Windows 10: My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to...

Discus and support My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What may be the cause?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Inam Ntsethe 224123687, Apr 20, 2024.

1. My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to...

What may be the cause?

:)

Inam Ntsethe 224123687, Apr 20, 2024

2. Taskbar buttons not working

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding the Start button, follow the steps below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Click on Local Disk (CMy pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to... :).
    • Select Windows.
    • Click on System32.
    • Right click on cmd, and then Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt box, type sfc/ scannow, and then press
      Enter.

My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to... 7a41ee01-ccfa-4ef7-8bcb-d07892ba322f.png

7. Check the result that you will get.

If the result is Found corrupt files and repair successfully, test your Windows and Search button again.

If the result is Found corrupt files but unable to repair, follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt as an Administrator.
    • At the flashing prompt, type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth then press Enter.
    • Once it says Operation successful, try your Windows and Search button again.
    If the result is No integrity violation, follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt as an Administrator.
    • Type powershell, and then press Enter.
    • Wait until you see PS C:\windows\system32>, at the flashing prompt type this command
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} then press Enter.
    • If you see any error in red, ignore it.
    • Once done, try your Windows and Search button.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Apr 20, 2024
  3. HammerON Win User
    Jacks aren't working

Please do not double post. Use the Edit button*Smile My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to... :)
    Sorry you could not get it working. Try contacting the manufacture and trouble shoot the issue with them.

HammerON, Apr 20, 2024
  4. My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to...

Taskbar/Start button not working!

Courage, Alentiev! It's a common problem with many possible solutions. Here's a list of possible solutions:

Folks, so many people are having trouble with the Start Button not working in Windows 10, that I have assembled all the various cures. None of them will work every time, but there’s a good chance that one of them will.

1) Go to this web page Has your Windows 10 Start menu stopped working? Here are four ways to fix it - BT to learn how to use PowerShell (a built-in Windows utility that you already have) to fix it. His first two ideas are pretty good. Don’t do his more drastic solutions, though, until you try these other ones.
    2) Uninstall your anti-virus program and re-install it.
    3) Simply use the Windows key (between the Ctrl and Alt keys) instead
    4) Type “Classic Shell” into a search engine and install it. It is a free Start Button that works great.
    5) Use System Restore

On its official site, Microsoft recommends:

Method 1:
    1 Open run command. (Windows logo + r)
    2. type regedit and press enter.
    3. click ok when notification window prompt.
    4. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>Advance
    5. Create a Dword with name ‘EnableXamlStartMenu’.
    6. Give it value 0
    7. Log off and login again.
    If it still doesn't work try these methods.

Method 2:
    I would suggest you to try ‘sfc scan’ if you haven’t tried it yet.
    Let’s use the System File Checker (SFC) tool to see if it can find any missing or corrupted system files. If so, it will attempt to repair and/or replace them. Follow these steps:
    1. Press Windows +x
    2. Select command prompt admin.
    3. At the command prompt type “sfc /scannow” (no quotes), and then press ENTER
    Method 3:
    1. Press Windows + x
    2. Select command prompt admin.
    3. Type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4. Reboot PC.

Vince Massi, Apr 20, 2024
Thema:

My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to...

1. My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to... - Similar Threads - working was trying

2. My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to...: What may be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-not-working-i-was-trying-to-open-it-but/7e1cb1ed-97f7-4915-82fa-6f9a2ce87721
  3. Get started button not working when i try to reset pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get started button not working when i try to reset pc: ive tried everything microsoft told me to including System File Checker tool i scanned my pc for viruses too i did everything microsoft told me to...
  4. My Windows Updates Aren't Working. I Tried Everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Updates Aren't Working. I Tried Everything.: I don't know what happened, just one day Windows updates don't seem to work anymore. I've tried many many troubleshooting solutions, even going down to repairing Windows by reinstalling it. The issue then still persists. Same goes for the Microsoft store, it can't update...
  5. My Windows Updates Aren't Working. I Tried Everything.

My Windows Updates Aren't Working. I Tried Everything.: I don't know what happened, just one day Windows updates don't seem to work anymore. I've tried many many troubleshooting solutions, even going down to repairing Windows by reinstalling it. The issue then still persists. Same goes for the Microsoft store, it can't update...
  6. My Windows Updates Aren't Working. I Tried Everything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I tried to reset my pc, it undid the changes and now it doesn't work..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to reset my pc, it undid the changes and now it doesn't work..: So i was having an issue with my network adapters at first tried a lot of things like a reset on network, uninstalling, reinstalling, none of that worked so i just attempted a factory reset, then that failed and it undid the changes, so i try to login and it says user profile...
  8. I tried to reset my pc, it undid the changes and now it doesn't work..

I tried to reset my pc, it undid the changes and now it doesn't work..: So i was having an issue with my network adapters at first tried a lot of things like a reset on network, uninstalling, reinstalling, none of that worked so i just attempted a factory reset, then that failed and it undid the changes, so i try to login and it says user profile...
  9. Brightness Buttons Aren't Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness Buttons Aren't Working: When I press the brightness adjusting buttons on my Inspiron 14 5000, the buttons don't adjust the brightness and I have to manually go the slider. This is a new laptop and the buttons were working perfectly fine a few days ago and I don't know what the problem is or what...
  10. My headphones aren't working on my pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headphones aren't working on my pc.: I used them in other devices and they work fine, I tried another pair of headphones and the same thing happened. I tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting my pc and it didn't work. All the troubleshooting didn't help and after speaking to tech support they couldn't help...