Windows 10: My Pc is really screwing up

Discus and support My Pc is really screwing up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have been having a problem with my taskbar for almost 3 months now where it constantly keeps refreshing even when im playing a full screen game on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by void null, Jun 16, 2020.

1. void null Win User

My Pc is really screwing up

So I have been having a problem with my taskbar for almost 3 months now where it constantly keeps refreshing even when im playing a full screen game on Steam and it makes my FPS go down for around 5 seconds. I haven't had time to search up on how I can fix it but today my windows key commands like windows - x dont work so i dont think i can go to settings anymore. Please help me fix this and if you need anymore info on it please ask.

:)

void null, Jun 16, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Cortana really screwed me up on that one.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you trying delete the user account from your PC or are you trying to convert the Microsoft account into a local account?

Reply with the answer to the above question, in-order to assist your appropriate troubleshooting steps.

I understand your concern, if Microsoft account is configured on multiple devices then changes made on one PC will apply for all the devices connected to the same Microsoft account.

If you trying to unlink the Microsoft account from one of your PC. I suggest you to convert the Microsoft account to local account and check if that helps.

To do that,

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard.
    2. Select the Accounts option.
    3. Now click on Your account option.
    4. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    5. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Your account will be converted to a local account and will unlinked from Microsoft account.

However, if you don't want the settings to sync on other devices connected to the same Microsoft account then you can turn off the sync settings.

To do that,

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard.
    2. Click on the Accounts option.
    3. Now click on Sync your settings option.
    4. Toggle the switch Off under Sync settings.

I would suggest you to refer the article on About sync settings on Windows 10 devices,
    please refer the section 'To stop syncing your settings and remove them from the cloud' that contains information which could prove itself useful to you.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 16, 2020
  4. My Pc is really screwing up

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

My Pc is really screwing up

1. My Pc is really screwing up - Similar Threads - really screwing

2. RAM really high even though active tasks in task manager do not add up to this value.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM really high even though active tasks in task manager do not add up to this value.: Hello,For a month now I have noticed that my laptop has gotten really slow - and I use it mainly for browsing and for playing some games. Nowadays, I can't run games on the same device that I used to be able to run - and I bought this laptop Winter last year, so I have had it...
  3. RAM really high even though active tasks in task manager do not add up to this value.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM really high even though active tasks in task manager do not add up to this value.: Hello,For a month now I have noticed that my laptop has gotten really slow - and I use it mainly for browsing and for playing some games. Nowadays, I can't run games on the same device that I used to be able to run - and I bought this laptop Winter last year, so I have had it...
  4. Really screwed up! YouTube mirophone issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really screwed up! YouTube mirophone issue: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows, 10 Pro I use, YouTube quite often. Just type in, a question. They will have, 1000 Videos Every musicins song, and so on! But I really, screwed up. Earlier today. I went to, YouTube. The first thing I saw. Was a. white message....
  5. really screwed up!

really screwed up!: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows, 10 Pro I use, YouTube quite often. Just type in, a question. They will have, 1000 Videos Every musicins song, and so on! But I really, screwed up. Earlier today. I went to, YouTube. The first thing I saw. Was a. white message....
  6. I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help: four days ago my husband had an update and after installing it restarted with an outlook sign in, well he couldn't remember his password and every time we tried to reset it would say we didn't give enough information to be given that information. I couldn't get in through...
  7. Cortana really screwed me up on that one.

in Cortana
    Cortana really screwed me up on that one.: For some reason, I own a Windows 10 Virtual Machine. (on a mac, using VMware Fusion Pro) (by the way, there are no snapshots or system restore points or could it be...) I wanted to use Cortana with my microphone, so I clicked on the Microphone icon, and my Microphone was...
  8. I really screwed the pooch!

I really screwed the pooch!: Ok, long story short....after facing low disk space, so no MS update abilities, and then having all the troubleshooters crap out, I started trying like the devil to fix things that might be easy for myself. Well, somehow I switched my account to a local/non administrator...
  9. Windows "creators" Update has really screwed much of my PC up.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows "creators" Update has really screwed much of my PC up.: i found i had this update unwillingly thrust upon me, and it pretty much screwed with many of my settings, and all that cortana rubbish that i have never needed, and so on, BUT it gets worse... being creative, i have VERY large music, video, and phto folders which have...
  10. Somehow I have really screwed up my 10/7 dual boot !!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Somehow I have really screwed up my 10/7 dual boot !!: Somehow I've managed to create what I think is a mess with my system after a clean install of Win 10 Pro 64bit on a new SSD. I get the below attached hodge-podge of boot options at bios boot...some of those drives have...or have never had operating systems on them and are...