Windows 10: My pc is missing some usb drivers.

Discus and support My pc is missing some usb drivers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My pc has three usb ports. and only two work. I checked the device manager to see if it was a driver issue it seems to only have about two of each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SandyPlayz86, Oct 16, 2020.

1. My pc is missing some usb drivers.

My pc has three usb ports. and only two work. I checked the device manager to see if it was a driver issue it seems to only have about two of each driver for a usb. is there any way to recover the other driver?

A little description:

My pc is a hand-me-down. and I've upgraded some of the parts myself.

A long time ago i accidently stopped it from reinstalling a driver. and it never did reinstall.

if there any way to recover or install new drivers that will work? its been months since it happened and I've been racking my brain my brain thinking about it and searching the web.

I would appreciate any help with this matter as it is tiring to only use two ports at once and having to pull one usb or external device out to plug in a new one.

:)

SandyPlayz86, Oct 16, 2020

2. Hp Envy Driver missing

Hi Mohsin,

• Are you referring the missing driver as the High Definition Audio device
      with a yellow mark in the screenshot?

This issue could have happened due to corrupted driver files. Let's try reinstalling the driver and check if the driver can be recovered. Follow the below steps to re-install the driver.

• As you are already on the device manager, right-click on High Definition Audio device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the below steps to run the Hardware troubleshooter;

• Type troubleshooting in the search tool.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and
      Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware
      and Device Troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I Need SM-USB 007 Driver

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 16, 2020
  4. My pc is missing some usb drivers.

Hp Envy particular driver is missing

Hi,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you facing sound issues with the PC? If yes, can you elaborate the exact issue faced by you?
    • Have you installed the latest Anniversary Update?

As per the information provided, I can see that under Device Manager your Audio Drivers are displayed which indicates that the driver for the same is installed and not missing.

I suggest that you right click on the driver I question, select Properties . General tab > check if there are any errors that display under the Driver Status dialog box.

Also if the have installed the Anniversary Update, I suggest that you download the drivers for 8/8.1 and installed the same in Compatibility Mode.

Step 1: Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

Step 2: Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Step 3: Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

My pc is missing some usb drivers.

1. My pc is missing some usb drivers. - Similar Threads - missing usb drivers

2. Missing driver for usb microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing driver for usb microphone: I brought a new usb gaming microphone however when I go into device manager the microphone comes up as Lcs usb audio device and when I double click on it, it shows it doesn’t have a driver installed, I click on update and search online for driver. And it tried to install usb...
  3. Missing driver for usb microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing driver for usb microphone: I brought a new usb gaming microphone however when I go into device manager the microphone comes up as Lcs usb audio device and when I double click on it, it shows it doesn’t have a driver installed, I click on update and search online for driver. And it tried to install usb...
  4. USB Drivers missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Drivers missing: I am using Windows 10 Home. The operating system and associated files are on Drive C:, the majority of software and data files are on DriveD: The system has ceased to recognise USB devices, either memory sticks, external drives, etc. The usual audio signal is sounded when...
  5. USB Drivers missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Drivers missing: I am using Windows 10 Home. The operating system and associated files are on Drive C:, the majority of software and data files are on DriveD: The system has ceased to recognise USB devices, either memory sticks, external drives, etc. The usual audio signal is sounded when...
  6. USB Drivers missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB to HDMI driver missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to HDMI driver missing: I recently purchased a USB to HDMI adapter for duel monitor display, but it isn't working and windows doesn't recognize any other displays. Upon closer inspection my computer seems to be lacking the driver for USB to HDMI. Where can I find the driver to install?...
  8. USB to HDMI driver missing

USB to HDMI driver missing: I recently purchased a USB to HDMI adapter for duel monitor display, but it isn't working and windows doesn't recognize any other displays. Upon closer inspection my computer seems to be lacking the driver for USB to HDMI. Where can I find the driver to install?...
  9. Some of my drivers are missing in windows 10

Some of my drivers are missing in windows 10: After 2004 windows 10 update some of my driver are not working like audio, Bluetooth, camera and many more please tell me how I can update driver...
  10. Missing usb driver

Missing usb driver: One of my usb ports shows up as unknown device so I looked up how to tell what device that Is and i was told to go into device manager and check the Hardware ID's on the missing device. I did just that and the following things show up in this same order...