Windows 10: My pc is not connecting to the internet even after running ipconfig /flushdns

Discus and support My pc is not connecting to the internet even after running ipconfig /flushdns in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A week back suddenly chrome started to fail loading certain websites on my windows 10 laptop. I looked up the internet and it said the error was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HumanMcPerson, Nov 22, 2019.

1. My pc is not connecting to the internet even after running ipconfig /flushdns

A week back suddenly chrome started to fail loading certain websites on my windows 10 laptop. I looked up the internet and it said the error was probably due to cluttered IP on my laptop, but everything ran fine on Brave browser. But today even brave started to fail and soon even Explorer followed; it got so worse that Explorer even refused to connect to Firefox website so that I couldn't even download firefox.

I ran the commands ipconfig /renew and ipconfig /flushdns thrice today but none of the browsers still connect to the internet. Is factory reset the only option?

:)

HumanMcPerson, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Unable to connect to internet on browsers except for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nad,

Thank you for replying with the error messages received on trying to connect to internet on different browsers.

Please reply, did you try performing System restore as suggested in the above post?

If haven’t tried performing System restore, flush your PC’s
    DNS cache by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved. Performing the below steps will clear DNS cache from the computer and renew the IP configuration set on the computer.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      from the context menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter after each entries:
      • ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns
      • ipconfig /release
      • ipconfig /renew
    • Close the windows and check if the changes are effective.

If the above steps does not resolve the issue, perform
    System restore by following steps mentioned in the above post and check if it helps.

Write to us with the status of unable to connect to internet on other browser except for Edge on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

My pc is not connecting to the internet even after running ipconfig /flushdns

Internet Connection

Hi Mohit Bahirat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that not being able to connect to the Internet can be disappointing. We will look into this for you. To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers
    to the questions below.

1. Are you receiving any error code or error message when you try to connect to the Internet?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 you are using? You can refer this article to

Check for operating system information in Windows 10

3. May I know the make and model of your system?

Method 1: Run Internet troubleshooter.

1. Click the Search icon.
    2. Type “settings” (no quotes), then hit Enter.
    3. Click on Update & Security
    4. Under the left bar menu, select Troubleshoot.
    5. Select Internet Connections, then click Run the Troubleshooter.
    6. Fix the problem by following the on-screen instructions in the troubleshooter
    Method 2: Run these networking commands.

1. In the search box on the taskbar ,type Command prompt
    2. Press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select
      Run as administrator
      , and click on Yes.
    3. Run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

I also suggest you to follow this referral article on
    Fix network connection issues in Windows
    , and check if that work.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

My pc is not connecting to the internet even after running ipconfig /flushdns

1. My pc is not connecting to the internet even after running ipconfig /flushdns - Similar Threads - connecting internet running

2. What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...: Just to make sure that the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-run-first-ipconfig-flushdns-ipconfig/954d6fba-5159-4741-97ab-1e65cf92d632
  3. What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...: Just to make sure that the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-run-first-ipconfig-flushdns-ipconfig/954d6fba-5159-4741-97ab-1e65cf92d632
  4. What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Needing to type ipconfig /flushdns every time to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Needing to type ipconfig /flushdns every time to play games: So for the past 3-4 days now I've been experiencing a problem. You see when I want to launch either Lunar Client Lunar Client is a Minecraft client or Genshin Impact, the following errors are shown screenshot 1 is Lunar Client and screenshot 2 is Genshin. Valorant also has...
  6. Needing to type ipconfig /flushdns every time to play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Needing to type ipconfig /flushdns every time to play games: So for the past 3-4 days now I've been experiencing a problem. You see when I want to launch either Lunar Client Lunar Client is a Minecraft client or Genshin Impact, the following errors are shown screenshot 1 is Lunar Client and screenshot 2 is Genshin. Valorant also has...
  7. Needing to type ipconfig /flushdns every time to play games

8. Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet

Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet: unable to find why office suite pro 2016 Outlook, Edge and Network Trouble shooter also the hidden icon that when connected changes from a ball to a display icon Network Status to name a few programs ALL THINK I am NOT CONNECTED TO A NETWORK. AT the VERY SAME TIME I...
  9. No internet even after being connected to the internet.

No internet even after being connected to the internet.: [IMG] Hi! I am suffering from a very weird problem with the internet connection of my laptop from a long time. Can you give me a solution? Even there is internet, my browser says no internet. And it mostly happens when the laptop get switched from charging to "on...
  10. Grant permission for ipconfig /flushdns to user using least privilege

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Grant permission for ipconfig /flushdns to user using least privilege: Somehow I set it up so that my standard account on my Windows 7 computer can use IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS. I cannot remember how I did it. I just got a new Windows 10 computer a little over a month ago and just had to reset my router and now I need to perform IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS...