drive and installed 1809 now my pc over heating crashing what did you...
  8. Windows 10 1809 Destroyed My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 Destroyed My Hard Drive: please i need a link to windows 10 1803 for a usb drive first my dvd cd burner would not work i updated the driver the computer crashed the info said a hardware change caused the crash .then i got a new drive and installed 1809 now my pc over heating crashing what did you...
  9. My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC: [ATTACH] I worked fine before. I even tried using other USB port but still it does not display! Not even safe mode, restarting, checking for hardware change....
  10. Windows 10 destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 destroyed my pc: Hi Windows 10 has been good to from the start to the latest updates. First it wouldn't let me use my keyboard anymore, and yes it works on any other computer I have. From yesterday until to day, it won't start anymore. Windows 7, here I come again. It is an old...