Windows 10: My pc is reserving half my ram and i'm at the point of wanting to throw my pc at the wall,...

Discus and support My pc is reserving half my ram and i'm at the point of wanting to throw my pc at the wall,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc is reserving half my ram and I've looked up and tried all these "solutions" and none of them have worked. I have tried changing "virtual memory"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by miles savage, Dec 2, 2022.

1. My pc is reserving half my ram and i'm at the point of wanting to throw my pc at the wall,...

My pc is reserving half my ram and I've looked up and tried all these "solutions" and none of them have worked. I have tried changing "virtual memory" to "no paging file", gone into msconfig and made sure the "maximum memory" box was unchecked, gone in regedit and changed that weird value to one, made sure they were slotted correctly, they're in my primary slots, no dust or anything, the only thing I haven't done is go back to my old version of bios but for some reason it wont let me downgrade. I have a gigabyte b450m ds3h motherboard, 32gb of corsair ramas well as two 8gb A-data ram to give

:)

miles savage, Dec 2, 2022
  2. scottdeto Win User

Half of RAM 'Hardware Reserved'

I have 32GB of RAM installed and half is "hardware reserved" by Windows. I've tried every suggestion I can find, including moving the modules around to different slots. My MB does not have onboard graphics.

Specs:
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AX370M-DS3H (BIOS on latest firmware)
    • CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X (upgraded from 1700x and it didn't help)
    • RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C16 Memory Kit
    • GPU: Nvidia RTX-2060 Super

The BIOS, Windows, CPUZ and HWInfo all show 32GB installed and both slots used, but Windows says "Hardware Reserved: 16.1GB".

This was occurring on Windows 10. I am currently running Windows 11 (beta channel) and it didn't help. I also upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 7 1700 with no change.

Pics: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

scottdeto, Dec 2, 2022
  3. Bree Win User

According to your motherboard's manual (page 10) you should be using slots ddr4_1 and ddr4_2

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileLi...70m-ds3h_e.pdf

It would also be worth checking the bios settings for memory suit the memory you are using (page 24 onwards).

Bree, Dec 2, 2022
  4. MisterEd Win User

My pc is reserving half my ram and i'm at the point of wanting to throw my pc at the wall,...

Run msconfig
    Select Boot tab
    Select Advanced options
    Make sure Maximum memory is unchecked

My pc is reserving half my ram and i'm at the point of wanting to throw my pc at the wall,... [​IMG]

MisterEd, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

My pc is reserving half my ram and i'm at the point of wanting to throw my pc at the wall,...

1. My pc is reserving half my ram and i'm at the point of wanting to throw my pc at the wall,... - Similar Threads - reserving half ram

2. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware reserved half of my ram: Hello, I am currently having a RAM issue, about 2 days ago I had taken out a ram stick. I placed it back firmly and made sure it was all good and connected. Well when I check task manager, it does indeed show 16GB 8x2. But the big issue I’m having is that only 8 is being...
  3. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware reserved half of my ram: Hello, I am currently having a RAM issue, about 2 days ago I had taken out a ram stick. I placed it back firmly and made sure it was all good and connected. Well when I check task manager, it does indeed show 16GB 8x2. But the big issue I’m having is that only 8 is being...
  4. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My pc is reserving half my ram and i'm at the point of wanting to throw my pc at the wall,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is reserving half my ram and i'm at the point of wanting to throw my pc at the wall,...: My pc is reserving half my ram and I've looked up and tried all these "solutions" and none of them have worked. I have tried changing "virtual memory" to "no paging file", gone into msconfig and made sure the "maximum memory" box was unchecked, gone in regedit and changed...
  6. My pc is reserving half my ram and i'm at the point of wanting to throw my pc at the wall,...

My pc is reserving half my ram and i'm at the point of wanting to throw my pc at the wall,...: My pc is reserving half my ram and I've looked up and tried all these "solutions" and none of them have worked. I have tried changing "virtual memory" to "no paging file", gone into msconfig and made sure the "maximum memory" box was unchecked, gone in regedit and changed...
  7. Half Ram is in Hardware reserved

Half Ram is in Hardware reserved: I've tried Multiple different solutions and non of them seem to solve the issue. Everywhere in windows it says I have 16GB of memory installed but only 7.94 Usable the rest in hardware reserve.this happens with another working kit of ram. it only happens when 2 sticks are...
  8. ‘Hardware Reserved’ Windows is using half of my RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ‘Hardware Reserved’ Windows is using half of my RAM: [ATTACH] I posted about this before on other subreddits and have done a chunk of research myself. I keep reaching dead ends but here I am trying again because I really want the best performance out of my rig. I have 16 gigs of RAM but have noticed that according to task...
  9. Hardware reserving half my RAM

Hardware reserving half my RAM: I've been trying to fix a problem where my hardware will reserve 8gb of RAM, and my pc won't use my graphics card, even though it says its working fine, I believe the problem might be because of integrated graphics, that is using ram, and taking my graphics card place....
  10. Half my RAM is hardware reserved

Half my RAM is hardware reserved: Hi, Recently, I added 4GB of RAM to my computer, bringing it up to 8GB. However, it appears that all this has done is increase the Hardware Reserved Memory to 4.3GB. In other words, I am getting absolutely no benefit from the additional RAM. Following advice given...