Windows 10: My PC is making an error noise every half hour

Discus and support My PC is making an error noise every half hour in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every so often my PC is making what sounds like an error noise. I have Windows 10. No apps are running, I've updated and have restarted and still it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristinaDeWitt, Sep 1, 2019.

1. My PC is making an error noise every half hour

Every so often my PC is making what sounds like an error noise. I have Windows 10. No apps are running, I've updated and have restarted and still it persists. Is anyone else experiencing this and what do I do about it?

:)

ChristinaDeWitt, Sep 1, 2019

2. After Anniversary Update every half an hour or so or computer freezes and makes a whirring noise.

After installing the Anniversary Update download today, my computer has gone completely haywire and it either freezes every half an hour or so or it freezes and makes a whirring noise. Its a relatively
    new HP Envy and its never had any problems before and I'm not really sure whats wrong. Is anybody else facing a similar problem?

Valisneria, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Computer makes noises

I don't store any music on my computer. It makes 3 long noises you would hear in a hearing test, stays silent for a moment, and then makes 5 short noises. It would repeat 3-5 times.

My computer says my PC needs to be repaired. It says I have missing data or an error.

Guidelines, Sep 1, 2019
  4. My PC is making an error noise every half hour

After Anniversary Update every half an hour or so or computer freezes and makes a whirring noise.

Hi Valisneria,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt system files or possibility there is a virus in the system.

So to diagnose whether the system is virus free and there are no corruptions, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try running System Maintenance Troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. Please follow the steps given below.

Run inbuilt system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on System maintenance and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: System maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files and shortcuts that you clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2: I would also suggest you to do a clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

If the issue persists, follow method 3

Method 3: Run a full computer scan with the Microsoft Safety Scanner to make sure that the computer is virus free.

Microsoft Safety Scanner, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

If the issue still persists, follow method 4

Method 4: I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the
    below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Write to us with the status of the issues experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

My PC is making an error noise every half hour

1. My PC is making an error noise every half hour - Similar Threads - making error noise

2. BSOD with Event ID 15 TPM every half an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with Event ID 15 TPM every half an hour: Hi,It's been a year since my PC randomly went to BSOD every half an hour.So now I want to get rid of it as it is so annoying and distracts me.I checked Event Viewer and said it was the problem of "TPM" with an error message of "The device driver for the Trusted Platform...
  3. PC makes beeping noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC makes beeping noise: pc making periodic beeping noise for no apparent reason. Two tones, one higher than other, followed shortly after by same two tones in reverse order, lower then higher. Does this consistently, with a minute or so before tones are repeated. Never did this before. Using HP...
  4. PC makes beeping noise

PC makes beeping noise: pc making periodic beeping noise for no apparent reason. Two tones, one higher than other, followed shortly after by same two tones in reverse order, lower then higher. Does this consistently, with a minute or so before tones are repeated. Never did this before. Using HP...
  5. PC has bluescreened on average every half hour today.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has bluescreened on average every half hour today.: I've been able to use a few previous windows support articles to narrow down that it is a USB error of some sort. For right now I have 3 minidumps uploaded here, all were from today. What I don't understand is that I don't have a USB hub so I cannot to save my life figure out...
  6. PC has bluescreened on average every half hour today.

PC has bluescreened on average every half hour today.: I've been able to use a few previous windows support articles to narrow down that it is a USB error of some sort. For right now I have 3 minidumps uploaded here, all were from today. What I don't understand is that I don't have a USB hub so I cannot to save my life figure out...
  7. PC has bluescreened on average every half hour today.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD every half an hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD every half an hour: Hello, I'm getting a Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD every half an hour without fail. It's been going on for about a week now and nothing has fixed it. I've updated all my drivers, all my apps, updated windows, etc. I've re-installed a lot of drivers and cleaned old...
  9. My PC is making crackling noises!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC is making crackling noises!: My PC is making crackling noises, at first I was freaked out, but I figured out a trick that will stop it for a day or 2, but that stopped working. I've had this PC for a little over a year now, I don't want to buy a new one cause my dad bought me this and he said not to ruin...
  10. PC keeps freezing every half hour

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps freezing every half hour: Hello, A few days ago I noticed that my computer kept on freezing for about a second every 20-60 minutes. After it freezes, everything goes back to normal. I noticed that in Event Viewer, since October 22nd (which is around the time when I noticed it freezing), every now and...