Windows 10: My pc is killing me

Discus and support My pc is killing me in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; 2 quick notes: Specs for the scenarios are at the bottom. And I have gotten a ram problem before, I just replaced the bad stick. Ok, so not too long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pleasehelp980, Jun 14, 2020.

1. My pc is killing me

2 quick notes: Specs for the scenarios are at the bottom. And I have gotten a ram problem before, I just replaced the bad stick.

Ok, so not too long ago. About 2 days, I went into the bios on my windows 10 home machine, and enabled virtualization. I did this to run a VM on my computer. But I wont get into that.

After enabling virtualization, saving the settings, and restarting the machine. It booted, I logged in to windows and it restarted 2 times (quick) by itself. Then, after around 20 seconds after the second restart my pc gave me a bsod that said: "Page Fault In Nonpaged Area". That indicates that maybe the ram is faulty. Not really sure about that, but I proceed to boot the machine again. So my pc goes to the login screen, and I then log into it. I watch the desktop for a couple seconds; nothing happens. I then proceed to search for the Windows Memory Diagnosis tool to diagnose the ram, and the second it starts. The diagnostic tool is saying it's got problems. After it's done. I try to reboot but, I get an error that I don't understand that well, but is it saying it can't find my 32gb of ram?? Anyways here's the image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2/721822215707951174/JPEG_20200611_172403.jpg

I was done with the computer that night, so I didn't touch it until the next day.

Next day I boot the computer and stay at the desktop for around 20 ish seconds. Then I get a 100% black screen for 1.5 seconds. And my gpus working @ 100% load. "Wierd, I wonder".... and the computer crashes, giving me the bsod: "Memory management". Which I'm not sure what is. Later I decide to go onto the bios again, and disabling virtualization there. And so I boot the thing again, this time again after some seconds at the desktop I get the bsod: "kmode_exception_not_handled". That bsod says the file "Netio.sys" is to blame. I decide to boot once more, because I'm curious. Same story after boot: Desktop > 20 Seconds > Bsod > and the bsod was: "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER". Not sure what that is either. What causes all THIS??? I just want to play with budds!

⚠️Now for what I'm running n' stuff:⚠️

How setup looks (yes very important): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/676109408576733252/721830579225493604/20200414_174635.jpg

Pictures of bsod(s) and errors I've gotten out of this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2/721830834906333214/JPEG_20200611_163109.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/676109408576733252/721830806858891274/20200611_162424.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/676109408576733252/721830903642587247/20200611_184637.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...764766/Screenshot_20200614-230158_Gallery.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...002818/Screenshot_20200614-230213_Gallery.jpg

(I just did discord, hope it won't bother)

My specs: - Windows 10 home - rtx 2080 super - ryzen 5 3600 (non x) - HyperX Fury 2666mhz 32gb ram - motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING, Socket-AM4

My speculations: Motherboard fault? Or maybe drivers?

And what do I do now, let the computer sit. Try troubleshooting it, or what. I don't want to corrupt windows by making it go off so violently.

Ok so my questions are, why did enabling virtualization make my pc go creazy? What is causing the failures, and how can this even happen in the first place? Is there a simple way to fix all this, or do I need to send it in?

Thanks reddit

submitted by /u/pleasehelp980
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pleasehelp980, Jun 14, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 killed my pc!

Hi Mike,

From the information you have provided, we're not sure if Windows logged in successfully after the upgrade. If Windows had gone to a black screen even before logging in to your user profile, we would have access to limited tools to troubleshoot this issue.
    So I would suggest you try these steps and check if they help:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
      • If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command in

• If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add
    • This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

If the above steps didn't help, then I would suggest you try the following steps and check:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.
      • Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Bennet Martin, Jun 14, 2020
  4. My pc is killing me

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

My pc is killing me

1. My pc is killing me - Similar Threads - killing

2. How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?: [IMG]In this post, we are going to show you how to create an internet kill switch on Windows 11/10. It is mostly used in a panic situation when you need to disconnect your internet quickly. Thus, it is also known as a Panic Button. What is the kill switch on Windows internet?...
  3. Microsoft is killing off support for the WSA. Would all Android apps, including apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is killing off support for the WSA. Would all Android apps, including apps...: I had seen Microsoft trying to shut down the WSA, with the Amazon Appstore comes undownloadable.Is the bomb's ticking on the subsystem? Would the WSA refuses to launch? Does Amazon apps guaranteed to no longer function past the line MS had drawn on the Amazon Appstore EOL?If...
  4. Microsoft is killing off support for the WSA. Would all Android apps, including apps...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft is killing off support for the WSA. Would all Android apps, including apps...: I had seen Microsoft trying to shut down the WSA, with the Amazon Appstore comes undownloadable.Is the bomb's ticking on the subsystem? Would the WSA refuses to launch? Does Amazon apps guaranteed to no longer function past the line MS had drawn on the Amazon Appstore EOL?If...
  5. When I connect my bluetooth headphone it slow or basically kill my internet connection ETHERNET

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I connect my bluetooth headphone it slow or basically kill my internet connection ETHERNET: Hello, I have 2 problems.So 1. I bought bluetooth headphones for my PC when I paired and connected them to PC I have like really low signal I need to be litterally with my head next to my case basically touching it with my cheek to have good connection after I put my head...
  6. When I connect my bluetooth headphone it slow or basically kill my internet connection ETHERNET

When I connect my bluetooth headphone it slow or basically kill my internet connection ETHERNET: Hello, I have 2 problems.So 1. I bought bluetooth headphones for my PC when I paired and connected them to PC I have like really low signal I need to be litterally with my head next to my case basically touching it with my cheek to have good connection after I put my head...
  7. Windows update KB5034763 killed my Wi-Fi Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update KB5034763 killed my Wi-Fi Connection: Prompted me for restart but killed my WiFi in the meantime, multiple times.There is absolutely no reason why Windows Update should touch anything to do with my hardware and force me to reconnect to WiFi.Garbage, poorly tested & rushed update from Microsoft... as usual....
  8. Windows update KB5034763 killed my Wi-Fi Connection

Windows update KB5034763 killed my Wi-Fi Connection: Prompted me for restart but killed my WiFi in the meantime, multiple times.There is absolutely no reason why Windows Update should touch anything to do with my hardware and force me to reconnect to WiFi.Garbage, poorly tested & rushed update from Microsoft... as usual....
  9. Windows update KB5034763 killed my Wi-Fi Connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows Update killed various apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update killed various apps: Installed the latest Windows update last week. Now after rebooting, Firefox refuses to load, saying it's already open, and Discord won't load, claiming a fatal Javascript error, and now Windows Search won't even locate the Discord app. I've even tried reinstalling windows,...