Windows 10: My PC Is not showing/allowing updates.

Discus and support My PC Is not showing/allowing updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, the other day I noticed that my pc was stuck on Windows 10 version 20H2. This is strange because I was always able to get updates until I reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndrewGrivner, Aug 31, 2021.

1. My PC Is not showing/allowing updates.

Hello, the other day I noticed that my pc was stuck on Windows 10 version 20H2. This is strange because I was always able to get updates until I reset my pc a few weeks ago. One thing I did notice was that when I go to the Windows update section, it takes a while to load in and then isn't able to find any updates. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this? Thanks in advance.

:)

AndrewGrivner, Aug 31, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My PC Is not showing/allowing updates. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 31, 2021
  3. Windows Store showing download - click on downloads and updates and nothing is there (issue on multiple pc's)

Thank you for the update. The results show that the Windows Store cache may be damaged. In this case, we suggest that you clear and reset Store cache. Windows 10 includes a built-in utility called
    WSReset to clear and reset the Store cache. Note that clearing and resetting Windows Store cache will not remove your installed apps or your Microsoft account info associated with the Store app. You may follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search box, then select Command Prompt.
    • Type: WSReset.exe
    • Allow the process to complete, then restart your computer.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Aug 31, 2021
  4. My PC Is not showing/allowing updates.

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 31, 2021
Thema:

My PC Is not showing/allowing updates.

1. My PC Is not showing/allowing updates. - Similar Threads - showing allowing updates

2. my pc is not allowing for update to windows 11 pls. help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is not allowing for update to windows 11 pls. help: it is due to minimum hard ware requirements, pls seen the attached screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-not-allowing-for-update-to-windows-11-pls/d44ed98e-9975-4605-9bc6-a22e8fed5e04
  3. my pc is not allowing for update to windows 11 pls. help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc is not allowing for update to windows 11 pls. help: it is due to minimum hard ware requirements, pls seen the attached screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-not-allowing-for-update-to-windows-11-pls/d44ed98e-9975-4605-9bc6-a22e8fed5e04
  4. my pc is not allowing for update to windows 11 pls. help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help with windows not allowing my PC to turn on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with windows not allowing my PC to turn on.: I have already checked and the hardware passes the tests but I can't get past the loading screen. attached please find what my screen says. any help is appreciated...
  6. Help with windows not allowing my PC to turn on.

Help with windows not allowing my PC to turn on.: I have already checked and the hardware passes the tests but I can't get past the loading screen. attached please find what my screen says. any help is appreciated...
  7. Windows Update my PC is not up to date but it will not allow me to update it

Windows Update my PC is not up to date but it will not allow me to update it: Long Story Short:In the Windows Update location, it says that I am not up to date and that "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". I then click on "check for updates" and it searches for updates but when it finishes, nothing changes. I do not see new...
  8. PC Not Allowing Access ...

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Not Allowing Access ...: ... to a specific website. NOTE - this is a pc issue, not a browser issue so do not move this topic to the browser forum. The issue is present in Palemoon, Firefox, Edge, Chrome, etc. I use Palemoon, but installed the others for testing. I am clueless. We have a single ISP...
  9. Windows update shows stopping and will not stop, not allowing updates or sleep mode

Windows update shows stopping and will not stop, not allowing updates or sleep mode: I have tried remote acces via Microsoft but was sent here as I was told that I was running an insider program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-shows-stopping-and-will-not-stop/496d67ef-9e9e-4a66-a642-4755852e5475
  10. Something's not allowing my PC to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Something's not allowing my PC to sleep.: When I try to make my laptop sleep without closing the id, it sleeps for just 1 sec and then wakes up automatically. I used the lastwake cmd line, and found this: Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device...