Windows 10: My PC is frozen on login screen.

Discus and support My PC is frozen on login screen. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After exiting out of my account on the computer i just switched it to another account to let the password be entered. Its been frozen for a day now and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JimothyPepper, Jul 24, 2020.

1. My PC is frozen on login screen.

After exiting out of my account on the computer i just switched it to another account to let the password be entered. Its been frozen for a day now and im not sure what the problem is.

submitted by /u/JimothyPepper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JimothyPepper, Jul 24, 2020

2. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Jul 26, 2020
  3. ericnixmd Win User
    Login Screen - Frozen Forcing Hard Reboot

On two separate occasions over the past month (the last being 2018-02-27 around 1830hrs), I've locked my computer using the Windows+L option only to return to find it frozen. I use Dell's Security Tools (DDP Console) on my Precision 3520 laptop for FIPS fingerprint identification for login.

With both occasions, when I attempt to login with my fingerprint, it is not recognized and nothing happens. If I click the login screen and type my password, I get the spinning login circle that does not go away. The first time I let it try to login for >10 minutes. Yesterday I rebooted the computer after about a minute. Each time the system becomes unresponsive and requires holding down the power key to restart.

I'm running a lot of programs (see below) when this occurs.

My system information is:
    • Dell Precision 3520
    • Intel Xeon E3-1505M v6 @ 3.00 GHz
    • 32 GB ECC Memory
    • 480 GB SSD
    • Windows 10 Pro Workstation Edition

Programs running at the time:
    • Amazon Music
    • Philips Device Control Center (for a SpeechMike Premium Air dictation microphone)
    • Nuance Dragon Medical Practice Edition v4 (based on Dragon Profession v15.1)
    • Citrix Receiver v4.11.0.17061 (network connection to my hospital's electronic medical record; Epic)
    • Microsoft Outlook 2016 (whatever the latest version with Outlook 365 is; can't find version number)
    • +/- Google Chrome
    • Dropbox 43.4.50

I've enclosed the recommended log files. Any help would be appreciated as this is a major pain to reboot during the middle of an active shift in a very busy emergency department.

Thanks!

ericnixmd, Jul 26, 2020
  4. regan1985 Win User

My PC is frozen on login screen.

login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

My PC is frozen on login screen.

1. My PC is frozen on login screen. - Similar Threads - frozen login screen

2. My monitor is frozen and I can’t login to my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor is frozen and I can’t login to my pc.: My monitor screen is frozen and I can’t login to my PC or even shutdown the computer properly. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-is-frozen-and-i-cant-login-to-my-pc/4f2c236b-6c40-497f-b11c-e4fbac52543b
  3. My monitor is frozen and I can’t login to my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor is frozen and I can’t login to my pc.: My monitor screen is frozen and I can’t login to my PC or even shutdown the computer properly. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-is-frozen-and-i-cant-login-to-my-pc/4f2c236b-6c40-497f-b11c-e4fbac52543b
  4. My monitor is frozen and I can’t login to my pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New PC Frozen on this Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC Frozen on this Screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jnes1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxz5uo/new_pc_frozen_on_this_screen/
  6. My pc screen is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    My pc screen is frozen: Last pm my desktop HP Windows 10 had a frozen screen. I have explained in part what I have tried. I have worked for hours with nothing happening. I used a google search to do many things that were suggested. Pressed Esc 2 times, tried Alt ctrl delete- finally the screen with...
  7. My PC frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC frozen: I recently notice my PC getting freeze and I have to cold reboot my laptop to unfrozen, I know this is not healthy for the hard drive, what can I do to stop my pc to freeze? I'll appreciate any feeback....
  8. Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen: Recently I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 however this caused several issues with my laptop so I reversed the upgrade back to 8.1. My Kaspersky AntiVirus would then not work leaving just a blank logo on my desktop. I tried to uninstall kaspersky using the uninstall...
  9. Keyboard frozen on login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard frozen on login screen: Hi, please can someone help me out? I haven't used my dell inspiron laptop for a month or so, turned it on yesterday and it did some sort of upgrade which took a while. Eventually took me to my Windows 10 login page. I could move the cursor around and use the tab key and...
  10. Windows 10 login screen is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 login screen is frozen: Hello! I would be very grateful if you can help me. I have Windows 10 on my laptop. Today I switched it on, the welcome screen did not appeared as usual but the login/password screen showed instead. However I cannot type the password, cannot select the power button or...