Windows 10: My pc is "locked" and I don't know password

Discus and support My pc is "locked" and I don't know password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My PC is "locked" and I don't know pass word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chuckhorn, Jul 3, 2020.

1. chuckhorn Win User

My pc is "locked" and I don't know password

My PC is "locked" and I don't know pass word

:)

chuckhorn, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Zh98 Win User

Locked out of Windows 10 & I don't know the PIN nor the password

Here is the thing, I've forgotten my administrator account password and the PIN to log in to my laptop. Usually I use the fingerprint option but it said it couldn't recognize my fingerprint so now it requires the password or the PIN.

I already triet booting in safe mode but everything requires a password that I don't know, even the Command Prompt.

So basically I'm locked out.

Any suggestions?

Zh98, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Unable to change the password on my Local PC Windows 10 lock screen.

Thanks for the suggestion but I have already changed my Microsoft password following those exact steps in the link. I was able to successfully change my Microsoft password but that doesn't do anything to the local screen lock password on my pc. That
    password is still the same and was set up before I got Windows 10 last year. When I enter ctrl, atl, delete I don't get the option to change my password like in previous Windows versions.

Garrett555, Jul 3, 2020
  4. My pc is "locked" and I don't know password

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

My pc is "locked" and I don't know password

1. My pc is "locked" and I don't know password - Similar Threads - locked don't password

2. Just brought a PC from my work and they don't know the password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just brought a PC from my work and they don't know the password: G'day Just got a Windows 10 pc from my work and there are profiles with files but I don't know the passwords and I'm worried about what files could be on there or are needed.Please help....
  3. I don't know the Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know the Administrator Password: How do you reset the Administrator password of a laptop I have no clue what it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-the-administrator-password/f2c469a8-75ad-462c-b7f6-be42b52b77a2
  4. I don't know the Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't know the Administrator Password: How do you reset the Administrator password of a laptop I have no clue what it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-the-administrator-password/f2c469a8-75ad-462c-b7f6-be42b52b77a2
  5. I don't know the Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Resetting PC By People who Don't Know Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting PC By People who Don't Know Password: How Can I stop people from resetting the laptop without my password . My friends many times took my laptop and as they didnt know the password the reset the PC from System Recovery Option from boot OR Enter a Windows Disk and re-install the windows and access all the files...
  7. I Don't Know Password to Decrypt file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Don't Know Password to Decrypt file: I have encrypte one folder and i archive as a rar file...after that i know the password for extract but i don't know the password for encrypting file...how to recover it? [Original Title: Password]...
  8. My pc is "locked" and I don't know password

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc is "locked" and I don't know password: My PC is "locked" and I don't know password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-locked-and-i-dont-know-password/e9a45bb9-2710-45a9-8aef-1dc93298dd31
  9. Locked out of Windows 10 & I don't know the PIN nor the password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Windows 10 & I don't know the PIN nor the password: Here is the thing, I've forgotten my administrator account password and the PIN to log in to my laptop. Usually I use the fingerprint option but it said it couldn't recognize my fingerprint so now it requires the password or the PIN. I already triet booting in safe mode but...
  10. PC Login, don't know password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC Login, don't know password: I was troubleshooting some false positive flags with my antivirus provider. They had me download and run a removal program. I ran said program and my PC restarted instantly, during the restart it stated unable to save changes, please do not turn off your pc (or something to...