Windows 10: My PC is plugged in but not charging stay at 1% Help

Discus and support My PC is plugged in but not charging stay at 1% Help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; pc is plugged in but not charging. Took battery put it back , same. Please Help,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LenaSmythe, Oct 12, 2018 at 5:32 AM.

1. LenaSmythe Win User

My PC is plugged in but not charging stay at 1% Help

pc is plugged in but not charging. Took battery put it back , same. Please Help,

:)

2. acetrumps Win User

Plugged in, not charging

I've had this HP Envy for years and today my battery won't charge. I'm plugged in, so it's not dying, but my battery is at 1% and the battery status mouseover says "1% available (plugged in, not charging)". I've tried all the search results for this problem, including going into Device Manager and uninstalling the battery driver then scanning for updates, but it's still not charging. I even went into Command Prompt and tried sfc /scannow but it didn't change anything. Please help?

3. carp Win User
    Plugged in, not charging

The battery in my computer is at 1% and it is plugged in, but it isn't charging. It just says plugged in, not charging. It has turned off a few times and said that the wattage of the ac power adapter couldn't be determined, but it usually goes away when I unplug and then plug back in the power cord. How do I fix this?

4. Zeeba# Win User

0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Thema:

1. My PC is plugged in but not charging stay at 1% Help - Similar Threads - plugged charging stay

2. plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    plugged in, not charging: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 2-in-1 7000 series laptop (flips into a tablet). This has been happening for a while, but when I plug in my 45 W ac adapter charger (came with laptop) it says " plugged in, not charging." Sometimes I can get it to where it'll charge, but lately I can...
  3. plugged in not charging.

plugged in not charging.: What can I do in order for the plugged in to charge on my Laptop. I am able to function without the battery as long as the plugged in is connected to the outlet; but the battery is not charging....
  4. plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    plugged in not charging: All of a sudden I get plugged in not charging when i scroll over the battery life. The current power is 0% so if I unplug the computer shuts off. I tried all updates but nothing. I asked at a computer store if it's the battery and they said if it is they would order the...
  5. plugged in , not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    plugged in , not charging: when i am charging my laptop it gets charge up to 60-75% then it suddenly start to stop and shows ( plugged in,not charging). if i unplug and plug it again then for about 5 sec it shows charging then again it stops. so never getting 100% charged my laptop. and if i stayed...
  6. plugged in - not charging

plugged in - not charging: dell laptop recently started with error message of wrong ac adapter. it is the correct one. charges for about 30 seconds, then stops. won.t charge battery when on or off....
  7. Plugged in, not charging.

Plugged in, not charging.: Hello, today during a power-outage my laptop had ran out of battery, it was unplugged from the outlet, and despite the fact the battery occasionally fell out, it works when it's in the socket. The charger itself was plugged in during the duration of the power-outage, from the...
  8. Plugged in - Not Charging

Plugged in - Not Charging: On my HP laptop running the latest version of Windows 10, for the last few months, I have multiple times run into the problem where my laptop is plugged into the charger but not charging. I follow the instructions I found online to uninstall the batteries in device manager...
  9. Plugged in, not charging

Plugged in, not charging: I've had this HP Envy for years and today my battery won't charge. I'm plugged in, so it's not dying, but my battery is at 1% and the battery status mouseover says "1% available (plugged in, not charging)". I've tried all the search results for this problem, including going...
  10. Plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Support
    Plugged in, not charging: The battery in my computer is at 1% and it is plugged in, but it isn't charging. It just says plugged in, not charging. It has turned off a few times and said that the wattage of the ac power adapter couldn't be determined, but it usually goes away when I unplug and then plug...