Windows 10: My pc is locked to the wrong resolution, has white stripes all over it and can’t detect my...

Discus and support My pc is locked to the wrong resolution, has white stripes all over it and can’t detect my... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’m running windows 10 64-bit. My pc froze yesterday and displayed different colors with white marks in it (pic1). After i restarted my computer it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Spicy0814, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Spicy0814 Win User

My pc is locked to the wrong resolution, has white stripes all over it and can’t detect my...

I’m running windows 10 64-bit.

My pc froze yesterday and displayed different colors with white marks in it (pic1). After i restarted my computer it went back to normal and didn’t freeze. Then today it froze similar to the one yesterday and i tried restarting it again. After restarting my pc it only displayed and set to 800x600 (locked) and had white horizontal lines all over it (pic2). I tried to restart my pc again and it went back to normal but froze again after a matter of minutes. Again i restarted my pc and it went back into 800x600 and white lines. I tried looking up the problem and got the idea dusting off my pc and looking for new drivers (both for my Nvidia graphics card and windows). I found some new drivers and downloaded them, and once again i restarted my pc. Nothing changed.

I got no ideas left so please help!

Thanks in advance!

My pc is locked to the wrong resolution, has white stripes all over it and can’t detect my... 5e2a88a6-757a-421d-b1df-11782458b7f2?upload=true.jpg
    My pc is locked to the wrong resolution, has white stripes all over it and can’t detect my... [​IMG]

:)

Spicy0814, Nov 6, 2019

2. White stripe over header of cetain apps in Win10 and Win7

Hi, we are facing a little problem with white stripe at top over certain apps like: Chrone, Windows Explorer, Edge, Mozilla, Adobre Reader etc...

We tried to install latest drivers: driver of GPU, BIOS etc. White stripe goes off only when restart, change driver for GPU, change monitors settings or restart service dwm.exe

White stripe show only on maximized window when we go to window mode, stripe goes away but when we go back to maximized windows, stripe is back. Stripe is not showing always but time to time, usually one time per day or two but mostly only restart helps.

Any suggestions?

Here is how it looks (maximized windows of Mozzila):

My pc is locked to the wrong resolution, has white stripes all over it and can’t detect my... 3717173e-fa60-4008-a054-2e4f91916509?upload=true.png

User_Arkan, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Jon Doe Win User
    Wrong monitor resolution when using KVM switch

Hi,
    When using Win10 with my monitor it correctly sets the resolution to 1360x768.
    When I use my KVM switch it changes the resolution to 1024x768 which looks all wrong. I try to manually change the resolution but 1360x768 is not on the list. I have unchecked the "hide modes" in the advanced monitor setting but still no 1360x768.
    The other PC connected to the KVM switch is running XP and that works fine on 1360x768 so I know the KVM is capable of using this setting.
    How can I fix this?
    I was thinking there must be a way of manually setting and locking the resolution or turning of the auto monitor detection.

I did some googling and found a program which looked like it would help but not for the Intel chipset (using on board graphics).

Many thanks

JD

Jon Doe, Nov 6, 2019
  4. My pc is locked to the wrong resolution, has white stripes all over it and can’t detect my...

Bitlocker login with orange screen and white stripes

Hi,

Even i am running into the same orange screen with white stripe issue.

I have bitlocker enabled on my PC as well. Its a Dell, i5, windows 10 laptop.

Sachesh Chandrangathan, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

My pc is locked to the wrong resolution, has white stripes all over it and can’t detect my...

1. My pc is locked to the wrong resolution, has white stripes all over it and can’t detect my... - Similar Threads - locked wrong resolution

2. Can’t use my pc at all?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t use my pc at all?: Hi, so a couple days back my PC was working just fine. I left it alone for a day, not touching it, and when I came back the next day, it was messed up. It kept booting into auto repair mode, and no troubleshooting option worked. I finally was able to disable the auto repair...
  3. Can’t use my pc at all?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t use my pc at all?: Hi, so a couple days back my PC was working just fine. I left it alone for a day, not touching it, and when I came back the next day, it was messed up. It kept booting into auto repair mode, and no troubleshooting option worked. I finally was able to disable the auto repair...
  4. White dots appear all over my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White dots appear all over my windows: The title says it all.. It's not a dead pixels issue, it's a software issue i believe.these white dots appear when i open similar windows, see this screenshot where they disappear:it only happens in some applications.....
  5. White dots appear all over my windows

White dots appear all over my windows: The title says it all.. It's not a dead pixels issue, it's a software issue i believe.these white dots appear when i open similar windows, see this screenshot where they disappear:it only happens in some applications.....
  6. my pc detects a wrong pu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc detects a wrong pu: i have a rtx 3080 LHR but my pc detects an AMD radeon 8 anyone know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-detects-a-wrong-pu/6c4b9497-f1f0-4c41-be77-93dfe352e3c4
  7. my pc detects a wrong pu

my pc detects a wrong pu: i have a rtx 3080 LHR but my pc detects an AMD radeon 8 anyone know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-detects-a-wrong-pu/6c4b9497-f1f0-4c41-be77-93dfe352e3c4
  8. my pc detects a wrong pu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Orange screen with white stripes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Orange screen with white stripes: Hi! I've recently installed Windows 10 x32 on my laptop using a DVD. I want to upgrade to x64 (and yes, this laptop is compatible with x64. In fact, it used to be x64) but everytime I boot into the x64 DVD, it just displays an empty blinking underline for a couple of minutes...
  10. Display on my laptop has green and pink stripes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display on my laptop has green and pink stripes.: Immediately following a Windows update the Display on my laptop has been showing green and pink stripes. So everything I look at has stripes. It also seems that the colors are grayed out - like there are no 'reds' in the mix. Any thoughts? Do I need to buy a new laptop?...