Windows 10: My pc is having freezing problems I am not aware why.

Discus and support My pc is having freezing problems I am not aware why. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello wizards of the world, I have been having this freezing problem and it wasnt bad first year or two, but after a lan party I attended it is really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eldubs, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Eldubs Win User

My pc is having freezing problems I am not aware why.

Hello wizards of the world, I have been having this freezing problem and it wasnt bad first year or two, but after a lan party I attended it is really bad, freezing multiple times in a span of 30 minutes and I dont know the cause for this, I am not a technician or anything but I know basics so please help me solve this if you can, thank you people. A screen of speccy for some specs on my pc:

My pc is having freezing problems I am not aware why. [​IMG]

Edit: Instantly understood to inform of what kind of freezes these are, I think the windows crashes and I can move my mouse etc, but if I click a program its starts to be non responsive, the freezing stops after a minute or 30 sec.

:)

Eldubs, Aug 12, 2016

2. I am having problems with my laptop am i am not sure what it is

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

Method: 1

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 12, 2016
  3. I am having problems with my laptop am i am not sure what it is

I am using yahoo

I ran the troubleshooting test and it said that it couldn't identify the

problem

I think I did the following test properly.

What should I do now ?

Timothy_Khan, Aug 12, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Eldubs,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Did you try a System File Check?
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it is finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at %systemroot%\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Make a photo of SFC and post it.

5. Eldubs Win User

Same result before and after reboot.

Eldubs, Aug 13, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Try a Clean Boot, if that works, add one startup item at a time rebooting each time until computer starts freezing then you will know the problematic program

spunk, Aug 13, 2016
  7. Eldubs Win User
    Ok it looks like the freezing is gone by first glances, I will start enabling some features gradually and see how it works out, will post here later today.

Also how important are some of these things? When I tried to launch steam it told me I have an older version of windows so I cant use it but it still started up, whats up with that?

Eldubs, Aug 13, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Because you have its startup item enabled.

9. Eldubs Win User
    No, I meant that I launched it manually it told me about "old windows version" I clicked no and steam still launched.

Had one freeze today, but it was a little different, will keep monitoring. Thanks for the help everyone.

Eldubs, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My pc is having freezing problems I am not aware why. - Similar Threads - having freezing problems

2. I am having problems with this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having problems with this: I am having problems with thisntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+228859 fffff806`28000000 fffff806`29047000 0x01047000 0x7d02613e 6/17/2036 5:32:46 AM Idk if its the reason I keep crashing but whenever I am playing a game my pc will freeze for a bit then bluescreen giving me a DPC...
  3. I am having problems with this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having problems with this: I am having problems with thisntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+228859 fffff806`28000000 fffff806`29047000 0x01047000 0x7d02613e 6/17/2036 5:32:46 AM Idk if its the reason I keep crashing but whenever I am playing a game my pc will freeze for a bit then bluescreen giving me a DPC...
  4. I am having a problem with my PC input drifting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having a problem with my PC input drifting randomly: I have a problem with my computer, I seem to have some sort of input drifting let me explain, most of the time my inputs work just fine but once in a while my keyboard would would do something like this "ddddddddddd" than stop, worst of all when this happens I cant do...
  5. I am having a problem with my PC input drifting randomly

I am having a problem with my PC input drifting randomly: I have a problem with my computer, I seem to have some sort of input drifting let me explain, most of the time my inputs work just fine but once in a while my keyboard would would do something like this "ddddddddddd" than stop, worst of all when this happens I cant do...
  6. I have not installed any Xbox games/programs on my PC that I am aware of, so why is the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have not installed any Xbox games/programs on my PC that I am aware of, so why is the...: I was looking into why my 500GB M.2 boot drive is getting low on disk space. I have my computer configured so that most of my Personal Folders Music, Pictures, Downloads, etc are on their own SSD. Additionally, most of the programs I have installed are configured to have all...
  7. I have not installed any Xbox games/programs on my PC that I am aware of, so why is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have not installed any Xbox games/programs on my PC that I am aware of, so why is the...: I was looking into why my 500GB M.2 boot drive is getting low on disk space. I have my computer configured so that most of my Personal Folders Music, Pictures, Downloads, etc are on their own SSD. Additionally, most of the programs I have installed are configured to have all...
  8. I have not installed any Xbox games/programs on my PC that I am aware of, so why is the...

9. I am having a problem with my webmail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am having a problem with my webmail.: My webmail account keeps telling me I have folders that I can't find. Recently, because Outlook kept disappearing from my desktop, a Microsoft tech uninstalled and reinstalled 365. This has happened before with no problems but this time I lost half of my folders and the...
  10. I am having problems with my display!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am having problems with my display!: In many apps from Microsoft Store as well as desktop apps such as WhatsApp Desktop, Teams app, Edge, Chrome, etc. having their text blurring and when I move my cursor towards them then it is clearly visible. Also, whenever I play any video on edge or chrome or even in the...